IGNORED

Adam Scott: Do you actually think? *Poll*

Crim
Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Adam Scott have an asterisk on his victories for using the belly putter?

• YES
    • NO

I  hardly think that expecting a basic level of English is being a grammar "Nazi", but in this case I'll admit that my rudeness is probably a bigger problem than your spelling. ;-)

In a world where written communication seems to be becoming more important rather than less, I do think it's important, and when you come from a thread which is specifically about the "loose" thing, It grates when you see it in consecutive sentences.

Like it or not, people are judged by their presentation - I know I am - but people like our 14 year old wannabe "proffessional" who is asking about "equiptment" (but with a 4.5 GPA) it makes one wonder.

But hey----I'll take bad spelling over twerking any day of the week.

Anyway, I was riled by the moronic rantings of Chris223, so I apologise.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

But even you have to admit that this is pretty danged funny. ;)

Lmao too good. Bad spelling, funny jokes and the resident dumb dumb being rude for no reason.. yet again. This thread has it all!!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty

If a long putter was an advantage then it would be an advantage for EVERYONE. PED's are an advantage because anyone who takes them is gaining an advantage on those that are not. If you take PED's, they will work, everytime for everyone. A long putter works for some, and doesn't work for others, so it is not an advantage in any way in my eyes because if it were then when the best putters on tour using a short putter picked one up, they would show even greater proficiency. I have never played with anyone who used a long putter. If they were an advantage then everyone would use them and we would have a long putter epidemic.

The only problem I had with the long putter was this (popular, yet) asinine argument.  Of course the club was an advantage or the player wouldn't be using it.

The technical reason this argument fails.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Scott has hinted that keeping the broomstick is what he might do. Keep it but not anchor, as stated above.

Surely he would have to cut it down though, no?  I don't see how he could use that thing effectively without anchoring it.  It goes darn near up to his neck.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Surely he would have to cut it down though, no?  I don't see how he could use that thing effectively without anchoring it.  It goes darn near up to his neck.

oh, I  dunno....You do not anchor your household broom do you? and in fact, if you cut it down, it would not be as effective. Your top hand acts as a fulcrum and for some that could be advantageous and at the same time, fall within the parameters of a "golf swing" in so much as having only two points of contact.  Again, this issue has been resolved.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have to admit I had to look up the definition of "FFS".

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have to admit I had to look up the definition of "FFS".

Ditto, and some would say that the existence of "Texting" style shorthand is ruining the English language.

Shorty, no problem on calling me out on my grammar. I know it can get pretty bad sometimes. I get the whole, having consistent grammar makes for a more intelligent looking argument/statement. As long as you can accept that people can't be correct 100% of the time, no body is perfect.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Okay guys, *.

* (He still looks meaner than I wish. Let's just get back on topic. If anyone is aware of a nicer looking "off topic" smiley please send it to me.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Chris223

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

So, what are you going to say if he just keeps using the same putter without anchoring it?  Still a clown?  Gotta love the bravery some people show behind the obscurity of the internet.

I don't like him... plain and simple.  Just something about him rubs me the wrong way and I have absolutely NO respect for his caddie or the way he handles himself.  And Scott himself DID say he was AWFUL at putting before he switched to the anchored long putter which looks hideous but that's beside the point.  I am entitled to my opinion, and I am entitled to be a fan of who I want to be, I think he'll fade back into obscurity when he has to find some other method of putting.  He's not even THAT good right now.  Sure he has his rounds but do does everyone.  Phil Mickelsons final rnd @ The Open for example... is an exception and FAR from the rule when it comes to Phil's skill with the flat stick... Phil is my favorite player but I can't recall anyone else on tour who lips out so many super short putts.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.  I guess it's just you calling him a clown that inspired my reply.  John Daly is a clown.  Ian Poulter is a clown.  Adam Scott is just a golfer, and as much as I hate the long putter, he's essentially a nice guy.  I dislike his caddie intensely, just as I did when he was still with Tiger.  He's too full of his own self-importance.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.  I guess it's just you calling him a clown that inspired my reply.  John Daly is a clown.  Ian Poulter is a clown.  Adam Scott is just a golfer, and as much as I hate the long putter, he's essentially a nice guy.  I dislike his caddie intensely, just as I did when he was still with Tiger.  He's too full of his own self-importance.

John Daly isn't a clown, he's a person who's struggled through a substance addiction, and was trying very hard to get his life back in order, which included a questionable contract with some crazy clothing lines.

Ian Poulter isn't a clown either. I actually like Ian, he has a good personality. I can't complain about someone who has such a passion for the game of golf and competing. He's really fun to watch during the Ryder cup, just a fierce competitor.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Quote:

John Daly isn't a clown, he's a person who's struggled through a substance addiction, and was trying very hard to get his life back in order, which included a questionable contract with some crazy clothing lines.

Ian Poulter isn't a clown either. I actually like Ian, he has a good personality. I can't complain about someone who has such a passion for the game of golf and competing. He's really fun to watch during the Ryder cup, just a fierce competitor.

Hey, if they wear clown suits, they're clowns.  And Daly hasn't really tried all that hard to repair his image.  He has actually spent too much time throwing it in our faces.  I liked him when he first showed up on Tour, but he killed any respect I had for him a long time ago.

I haven't liked Poulter since the first time I saw him.  Just rubs me the wrong way, and his outfits don't help.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Hey, if they wear clown suits, they're clowns.  And Daly hasn't really tried all that hard to repair his image.  He has actually spent too much time throwing it in our faces.  I liked him when he first showed up on Tour, but he killed any respect I had for him a long time ago.

I haven't liked Poulter since the first time I saw him.  Just rubs me the wrong way, and his outfits don't help.

I actually like Daly's pants, the're kinda cool looking. They tend to look better than Ricky's outfits, sometimes he looks like an auto mechanic wearing a solid color jumpsuit.

As for Adam Scott, I am sure he will find a way to compete. He has to much talent not to. He'll probably drop off the map for a year, but he'll be back winning tournaments.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I actually like Daly's pants, the're kinda cool looking. They tend to look better than Ricky's outfits, sometimes he looks like an auto mechanic wearing a solid color jumpsuit.  As for Adam Scott, I am sure he will find a way to compete. He has to much talent not to. He'll probably drop off the map for a year, but he'll be back winning tournaments.

You lost me man. Are you seriously writing Adam Scott off because of the anchor ban? I'm pretty sure he will adapt, after all they're professional golfers not weekend hackers that don't use their driver because they're fighting a slice.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

You lost me man. Are you seriously writing Adam Scott off because of the anchor ban? I'm pretty sure he will adapt, after all they're professional golfers not weekend hackers that don't use their driver because they're fighting a slice.

Yea, i am, just for a short while, because he's going to have to change his putting style. That is huge. Golfers have been known to drop off the map when they make a change. Look at Harrington, changed his golf swing after winning back to back majors, he really hasn't been in contention in the past 3-4 years. Given that is a swing change, but putting changes are no joke. He's made how many practice swings with that long putter. Now he has to, first learn a new putting stroke, then gain touch with it. It will take him some time. If you think pro's don't struggle with changes to their game, you haven't been paying attention to them. Rory switches golf clubs, he falls off the map. Tiger changes his golf swing, took him a few years just to finally get a win again. Changes take time, it isn't just plug and play for golf pro's.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

But even you have to admit that this is pretty danged funny. ;)

No asssterix. Oday, the spllchik on mi nwu fone skews up evrtink I rite. Next time, iphone. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Anyway back on track. People are asking where I've heard the asterisk thing. It's not even from people I play with. I've seen it mentioned multiple times on this very website and other sites. Trolls I'd imagine.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Originally Posted by Shorty

I  hardly think that expecting a basic level of English is being a grammar "Nazi", but in this case I'll admit that my rudeness is probably a bigger problem than your spelling. ;-)

In a world where written communication seems to be becoming more important rather than less, I do think it's important, and when you come from a thread which is specifically about the "loose" thing, It grates when you see it in consecutive sentences.

Like it or not, people are judged by their presentation - I know I am - but people like our 14 year old wannabe "proffessional" who is asking about "equiptment" (but with a 4.5 GPA) it makes one wonder.

But hey----I'll take bad spelling over twerking any day of the week.

Anyway, I was riled by the moronic rantings of Chris223, so I apologise.

Moronic rantings?  Because I said I don't like him, that's a moronic rant?  Someone pointed out they thought they heard someone say he was awful before the long putter which is the subject of this thread.  I pointed out it was Scott himself who has said this - several times.  Then I said I simply don't like him, but the mere thought of an asterik needing to be placed is ridiculous.  You don't have to take it so personal the fact that I simply don't like him.

And yes I have seen his performances this year to whoever else commented about that... his performances doesn't mean his putting was amazing.  Going back to the Open last year he often missed some BIG putts that if you're going to win and win often... you NEED to make.  Compare him to Tiger Woods back in his prime... he seemingly made EVERY putt.  His ability to read the break, judge the speed and just put it center cup every time was incredible... and he didn't need a long putter to do it because he had nerves of steel.  Scott needing to use the type of putter he uses - well isn't the idea to take the nerves out of the putting stroke that can cause you to miss putts?

But again... just because I don't like the kind of putter he uses or feel it should be allowed, doesn't mean there should be an asterik, after all it is perfectly legal... today.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 3888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!