Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3putter

2014 Farmers Insurance Open thread

86 posts in this topic

It's that time of the year again. Tiger and Phil are in the field, and so are a bunch of other nice names to make this a tournament to enjoy. If there are pics, please feel free to post them. I wouldn't mind living vicariously through pictures of Torrey Pines.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The true start to any PGA Tour year!  I'm hoping that Lefty brings his Abu Dhabi form with him this week and gives Tiger a run for his money.

This should be fun to watch.

First round pairings, South Course @10:40 am,

On the first tee, Spieth, Walker and Tiger........

Phil's golfing with Bubba and Day @ 9:30 on the Nor th Course.

Club Rat

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my Bart Scott voice................CAN'T WAIT!

I've been moderately following the PGA Tour so far in 2014, but things really heat up this week at Torrey Pines.  The PGA Tour season is about to pick up, and I'm ready to see how things turn out this weekend.  I'd love to see Phil and Tiger battle it out Sunday, but there are quite a few other top golfers in the field.

YA BABY!!!!

Golf Channel coverage starts @ 2pm central. S hould be grrrrrrrrreat (in old tom morris voice)

Hopefully they stream it.

They are, watching it at work on my laptop. :banana:

I guess I don't really know understand what the north and south course thing is about. I saw the Humana Challenge last week also utilized a couple different courses.

Gary McCord and Nick Faldo are talking up ground forces, push off the ground for power pretty hard. Saying that 1, 2 extra hp to the standard 4 hp in a swing according to them, coming from what Chamblee says is no good.

Lol, are they really using HP as a term???

I guess I don't really know understand what the north and south course thing is about. I saw the Humana Challenge last week also utilized a couple different courses.

I might be wrong, but I think it may simply have something to do with allowing them to have a larger field.

Lol, are they really using HP as a term???

Yep. I have no idea if a standard swing requires 4 hp. I thought 1 person was like, 0.5 hp? Whatever.

Currently (with several players still on the courses) there are only 3 guys in the top 25 who played the South course today.  Pat Perez (67), Charley Hoffman (69), and Brian Stuard (-3 thru 15).

Likewise, only 4 of the last 27 golfers in the tournament played the North course.

Kind of demonstrates the difference in difficulty of the two.

Tigs with some loose swings today... Distance control on some longer putts was shaky.

I admit it, much as I idolized Faldo as a player when I was young, as a commentator his Peter Allis impersonation is starting to grate on me, now.

Somewhat bold prediction: the winning score on Sunday is going to be -8. Same exact score as the day 1 leader.

Yep. I have no idea if a standard swing requires 4 hp. I thought 1 person was like, 0.5 hp? Whatever.

Isn't that running? That doesn't necessarily mean a human can't produce more doing something else.