IGNORED

What's your Cigar of choice?

Kenny87
Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Of the Padron cigars, I've only tried 1964 Anniversary series.

Can someone provide what the differences are between 1964 and 2000, and 3000?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Of the Padron cigars, I've only tried 1964 Anniversary series. Can someone provide what the differences are between 1964 and 2000, and 3000?

The '64 and '26 are their premium lines. The X000s are cheaper, but still great cigars, especially for the money. Those would be the closest thing to a "go-to" for me.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

[IMG]http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/skupics/mam/CI-MAM-PHIM-400.jpg[/IMG] If I don't have a long time. Drew estates natural or Legends, orange I think... For a larger cigar. I like cigars but after black fly season, I really forget about smoking them unless I am smoking meats on the grill. I may have to try some of these listed in the spring.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

[IMG]http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/skupics/mam/CI-MAM-PHIM-400.jpg[/IMG] If I don't have a long time. Drew estates natural or Legends, orange I think... For a larger cigar. I like cigars but after black fly season, I really forget about smoking them unless I am smoking meats on the grill. I may have to try some of these listed in the spring.

I don't follow this logic. Unless you mean you didn't go outdoors much due to a large number of black flies flying around. With regards to Padron cigars, I forgot that I've tried their "regular" brand, i.e., no number after the name, simply "Padron". Did not like them at all. A bit spicy tasting. I hate spicy tasting cigars. I love spicy food but I prefer my cigars to be "neutral" tasting.

Don

I don't follow this logic. Unless you mean you didn't go outdoors much due to a large number of black flies flying around.

During black fly season I smoke a cigar frequently while playing to keep them away and after they go away, usually about 3-4 weeks, I don't think about smoking cigars on the course. Smoking meats on the grill requires extended attention to the grill and sometimes I will sit outside with a drink and puff a stogie. I am lazy typing on my phone so sometimes my posts are a little disconnected.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ah! I see. Thanks for the clarification. I too enjoy a stogie when I am grilling. Nothing like a cold one and a good stogie.

Don

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ap-sources-us-cuba-seek-to-normalize-relations/ar-BBgUJV0

Looks like we might be able to get Cuban cigars legally again in the near future..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Years ago on vacation in the DR, i bought a hand rolled cigar from the shop at the resort. I paid like $14 or something wacked for this thing. It was sooo strong and made the tip of my tonge tingle. I actually had to vomit about an hour after i was done. The taste did not leave my mouth for like 48hours! And i brushed and gargled and ate everything to try and remove the harshness. Today, i dont really smoke. Maybe once a quarter ill have a very mild one with my buddy on the course. Pain in the tuckass carrying a cigar and my other golf stuff at the same time.

Matt - "I am very happy to be here!"

• 4 months later...

If you prefer good tasting/smelling cigars that aren't too strong... Def check out the H. Upmann Original

Upmann is really good.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My favorite cigar is a Gurka beauty.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My favorite cigar is a Gurka beauty.

Have only tried the 125th Anniversary, but after that, I'm very interested in trying more from the Gurkha lines. Will make the Beauty next! My brother gave me a Comacho Connecticut not too long ago, really enjoyed it, if anyone is interested.

[URL=http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ap-sources-us-cuba-seek-to-normalize-relations/ar-BBgUJV0]http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ap-sources-us-cuba-seek-to-normalize-relations/ar-BBgUJV0[/URL] Looks like we might be able to get Cuban cigars legally again in the near future..

Why wait? They're good, but a bit of a novelty. There are a lot of non-Cuban cigars that are just as good, or better.

Why wait?

They're good, but a bit of a novelty. There are a lot of non-Cuban cigars that are just as good, or better.

Agree 100%.  Not that Cubans aren't good cigars, but I don't see anything magical about them - I've had equally good (or better) cigars from elsewhere.  A friend of mine gets Cubans and I've tried several different brands - none of them made me hear angels singing or anything compared to a Dominican or whatever.

Another vote for H. Upmann, good sticks.  Some of the Rocky Patels actually aren't bad either.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

I stopped smoking the really good ones on the course, too many things can happen to ruin them, including the inevitable re-lights.

So I go to a local roller, they only sell their stuff out of the store front, really great cigars for $5-8 each, so fresh, quality leaves, but no brand so no taxes, as good as brands twice the price.

And every golfer that smokes should get the Cigar Compadre, clips to your bag and has a slim cup, so much better than the clip style holders that crush the stogie.

Have only tried the 125th Anniversary, but after that, I'm very interested in trying more from the Gurkha lines. Will make the Beauty next!

My brother gave me a Comacho Connecticut not too long ago, really enjoyed it, if anyone is interested.

The Comacho Connecticut is very good as well.  My normal cigars are the Oliva Nubs or the PG Reserva Exclusiva (Local hand roller in McLean VA)

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!