IGNORED

2014 NHL Playoffs

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
All I know is that Fleury was partly responsible for the last two goals of the game last night. He made a terrible play for the game-tying goal and the OT winner should have never gone in. I don't care if you make 70 saves, just don't give up weak goals when it matters.

No disagreement here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was basing my assessment on overall career, not just this series. He's benefited from playing behind one of the best offences in the league.

Fleury is a tremendously talented athlete, which has actually been to his detriment, at times. Because he moves laterally so well and recovers quickly, he can afford to be more aggressive, which he tends to be. Doesn't always work out well, but he is also capable of making saves a lot of other people can't. I don't watch him all season, but I've seen him enough over the years that this is what I've observed. He's an above average goalie, but I don't consider him in the top of the league.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

He's an above average goalie, but I don't consider him in the top of the league.

Agreed, well put. That's all I was saying.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Well how about them Wild! Big win to even up the series. If you guys haven't heard of Mikael Granlund you better check him out. He has really blossomed after a great performance for Finland in Sochi. Scored the game winner in game 3 and made about three key blocked shots without a stick in the final minute when the Avs were on the PP. Ohh and he is only 22 I think.

Well how about them Wild! Big win to even up the series. If you guys haven't heard of Mikael Granlund you better check him out. He has really blossomed after a great performance for Finland in Sochi. Scored the game winner in game 3 and made about three key blocked shots without a stick in the final minute when the Avs were on the PP. Ohh and he is only 22 I think.

Heck yea! That was a great game. I got really nervous when the hooking call came with 2 mins left, but man did Granlund step up!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

And just like that, St.louis is eliminated. They remind me of the Sharks in that they can be dominant during the regular season but can't seem to go all the way in the playoffs.

Corey

Come on Pens... Can't blow a 4-0 lead.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

• Administrator

Ohio pro sports teams are cursed. That is all

That's not a curse. It's just not being as good as the other team.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's not a curse. It's just not being as good as the other team.

Because they're cursed. It was almost one of the greatest comebacks of all time though.

- Shane

• Administrator
Because they're cursed.

????? I guess keep telling yourself that if you want. They were the 7 seed. They won roughly the number of games you'd expect a 7 to win against a 2.

????? I guess keep telling yourself that if you want.

They were the 7 seed. They won roughly the number of games you'd expect a 7 to win against a 2.

I actually didn't have much hope for CBJ. It would have been nice to see them advance, but I was happy they made the playoffs. Ohio sports teams just seem to have trouble sealing the deal lately. It's disappointing. :sigh:

- Shane

????? I guess keep telling yourself that if you want.

They were the 7 seed. They won roughly the number of games you'd expect a 7 to win against a 2.

Erik does hockey have a significant home court advantage? I know that its really tough to win games on the road in NBA. Football is kinda marginal I think. Just curious what Hockey is like.

Not really a hockey fan, I am glad that they were in close games. 4-3 nearly every game is better than getting embarrassed and bounced to 4 straight losses. Maybe I should start watching more Hockey from now on. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
Erik does hockey have a significant home court advantage? I know that its really tough to win games on the road in NBA. Football is kinda marginal I think. Just curious what Hockey is like.

Yes. Read the book Scorecasting. Every sport does. It comes down to the referees.

Yes. Read the book Scorecasting. Every sport does. It comes down to the referees.

In the western conference alone home teams were 15-1 to start these playoffs. Like a wise man once said,"The series doesn't start till the road team wins." Great action once again last night. PIT/CBJ came down to wire again, Minny beats COL to force game 7, and LA has come back from a 3-0 hole to send SJ to a game 7. I love playoff hockey.

Not really a hockey fan, I am glad that they were in close games. 4-3 nearly every game is better than getting embarrassed and bounced to 4 straight losses. Maybe I should start watching more Hockey from now on.

Home ice also gives you the advantage of last line change so you have more control over the match ups.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Home ice also gives you the advantage of last line change so you have more control over the match ups.

And an advantage for faceoffs. The away team has to put their stick on the ice before the home team.

Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!