IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, newtogolf said:

Good question, maybe they don't want to be called a "quitter"?

Good point, that could very well be the reason.  I've just always wondered and kind of chuckle to myself when they say it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I'm shocked Bloomberg hasn't entered the fray yet as it's pretty clear Hillary is losing steam and her mismanagement of Benghazi and her e-mail server is catching up with her.

What makes you think those would hurt her in a Democratic primary?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

7 minutes ago, jamo said:

What makes you think those would hurt her in a Democratic primary?

I would think some would see pushing her through as the Democratic nominee a bit risky as she may be held accountable for having classified documents on her private e-mail server.

I know most Democrats consider this a witch hunt by the right, but General Patraeus had to make a plea deal for his mishandling of classified documents.  

Joe Paradiso

13 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I would think some would see pushing her through as the Democratic nominee a bit risky as she may be held accountable for having classified documents on her private e-mail server.

I know most Democrats consider this a witch hunt by the right, but General Patraeus had to make a plea deal for his mishandling of classified documents.  

Democrats never get in trouble for things like that.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Democrats never get in trouble for things like that.

A few Republicans had that issue, it was not publicized, and was not the volume of Hillary. It appears that all of these incidents revolve around the classification of the emails as sometimes they are reclassified as more than what they really are ... Still, she should have apologized long ago and gotten it behind her. She is a policy wonk, not much of a baby kisser.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

This is a good point .... If people actually did think that far ahead with their voting. But they don't.  I can't imagine that there are very many Hillary supporters thinking to themselves that they need to vote instead for Bernie because he wouldn't be hurt by the Bhenghazi and email stuff in the general election.

Those who like Hillary, like @jamo pointed out, are going to brush that aside and vote for her without regard to how it might hurt the democrats in November. Just like those who like Cruz ignore the fact that his November chances are slim to none and still vote for him.  They might be better off thinking ahead and asking themselves if a vote for Cruz is really a vote for Hillary or Bernie.

Funny or Die just released a 50 minute mockumentary of Donald Trump starring Johnny Depp as Mr. Trump!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ad38087bac/donald-trump-art-of-the-deal-movie?_cc=__d___&_ccid=55f8efdd3850e40b

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

3 minutes ago, No Gimmie said:

Like him or not, can't take away his success.  We need a change!!!!!  No matter who you vote for, please vote.

I absolutely hate this comment. Sorry to say. No offense to you. 

I don't get people who can blindly accept someone who is a pathological liar and an egotistical douchebag just because he happens to be manipulative enough to spout the words that have enough emotional strength to allow people to blindly vote for him. 

He's the guy who leads the witch trials because he knows the citizens of the village will follow based on illogical fear and don't have enough sense to think for themselves. All he is doing is herding sheep to the voting booths. 

Given that is any politician really. It's really absurd how many GOP followers actually vote for this guy. Just how radical and F'd up did the GOP get the past 15 years. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

31 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I absolutely hate this comment. Sorry to say. No offense to you.

I don't get people who can blindly accept someone who is a pathological liar and an egotistical douchebag just because he happens to be manipulative enough to spout the words that have enough emotional strength to allow people to blindly vote for him.

He's the guy who leads the witch trials because he knows the citizens of the village will follow based on illogical fear and don't have enough sense to think for themselves. All he is doing is herding sheep to the voting booths.

Given that is any politician really. It's really absurd how many GOP followers actually vote for this guy. Just how radical and F'd up did the GOP get the past 15 years.

Isn't Bernie doing the same thing?  He's leading a witch hunt against big business and the wealthy.  Do you really believe he's going to pass a 90% income tax on the wealthy, outlaw guns, provide better free healthcare, increase the minimum wage to $15+ country wide and provide free college to everyone?

They are both snake oil sales people appealing to the lowest common denominators of their parties.  Bernie may be more sincere about his beliefs, but that could just mean he's crazier too.

Joe Paradiso

13 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Isn't Bernie doing the same thing?  He's leading a witch hunt against big business and the wealthy.  Do you really believe he's going to pass a 90% income tax on the wealthy, outlaw guns, provide better free healthcare, increase the minimum wage to $15+ country wide and provide free college to everyone?

They are both snake oil sales people appealing to the lowest common denominators of their parties.  Bernie may be more sincere about his beliefs, but that could just mean he's crazier too.

Notice this comment ;) 

48 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Given that is any politician really. 

Yea but he's been doing that since he's been in office. At least he hasn't wavered away from his agenda for how ever long he's been in office. He's not going to pass it. He's going to try. 

Trump doesn't have an agenda except to his own ego. He doesn't care about America. He doesn't care about the American people. He's uses to screwing as many people over as possible. Heck, why not add Washington to the list. 

For me I think Trump just sat back and thought, "you know what I can win the presidency." Then he's going about doing it. It's all about vanity nothing else. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't pretend to understand Trump or what motivates him but I'm not convinced he's going through all this effort for his own ego or vanity.  Many people do not like the job Obama or Congress has done these last seven years.  If I had Trumps money and fame I'd run for POTUS just to make sure Hillary or Jeb didn't win. 

Sometimes you play the role the public casts you in because it's easier than going against the grain.  Sylvester Stallone was never going to be a Shakespearean actor, so he mostly stuck with action roles where muscles and bullets were more important than the dialog.

Trump, mostly thanks to The Apprentice, plays the role of a rich, egotistical ass who sits in his big chair in the boardroom and says whatever he feels like saying, because he can.  I don't believe that's how he acts when he's negotiating real estate deals or representative of how he treats his employees.  He's carried that persona into politics because it made him popular on television.

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

..appealing to the lowest common denominators of their parties.

Come on now, that's a bit uncalled for in Bernies case.  His political ideals might be way left, but he is at least honest and virtuous.

18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Questions going forward. Can Trump get people to vote who normally have a lower voting turnout? Can, his lying BS train continue or will it derail? Can trump expand his voting base as other candidates drop out because those votes will have to consolidate somewhere?

Only if he can lie as well as all the career politicians. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Bernie says the system is rigged - stats since the 1980's prove that a great amount of wealth has shifted towards a very small percentage of people. Does that not concern you? 

Walmart employs people with such small wages that their people are on welfare, so the argument goes that Walmart is a huge beneficiary of living off the government tit.

As to Bernie's war against financial institutions, can you doubt that Wall St helped out the 2007 Depression? Completely irresponsible behavior based on greed. Hedge fund managers get capital gains rate on their compensation? Ridiculous.

How many people do you know make over $10M on ordinary income? That is where he proposes a 52% tax that become 73% when one adds SS and Single Payer taxes, and then you have the state income tax, so it would get high. And it is too high, but he would not get that through Congress unless we truly had a revolution and all the Dems came out to vote for the revolution. If all Dems vote, Pubs lose except in areas so gerryrmandered that the one party it favors will always win.

Bernie on guns? He won't take away guns, it's not in his record.

Bernie is not snake oil -- Bernie and Trump are here because of the last 30 years of growing inequity, political correctness and divisiveness. If we do not address it with traditional politics, then eventually people will wake up and vote their interests, which would be Sanders  or a similar politician. It is time for change, the last 30 years have been tough on all levels of the lower and middle classes while the upper class have the "let them eat cake" attitude. That only takes one so far before people vote for big change.

I asked a 20 something the other night who she likes, Trump, Cruz, Sanders, Clinton - I said Clinton would work with the other side, Bernie wants a pipedream - she said "I want Bernie." I just said if you want Bernie, you better get out the vote because it will take a lot of young people to do it.

Before I am "labeled" again, I don't think any candidates in either party are to my liking. But I think we do need incremental change ... now to reverse some of the last 30 years and renew the American Dream -- it should be for all, not 1%.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!