IGNORED

Whats the strangest thing you have ever seen on a golf course?

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Probably not strange for people who play in my neck of the woods but I enjoyed watching three deer grazing in front of our final green this past Saturday.
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Probably not strange for people who play in my neck of the woods but I enjoyed watching three deer grazing in front of our final green this past Saturday.

Thats pretty cool. A lot of us playing munis in the city probably dont see that much.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw one of these on the golf course I play. Drove it right on to the practice green and practiced putting. Only saw it one time.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

On our league course we see deer and sand cranes frequently.  Last week we had one crane flair its wings to protest our presence.     Pretty cool.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Saw one of these one day too. Don't know if it was poisonous, and I didn't ask. We said "Good, Good" on that hole. :-) PS, this is a stock picture.

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Saw what at first appeared to be - at a distance - a tree branch.  Upon closer inspection, it was a part of the front leg of a deer.  Apparently a mountain lion had feasted on a dear near one of the greens the night before.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Came out one morning, we were the first people on the course that day, and we saw something really strange on the 7th green. The course was really deep inside of a neighborhood, and a really nice neighborhood which made this even more bizarre to see. Somebody had taken one of those giant horse stuffed animals -- like the 5 foot long ones -- and set it on fire on the green. There was a nice giant scorched spot, and all that was left was its tail, nose, bits of fluff in the middle, and it's googly eyes just laying where the head was staring up . . . it was actually a pretty creepy sight. I three-putted.

• Upvote 1

Saw a guy rifling through range bags looking for golf ball gold.

Then there was this stocky guy, who would swing and fart, swing and fart, swing and fart.

It was almost a ballet.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Also that same day we got paired up with a guy that actually bounces his club off of his butt he swings so far back on his bs. It had to "bounce" really hard for him to start the downswing like a pinball.

I saw stars in the clouds for like 5 minutes once. Top Flite on the top of the head from about 200 yards out.
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW

Hmmm. Now that I think about it That kind of explains the last two decades a bit.
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW

Started mid June playing...

So far

-  I was on the chipping/practice green finishing up.  One of the local dogs that takes care of critter management walked up on to the green and started pissing.  When it was done it went down to one of the bunkers and rolled around.  After that, it went back to the clubhouse porch and fell back asleep.

:tmade: SLDR 10.5 Driver, SLDR 3 Wood,3H & 5H,RBZ Iron's 4-PW

:vokey: 54°F-Grind 14°bounce &  58°K-grind 11° bounce
:scotty_cameron: Newport 2.5

Hmmm. Now that I think about it That kind of explains the last two decades a bit.

ahhh, a stroke. .. that explains your lack of logic in the ball thread.

Good luck with your recovery.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

ahhh, a stroke. .. that explains your lack of logic in the ball thread. Good luck with your recovery.

Lol thanks. I just made my final post there since many don't understand. Not going to beat a dead horse. If maybe others ranged at the more upscale places that I have they might have the same perspective as me. Life experiences shape us all.

4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW

Once upon a time, I saw a guy on the driving range at our private club. He found a brand new white ProV among the yellow-striped range balls.

He slipped it into his bag . . . and nobody cared.

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!