or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Luke Donald is Switching Irons And Swing Coaches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luke Donald is Switching Irons And Swing Coaches

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

From twitter:

 

 

Been testing @Golf_Mizuno newest irons the MP64's and I like them so much am putting them in the bag this week#nothingfeelslikeaMizuno

 

 

 

When will mp64 come out in stores?

post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrino View Post

From twitter:

 

 

Been testing  newest irons the MP64's and I like them so much am putting them in the bag this week

 

 

 

When will mp64 come out in stores?

 

Not soon enough. The 59s do nothing for me.

post #3 of 27

Early september is the date I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrino View Post

From twitter:

 

 

Been testing  newest irons the MP64's and I like them so much am putting them in the bag this week

 

 

 

When will mp64 come out in stores?

post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post

Not soon enough. The 59s do nothing for me.
A friend of mine who is a real Mizuno ho had a set for about 3 weeks. He hated them and sold them at a huge loss. They look and feel horrible.
post #5 of 27
From Mizuno's Facebook page:





post #6 of 27

I've been wondering this for awhile ... is there any rhyme or reason to Mizuno's club names?  (i.e., MP-58, MP-64, Mp-69, etc)

post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I've been wondering this for awhile ... is there any rhyme or reason to Mizuno's club names?  (i.e., MP-58, MP-64, Mp-69, etc)

For the last few years the number in the 50s has been the more game-improvement of the set.
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post


A friend of mine who is a real Mizuno ho had a set for about 3 weeks. He hated them and sold them at a huge loss. They look and feel horrible.

LOL.

post #9 of 27

Not surprising considering his iron play stats are down this year.  The feel of the 59s is certainly different because of that titanium insert. 

post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post

Not surprising considering his iron play stats are down this year.  The feel of the 59s is certainly different because of that titanium insert. 

The "multi material" experiment failed. I don't know why Mizuno jumped on that bandwagon. The MP64s look magnificent.

post #11 of 27

The MP-64's look really nice, I'm guessing they won't have a lefty version d1_bigcry.gif

post #12 of 27

Couple more pics from the FB page

 

 

 

 

post #13 of 27

Those look great, except for the shiny chrome.

 

No wonder Luke put them in his bag right away - his season needs a change.

post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Those look great, except for the shiny chrome.

 

No wonder Luke put them in his bag right away - his season needs a change.

 

Yeah I'm surprised they haven't come out with one satin chrome MP iron in the last few years, that would be awesome.

post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

The "multi material" experiment failed. I don't know why Mizuno jumped on that bandwagon. The MP64s look magnificent.


Im OK with them trying and failing.  IMO, if youre someone who likes the looks of blades but needs something that is a little more forgiving, the 59s are great irons.  I do believe though that it compromises the feel to a certain extent and if you need very precise distances from your irons, they may not be the best thing in the world.

post #16 of 27

I thought Luke played the 63s. And the place I work at has the 64s and H4 club heads for hitting. We also got some project X graphite shafts and 2 C-Taper shafts. The 64 head with the C-Taper shaft was awesome!

post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post

I thought Luke played the 63s. And the place I work at has the 64s and H4 club heads for hitting. We also got some project X graphite shafts and 2 C-Taper shafts. The 64 head with the C-Taper shaft was awesome!

 

He has recently been playing the MP-59's.  He did use the 63's for a while.  MP-64's probably feel a lot similar to his 63's.

post #18 of 27
lol @ horrible. the 59s are probably the most positivly reviewed irons in recent history.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Luke Donald is Switching Irons And Swing Coaches