I am an avid golfer who is not averse to a challenge. I have set myself a big one here as i am going to do anything in my power to improve my standing in the game.
Here is the problem! My age is not affording me much scope to hit my challenges - I am 38. I do however have a couple of plus points, i have always excelled at sport, i will practice the required amount of time, i have a nice swing (much better than my current handicap) etc etc.
I want very much to get down to the + figures and have a crack at qualifying school (not to be the worlds greatest golfer or earn millions) its just an ambition of mine to say i have tried and done well in my attempts.
My current handicap is 12 and my faults are not good i will list them here so you have an idea of my challenges!
- I am not the biggest driver (Sunday best around 290y).
- I don't hit the fairways too regularly at the moment.
- I'm Old
- I have poor course management.
- I am not a good putter in comparison to my mates who play off 1 and 3
- I am ultra ultra competitive.
- I don't practice enough at present (around 100 balls a day when motivated).
Can some people who are not just going to flame and take the mick give me some real advice on how to get started and if anyone who is a very good golfer wants to let me know some of their exercise routines to build up golfing stamina and twitch muscles i would be eternally grateful.
PS this is not "i am going to be a pro, i am the best. i am better than all you" it is a genuine and attainable target which i require to achieve.