or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › One-Day CONTEST - Predict @David in FL's Score
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One-Day CONTEST - Predict @David in FL's Score

post #1 of 60
Thread Starter 

I'm bored and wish it was tomorrow, because I'm golfing tomorrow and well, I'm not today.

 

I'm a BIG believer in karma, fate, and the vicious retribution that the golf gods reserve for those that show the slightest degree of arrogance in this game.  So let's tempt fate and see what happens......

 

I've struggled this year.  My index is up 2 full points and my overall scoring average a bit more than that.  I've played like a goober for most of the year and have been up in the attic a couple of times looking for my old tennis equipment.  BUT......over the last couple of weeks, I've come alive.  Interestingly, it's coincided with my decision to sign up for a local Senior County Open tournament.  My last 5 rounds, in order, have been 75, 76,75, 80, 75.  Probably the best 5-round run that I've had in 5 years.  I feel confident that I can keep it up.

 

Good grief, did I really just say THAT?!  :bugout:

 

Now, here's the question.......having committed this egregious act of arrogance, what do I shoot tomorrow?  I'm playing my home course where, of those last 5 rounds, I shot a 75, 76, and the 80.  About 6600 yards, par 72,  71.1 / 121. My current 20 round scoring average is 80.6 with a low of 75 and a high of, ahem.... 87. 

 

To enter, answer the following questions about my round tomorrow.

 

1.  My total score

2.  # of birdies (or better)

3.  # bogies

4.  # doubles (or worse)

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

 

Contest scoring:

 

Correct total score is worth 2 points, and the others are worth one point each.  Winner has the most points.  Tie Breaker is correct total score.  Second Tie Breaker is first correct total score entered.  Final Tie Breaker is first entered highest total points.

 

Winner gets this 14k gold-plated penny.  Makes for an interesting and unique ball mark.

 

 

 

All entries must be posted no later than my tee time tomorrow.  10:16 EDT. 

 

Alright guys......how badly am I going to get beat down.......or, is it just possible that I've "figured it out"?   :w00t: 

 

 

 

edited to add that the course is par 72.


Edited by David in FL - 8/28/14 at 11:09am
post #2 of 60

I'm going to assume par is 72 with that rating/slope/yardage.

 

1.  Your total score

- 83

 

2.  # of birdies (or better)

- 2

 

3.  # bogeys

- 9

 

4.  # doubles (or worse)

- 2

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

You lose 5 & 3

 


 

Should I win, I don't want the penny, but I do want to see you update your My Swing thread with some good, recent videos.

post #3 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

I'm going to assume par is 72 with that rating/slope/yardage.

 

1.  Your total score

- 83

 

2.  # of birdies (or better)

- 2

 

3.  # bogeys

- 9

 

4.  # doubles (or worse)

- 2

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

You lose 5 & 3

 


 

Should I win, I don't want the penny, but I do want to see you update your My Swing thread with some good, recent videos.

 

Yep, par 72.

 

OUCH.  You too, obviously believe in the bad karma that comes from overt arrogance in this game!  ;-) 

 

Agree to your alternate "prize". 

post #4 of 60

I'm going to assume par is 72 with that rating/slope/yardage.

 

1.  Your total score : 80

 

2.  # of birdies (or better) : 1

 

3.  # bogeys : 7

 

4.  # doubles (or worse) : 1

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

You lose 4 & 3

 

post #5 of 60

1.  My total score

               79

2.  # of birdies (or better)

               2

3.  # bogies

               7

4.  # doubles (or worse)

               1

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

               lose on 18, so 1 down

 

good luck!

post #6 of 60
1. Your total score
- 79

2. # of birdies (or better)
- 1

3. # bogeys
- 6

4. # doubles (or worse)
- 2

5. Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)
You lose 1 down


If I win I'd like that penny donated to ALS research so I can claim I've done the donation part of the ice bucket challenge.
post #7 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

1. Your total score
- 79

2. # of birdies (or better)
- 1

3. # bogeys
- 6

4. # doubles (or worse)
- 2

5. Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)
You lose 1 down

If I win I'd like that penny donated to ALS research so I can claim I've done the donation part of the ice bucket challenge.

 

Sorry, you're not getting off that easy.  ;-)

post #8 of 60

Tiger Woods -15

Rory McIlroy -15

Adam Scott -15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't read all of the instructions, but figured they probably weren't necessary.;-)

post #9 of 60

1.  My total score

-77

 

2.  # of birdies (or better)

-2

 

3.  # bogies

-5

 

4.  # doubles (or worse)

-1

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

-Win 2 up

 

I have faith in you. ;-)

post #10 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

1. Your total score
- 79

2. # of birdies (or better)
- 1

3. # bogeys
- 6

4. # doubles (or worse)
- 2

5. Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)
You lose 1 down

If I win I'd like that penny donated to ALS research so I can claim I've done the donation part of the ice bucket challenge.

 

Are you expecting an albatross from him? Otherwise your math doesn't add up lol

post #11 of 60

Even though I probably officially DQ'd myself by posting twice (I will not accept the penalty and if you try to give me one, I'll WD), here's my real answers ...

 

1. My total score - 81

2. # of birdies (or better) - 1

3. # bogies - 6

4. # doubles (or worse) - 2

5. Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes) - He's gonna choke and you'll win 2 and 1

post #12 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

 

Are you expecting an albatross from him? Otherwise your math doesn't add up lol

An albatross isn't even enough.  What's the word for "triple eagle???"

 

EDIT:  Sorry, you were right.  6 bogies plus 2 doubles equals +10.  Albatross is -3, 7 over = 79.

 

Ummm .... nevermind. :-P

post #13 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Are you expecting an albatross from him? Otherwise your math doesn't add up lol

Bring home a double eagle @David in FL! I believe in you!!!

(Right as I was posting mine I saw that @imsys0042 also went with 79 so I changed some things. Should've double checked my math. d2_doh.gif)
post #14 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Even though I probably officially DQ'd myself by posting twice (I will not accept the penalty and if you try to give me one, I'll WD), here's my real answers ...

 

1. My total score - 81

2. # of birdies (or better) - 1

3. # bogies - 6

4. # doubles (or worse) - 2

5. Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes) - He's gonna choke and you'll win 2 and 1

 

Nah, you're good.  You may even get extra credit for the first post!  :beer:

post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Nah, you're good.  You may even get extra credit for the first post!  :beer:

Forgot the important part ...

 

Good luck!!!!!!!!!:dance:

post #16 of 60
Your Total Score-109
# of Birdies-0
# of Bogeys-9
# of Doubles(or worse)-7
Final Match Play Results-Lose 5& 4
......





a2_wink.gif
post #17 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
 

1.  My total score

-77

 

2.  # of birdies (or better)

-2

 

3.  # bogies

-5

 

4.  # doubles (or worse)

-1

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)

-Win 2 up

 

I have faith in you. ;-)

 

I like your attitude!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Your Total Score-109
# of Birdies-0
# of Bogeys-9
# of Doubles(or worse)-7
Final Match Play Results-Lose 5& 4
......





a2_wink.gif

 

Not completely out of the realm of possibility!  I got skilz.......  

post #18 of 60

1.  My total score - 78

 

2.  # of birdies (or better) - 1

 

3.  # bogies - 5

 

4.  # doubles (or worse) - 1

 

5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)  2&1 you lose.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › One-Day CONTEST - Predict @David in FL's Score