IGNORED

Dustin Johnson Spitting

joneal
Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why does Dustin Johnson continue spitting on the golf course?  He represents the Unites States, and he hardly presents the most positive image of our country.  Although I admire his game--his length off the tee and his accurate approach shots--I find it hard to support someone who is constantly spitting in public.  It gives a terrible image to our young golfers as well.  Dustin, can you change your ways, please? I'd like to root for you, but I just can't bring myself to do so right now.

• iacas changed the title to Dustin Johnson Spitting
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good grief.  The things that offend people these days...

...and the only person Dustin Johnson is representing is Dustin Johnson.

• Like 4

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Spitting on a golf course. I've done it, and I have seen it done many times by others. Even on TV. 

The only time I really ever thought about normal (?) spitting in the negative, was when that guy Sergio squatted down and purposely spit into the cup during a televised tournament. I thought that was pretty ignorant of him.

Now there is a problem I have with spitting and that is those "asshats" who spit sun flower seed shells all over the greens. I see someone doing that, and I will probably give them an ear full of WTFs.. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

16 hours ago, joneal said:

He represents the Unites States, and he hardly presents the most positive image of our country.  

Of all the things that non Americans see as images of your country, both positive and negative, DJ is a long way down the list. Assuming you are American, would you think that others think poorly of you because DJ is lacking in social graces?

It's a little spitting who cares. @joneal do yourself a favor, whatever you do, do not ever attend a Major League baseball game, you might lose your shit!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

8 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

It's a little spitting who cares. @joneal do yourself a favor, whatever you do, do not ever attend a Major League baseball game, you might lose your shit!

Hell, little league!

And do NOT follow a professional  bike race!  😱

• Like 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

13 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Are you still playing with the AVX?

They spit in all athletic events....you just don't see it as close up as you do in golf....ever watch a baseball game....spitting, adjustment of nuts,  whatever else....

On 6/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, Patch said:

Spitting on a golf course. I've done it, and I have seen it done many times by others. Even on TV. 

The only time I really ever thought about normal (?) spitting in the negative, was when that guy Sergio squatted down and purposely spit into the cup during a televised tournament. I thought that was pretty ignorant of him.

Now there is a problem I have with spitting and that is those "asshats" who spit sun flower seed shells all over the greens. I see someone doing that, and I will probably give them an ear full of WTFs.. 

I completely agree! Also, finding a well chewed stub of a cigar on a green is right up there! I get sinus issues on occasion, and will sometimes have to snuff one back, hork it up, and get rid of it! I will not spit on the green, fringe, or the tee box. I'll move off to the side and spit there.

Edited by Buckeyebowman

On 6/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, NM Golf said:

Last time I looked, this site was called The Sand Trap, not The Dugout.  Different game, different etiquette.   Chewing and spitting in baseball have long been part of the game, some may say part of its charm.  I have no problem with this practice in baseball.  Golf is a different game.  I never saw Arnie or Jack spit.  We choose our heroes, I suppose.  I prefer those who spit less on the golf course.  That's all.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, Patch said:

Agreed.  We all do it--spitting, that is--at one time or another (cold, allergies, whatever).  It's just about spitting all the time...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, joneal said:

Last time I looked, this site was called The Sand Trap, not The Dugout.  Different game, different etiquette.   Chewing and spitting in baseball have long been part of the game, some may say part of its charm.  I have no problem with this practice in baseball.  Golf is a different game.  I never saw Arnie or Jack spit.  We choose our heroes, I suppose.  I prefer those who spit less on the golf course.  That's all.

You sure as heck saw them smoking. That’s worse by far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Out of all the bodily fluids I've seen left on golf course, spit is pretty low on the list of my concerns.

Except for the guys that spit sunflower seeds on the green, special place in hell for them.

3 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

Wonder if the bash brothers put a little pinch between cheek and gum

Bigger problem with those guys is what they put into their other cheeks. ...

Can't say it ever registered with me when a pro golfer spits. TV broadcasts must not pick it up very much.

As long as it isn't at someone or on the green, spitting seems pretty insignificant to me. Several players I know chew tobacco. So spitting, for them, is par for the course.

Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!