IGNORED

Better Shoes for Walking 18?

Note: This thread is 1761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey yall,

I was curious if any of you have a suggestion for shoes when you walk 18.  I currently have the footjoy freestyle.  They are comfortable but after 14 holes today, my feet were killing me.  I am looking to get some better shoes.  I am looking at the footjoy flex that came out this year.  They are spikeless but there are hardly any reviews on them.  What do you wear when you walk? Now i carry my bag on my back and have lightened the bag to the bare essentials.  Thank you!!

53 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Ecco spikeless and a clicgear push cart.

Nike TW 13 or 14 (with or without spikes, weather dependent) and clicgear.  🙂 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk probably 3-5 rounds each week and absolutely love my new Adipower Sport Boost 3s. They are extremely comfortable, breathable for the afternoon rounds, and totally waterproof for the morning rounds in the dew.

• Like 1

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

15 hours ago, BC-to-MI said:

I walk probably 3-5 rounds each week and absolutely love my new Adipower Sport Boost 3s. They are extremely comfortable, breathable for the afternoon rounds, and totally waterproof for the morning rounds in the dew.

yes, i really like the adidas line.  I tried on the new tour 360 xt spikeless shoes at the store the other day.  really loved them.  i think any shoes with the boost in them will be very comfortable 

• iacas changed the title to Better Shoes for Walking 18?

I have both the Ecco shoes and just picked up a pair of Skechers GO GOLF Pro 4 Honors.  The Skechers are by far the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.  The Ecco's are a close second.  Another vote for ClicGear push cart.

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Those clicgear carts are heavy AF

Good thing you push them instead of carrying them. BY FAR the best push cart on the market.

Sketchers make very comfortable shoes. Also, I don't own a pair, but everyone I know rave about how comfortable TRUE Linkswear are. 

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I’ve used Ecco Biom in the past.  Recent versions don’t fit my feet as well. So I’ve gone back to Footjoy SuperLite Athletic golf shoes. 

(Add in another shameless clicgear promotion here, too. It’s outlasted my shoes, golf bag, driver, irons, wedges—everything except my putter and my 5wood.)

Edited by Missouri Swede
  • Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

18 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Good thing you push them instead of carrying them. BY FAR the best push cart on the market. 

I strongly disagree. I find them harder to push and harder to steer/change direction. I notice a significant difference with the lighter Sub Mountain, and weight makes a difference when pushing.

Colin P.

22 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I strongly disagree. I find them harder to push and harder to steer/change direction. I notice a significant difference with the lighter Sub Mountain, and weight makes a difference when pushing.

What kind of Nurburging Nordschleife golf course are you playing?

I concur with @NM Golf.

I prefer 3/4 top shoes in just about every out of doors thing I do. I like the ankle support. That being the case, I just wear a comfortable pair of walking shoes/boots (?) to walk my 3-4, 9/18 hole rounds per week, plus practices. 

I do own a pair of ancient Spaulding Golf specific shoes that are pretty comfortable, but I rarely use them. Just when I find a course that requires a golf specific shoe. 

Out here in the desert, most everyone I see on the courses (young & old) are wearing some sort of tennis shoe, with no spikes. Soft, or otherwise. 

I am also Clicgear owner. Those critters will out last the golfer. Mine is so old, it has pneumatic tires on it.  

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

14 hours ago, Patch said:

I prefer 3/4 top shoes in just about every out of doors thing I do. I like the ankle support.

Yes, I will often wear New Balance walking shoes. Light, great foot support and the lugs help keep me planted in the swing. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Note: This thread is 1761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!