IGNORED

NHL 2019-20

iacas
Note: This thread is 1267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Playoffs begin on Saturday, in case you were wondering.

We aren't quite that far off the grid. I knew that. 

Feeling something less than optimistic, but you never know. Just having a chance was something I didn't think the Habs would have when this first came down. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not particularly interested in what happens. It's the Stanley Cup Playoffs* to me, this year. Then you have that whole fiasco with one of the losing teams from the play-in is going to win the lottery for 1OA and the potential of a team with a winning record all season long losing on a fluke (because anything can happen in a short series) and getting that pick.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

Not particularly interested in what happens. It's the Stanley Cup Playoffs* to me, this year. Then you have that whole fiasco with one of the losing teams from the play-in is going to win the lottery for 1OA and the potential of a team with a winning record all season long losing on a fluke (because anything can happen in a short series) and getting that pick.

Pffffffffft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I'm just glad hockey is back, to be honest.

As for the draft, well, it's been messed up for a while now.  One more year of clusterf***ery won't ruin it for me.

Corey

Glad to see the Oilers bounce back from a putrid game one.

The team is doing an online 50/50 draw during the post season.  Game one the total pot was nearly 750K.  I bought $40 worth of tickets this morning, and have watched the pot grow from 100K to over 3.1 million.  Half of that would be awesome.  Hell, I'd settle for 5 or 10 percent!

Corey

Plans for this week include reading the next chapter of Keep Your Eye off the Puck and watching a game or two to apply what I've learned about how to watch hockey.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Pretty happy with the Penguins game 2. The PP looks a little bit lost at times, but I'm left wondering if that is a trend that we'll see from a lot of teams? I wouldn't be surprised if the average PP percentage is a bit lower than usual across the league.

Also, it's scary playing a goalie that is playing as well as Price.

Edited by Grizvok

19 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

Pretty happy with the Penguins game 2. The PP looks a little bit lost at times, but I'm left wondering if that is a trend that we'll see from a lot of teams? I wouldn't be surprised if the average PP percentage is a bit lower than usual across the league.

Also, it's scary playing a goalie that is playing as well as Price.

Definitely was an impressive effort by Carey. Felt like the Habs were killing penalties all night. It's the usual problem for Montreal, a total lack of top-end talent outside the goal crease. 

Glad to see the effort anyway. 

Got back home just in time to see the Jake Muzzin incident last night in the Leafs-CBJ game.

Looked like he was about to get up after colliding with Bjorkstrand, but the trainers told him to stay down and they strapped him up and carried him off. Hopefully, that was mostly an abundance of caution. 

Having no fans in the building is strange enough. While everyone was waiting there was no sound whatsoever. The CBJ broadcast team didn't say anything at all for a long stretch. Made the proverbial minutes of silence we often have for various reasons seeming deafening.

Certainly hope Muzzin is ok.

Got back late from work last night and still watched a game and a half of CBJ-TB.

Just hope Columbus doesn't start wondering if they'll ever score another goal. 

Lightning notch game winner in bottom of 8th!

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Is it normal for hockey to be on this early?  I put on the TV as I sit down to work on something and hockey's on.  Cool, I'll see if I can notice some things then I'll re-read a chapter from Keep Your Eye off the Puck to try to integrate it better. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Is it normal for hockey to be on this early?  I put on the TV as I sit down to work on something and hockey's on.  Cool, I'll see if I can notice some things then I'll re-read a chapter from Keep Your Eye off the Puck to try to integrate it better. 

Its not normal, but this year they're playing all of the games in just two arenas, one in Toronto, one in Edmonton, two big COVID bubbles.  So in order to get all of the games in, they have to start early and run them one after the other.  Today there are two more games in Toronto AFTER the one you're watching now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Is it normal for hockey to be on this early?

What @DaveP043 said and you can also thank the CBJ-Tampa, five overtime game last night for that Bruins game being on so early. That was supposed to have been played at 8 last night but clearly the Blue Jackets and Lightning didn't want to give up the ice.

Not a lot normal going on with sports, but I'm happy something is going on.

23 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Its not normal, but this year they're playing all of the games in just two arenas, one in Toronto, one in Edmonton, two big COVID bubbles.  So in order to get all of the games in, they have to start early and run them one after the other.  Today there are two more games in Toronto AFTER the one you're watching now.

Aha!  Nice.  Well, I'm glad that I can just tune in, might get to learn hockey.

18 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

What @DaveP043 said and you can also thank the CBJ-Tampa, five overtime game last night for that Bruins game being on so early. That was supposed to have been played at 8 last night but clearly the Blue Jackets and Lightning didn't want to give up the ice.

Not a lot normal going on with sports, but I'm happy something is going on.

Yeah, really.  I meant to get into hockey, several times, and I enjoy it when I sit to watch a game.  I was given some hockey books for my birthday in June 2019, and I meant to read and follow a bit in the 2019-20 season, but my limited sports-watching time was for golf and football, and both were running up until the shutdown.  😕  

I think this morning was my first time watching a game with an idea of what it meant for something to be a first line.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, really.  I meant to get into hockey, several times, and I enjoy it when I sit to watch a game.  I was given some hockey books for my birthday in June 2019, and I meant to read and follow a bit in the 2019-20 season, but my limited sports-watching time was for golf and football, and both were running up until the shutdown.  😕  

I think this morning was my first time watching a game with an idea of what it meant for something to be a first line.

Hope you enjoy it. Don't worry, we won't give you a pop quiz afterward.

Really, hockey is a pretty straightforward game once you get the basic icing and offside rules figured out. The rest of it is sort of self-explanatory even if certain referees calling of penalties isn't. Probably a lot simpler game than football for example.

Also understand that TV does the sport no justice. If you got the time and money, hit up a game when the virus gets under control. Along with the NHL's Kings and Ducks, there are a number of minor league teams in California. Seeing it in person is a different experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!