IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tio, not Hector.

Nevermind...one in the same I guess?

Yes.

Eh. Ok I can see that. Kind of being the "orchestrator" of it having the cousins do the bidding.

I liked the cousins kind of. but I felt like there was a little too much of a supernatural vibe to them. like they were ghosts or possessed or something

Hector "Tio" Salamanca

One thing I find amusing is that we refer to them as the "cousins" even though the only person whom they are cousins with is dead (Tuco) when they first appear.  I feel like their title should be "the brothers" or "the nephews." ;)

Of course, its as a direct result of that death that we meet them, so I guess in that sense "cousins" makes sense.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes. One thing I find amusing is that we refer to them as the "cousins" even though the only person whom they are cousins with is dead (Tuco) when they first appear.  I feel like their title should be "the brothers" or "the nephews." ;) Of course, its as a direct result of that death that we meet them, so I guess in that sense "cousins" makes sense.

I think Sepinwall mentioned back when he was doing season 2 recaps that the scripts referred to them as "The Cousins," so that's what he goes with. I've read people call them "The Twins" or "The Brothers" as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I'm not sure about the Saul comment... Saul's character was written by Peter Guold.  So while Bob Odenkirk is the actor of Saul... It really wasn't his call on who Saul was based on.  Did Peter base Saul on Ari Emanuel??  I guess I'm confused.

Actors need inspiration right?  According to Bob Odenkirk, that was part of his inspiration. ...

Quote:
In his August 2013 Terry Gross interview, Bob Odenkirk said that he based his character Saul Goodman partly on the Hollywood agents Robert Evans and Ari Emmanuel. Emanuel, who was also the inspiration for the character played by Jeremy Piven in the TV series Entourage and a different Odenkirk character, Stevie Grant on The Larry Sanders Show , is Odenkirk's actual agent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

Yeah Jesse dying would've been a bad move back in season 1.  The understatement of the century for anyone who likes Breaking Bad.  Great call by the writers to extend his life cycle in the show.

Completely disagree with this on the premise that you have absolutely no idea if this is true or not.  I love, love, love this show.  (I've said several times over the last weeks that it's the best show I've ever watched)  But who's to say that it wouldn't have been even better had they gone in a different direction?  There is 0% chance of knowing that.

It's like when we read things like they almost went with Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones instead of Harrison Ford.  Our first reaction, which is very easy to come to, is "Thank god!  That would've sucked!"  But it's an absolutely false reaction because we can't possibly know that.  (And the fact that we always come to that conclusion kind of proves the point.)

Our view of that character, or of that show, is framed, at least partially, by the actors playing those characters.  Likewise, our views of those actors are partially framed by the characters they play.  We would be living in a different world had things panned out in a different way.

If Jesse died at the beginning, and they molded Skinny Pete or Badger or Combo or, heck, even Tuco into a partner for Walt and gone a different direction, its entirely possible, and frankly, quite likely, that 6 years later I would tell you that they had originally planned to kill him instead and keep Jesse, and your reaction would be EXACTLY the same.

I remember how I was a little worried about how the show could continue to be good after the Hank / Cousins incident. With Tuco being killed off (who was another great antagonist)... And the Cousins being dead/hospitalized...  I really didn't think the show could possibly get any better... Boy, was I wrong! :beer:

GUS!!!!!!

MIKE!!!!!!!

TODDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!

Damn, what a great show.

Completely disagree with this on the premise that you have absolutely no idea if this is true or not.  I love, love, love this show.  (I've said several times over the last weeks that it's the best show I've ever watched)  But who's to say that it wouldn't have been even better had they gone in a different direction?  There is 0% chance of knowing that.

It's like when we read things like they almost went with Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones instead of Harrison Ford.  Our first reaction, which is very easy to come to, is "Thank god!  That would've sucked!"  But it's an absolutely false reaction because we can't possibly know that.  (And the fact that we always come to that conclusion kind of proves the point.)

Our view of that character, or of that show, is framed, at least partially, by the actors playing those characters.  Likewise, our views of those actors are partially framed by the characters they play.  We would be living in a different world had things panned out in a different way.

If Jesse died at the beginning, and they molded Skinny Pete or Badger or Combo or, heck, even Tuco into a partner for Walt and gone a different direction, its entirely possible, and frankly, quite likely, that 6 years later I would tell you that they had originally planned to kill him instead and keep Jesse, and your reaction would be EXACTLY the same.

Ok.  I refuse to get into a douchebag laden debate on logic, or probability and chance if they did this, or did that.  No one is going to win.  So I'll just end that right now.  For me , Jesse has played an amazing role... Such that I can't imagine him being killed off at such an early stage (season 1).

See how I did that Cheesey??  No more debate for you... :smartass:

Ok.  I refuse to get into a douchebag laden debate on logic, or probability and chance if they did this, or did that.  No one is going to win.  So I'll just end that right now.  For me, Jesse has played an amazing role... Such that I can't imagine him being killed off at such an early stage (season 1).

See how I did that Cheesey??  No more debate for you...

All I see is that I was called a douchebag for no reason.

I'm out.

Tio means uncle.

Yeah, I'm dumb...took spanish...brain fart. I was thinking of the younger one for some reason. The one Gus kills.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Ok.  I refuse to get into a douchebag laden debate on logic, or probability and chance if they did this, or did that.  No one is going to win.  So I'll just end that right now.  For me, Jesse has played an amazing role... Such that I can't imagine him being killed off at such an early stage (season 1).

See how I did that Cheesey??  No more debate for you...

All I see is that I was called a douchebag for no reason.

I'm out.

LOL! Flame warrrrrrr.

Dude, Tom Selleck would've SUCKED as Indiana Jones, come on!

Constantine

• Administrator

Todd's character development has been great.

Huh?

What character development? He's been a weirdly creepy, vacuous, emotionless dude from the get-go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Huh?

What character development? He's been a weirdly creepy, vacuous, emotionless dude from the get-go.

ha, that's true.  I guess I just mean that I like his growing role in the show and in the meth operations.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Huh?

He reminds me of a character that was in a movie I watched but can't remember the name of. He's outwardly extremely nice, courteous, and compassionate. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile that with how he can just kill without compunction or remorse. I mean, I know that's basically the textbook definition of a sociopath, but still. Sometimes if you forget what he has done or is capable of he seems like a good guy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Breaking Bad opening credits done House of Cards style.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've been watching the marathon on AMC when I haven't been working.  It was fun to see the pilot again, and to watch Walt turn into Heisenberg.

I can admit I was late catching on  (season 3 is when I first tuned in), and I'm really going to be missing it once it ends.

Corey

There are so many good shows out there to help you through your post Breaking Bad withdrawal. How about:

Terriers

Rubicon

Six Feet Under

Luck

Treme

Carnevale

Oz

Generation Kill

Sherlock

Prisoners of War

Borjen

Forbrydelsen

Rome

Boardwalk Empire

I assume most who have seen Breaking Bad have already seen the holy trinity of telly:

The Sopranos

The Wire

Deadwood

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!