IGNORED

2019 British Open Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not naming names, and throwing jinxes out there.....but a former Champion golfer of the year is off to quite a start.
And I didn't even expect this in the least.

long way to go, but still pretty exciting

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm not naming names, and throwing jinxes out there.....but a former Champion golfer of the year is off to quite a start.

Good to see him playing well. Hope he can keep it up.

At first I thought you were talking about Duval haha

Edited by ChrisP

11 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

What? You are the only one?

I'm the only one he cares about.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Just now, ChrisP said:

Good to see him playing well. Hope he can keep it up.

At first I thought you were talking about Duval haha

No Laying Up put a huge jinx on Duval today (that is if you believe in jinxs)

They tweeted that Duval was -2 and Rory was +5 .... then Duval had his "hold my beer" moment

Players play, tough players win!

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

No Laying Up put a huge jinx on Duval today (that is if you believe in jinxs)

They tweeted that Duval was -2 and Rory was +5 .... then Duval had his "hold my beer" moment

Where did NLU originate anyway?  I don't remember hearing of them prior to a few months ago and now they're on my regular listening.  

I hope Duval isn't too upset that they hurt his chances at the UK British Open presented by Her Majesty the Queen.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

17 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'd love him to win.  He seems like a really top bloke. 

In my top 5 golfers to look out for.

...Jeez, Duval is not going to break 90.

Edited by Jay28

Harding looks like me in the sand (his second shot at #5, first from the sand).  

"Under the old rules that'd be a penalty." (re: Harding falling over in a bunker after a shot, ball still in bunker).

No, it wouldn't have.  Things like maintaining balance weren't penalties. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

If Koepka were to win, it would probably be the closest thing we’ve ever seen to the calendar GS.

Yeah I know Tiger won 3 in 2000 but never really contended at Masters. Spieth came close in 2015. 

Greg Norman, by the way, owns the 54-hole calendar slam in 1986. Led all 4 majors after three rounds. Pretty cool. Sad he only won one of those.

Tiger on the tee for his first shot of the day.

This isn't a spoiler no matter where you live as it was announced prior to today.

Oooh, look on Tiger's face after that shot wasn't good.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Yeah he’s hurt. Hope it’s not the back.

I hope he isn't hurt at all, pretends he is for 63 holes, and then when he has just tied it at the ninth on Sunday, he turns to the leader and smiles.  The leader asks him why he's smiling and he says "because I know something you don't know;  I ... am not injured!" and proceeds to shoot a 29 on the last nine to run away with it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Is there some kind of shot tracker for this tournament or is The Open that tournament of the year without this feature? 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!