Talldog

Long Pants or Shorts in Hot Weather

67 posts / 3382 viewsLast Reply

For those that refer to construction trades as well as others who routinely work in the sun, it’s worth realizing that a lot of them are subject to dress requirements imposed by their employers for safety reasons...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

I found an adhesive absorbent insert to put in the brim of my hat that helps with that issue. 

I think I did a member review for one of these a while back;  I can try to dig up the review if anyone is interested (I think the review comes from a previous iteration of the board software).  The item was Lid Liners and they held up amazingly well, even through two rounds in August in Palm Desert. 

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

For those that refer to construction trades as well as others who routinely work in the sun, it’s worth realizing that a lot of them are subject to dress requirements imposed by their employers for safety reasons...

Yes and to keep debris off themselves in addition to the sun.

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

I think I did a member review for one of these a while back;  I can try to dig up the review if anyone is interested (I think the review comes from a previous iteration of the board software).  The item was Lid Liners and they held up amazingly well, even through two rounds in August in Palm Desert. 

I think the ones I have are called "No Sweat Golf Hat Liner" but they do work very well. The band on my golf hat is not adjustable but the liner doesn't seem to make the hat too snug. Great product.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:55 PM, Vinsk said:

I wear nothing but a speedo and high top golf shoes. And I feel marvelous.

I found a video of @Vinsk in his outfit! I think you were in Vegas.

I got the cooling sleeves and tried them out today. They didn’t feel hotter or cooler, but the did keep my arms dryer. I only used them hitting into my net but will try them on the course. Thanks for the reco @Shindig!

44 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I found a video of @Vinsk in his outfit! I think you were in Vegas.

I got the cooling sleeves and tried them out today. They didn’t feel hotter or cooler, but the did keep my arms dryer. I only used them hitting into my net but will try them on the course. Thanks for the reco @Shindig!

LOL! Yes my friend, ya busted me. And for dinner I had shark steak and a nice Chianti.

17 hours ago, colin007 said:

I wish there was a poll here with data on walkers vs riders and pants vs shorts. If you're walking, you're gonna sweat.

I walk 90%+ of the time and always wear long pants and UV sleeves.  I do wet my UV sleeves sometimes, which really helps cool off.  But I have no problem with my Adidas 365 (my bad for incorrect numbering before) long pants.

Looking at pants the past week or so, has anyone had experience with the Amazon brand moisture wicking pants?  Are they any good for golf?

37 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Looking at pants the past week or so, has anyone had experience with the Amazon brand moisture wicking pants?  Are they any good for golf?

I have a pair.  They are good, especially for the price.  Can't speak to how they perform in the heat and humidity.  I'm too smart to wear pants in the summer. 

3 hours ago, Tiga Tiga Woods Yall said:

I'm too smart to wear pants in the summer. 

I'm afraid to ask what you do wear in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Talldog said:

I'm afraid to ask what you do wear in the summer.

Tiga Tiga plays golf in his speedo.  Good for you not to ask.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:15 PM, iacas said:

Not necessarily.

Some people sweat less than others. Or in different places.

Good point. My legs never did sweat much. From the waist up was another story! 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, David in FL said:

In the 1980's?!  In NE Ohio?! You have to be kidding! Besides, that doesn't address the old-timer's comment, "That sun will kill you, boy!"