IGNORED

NFL 2019-2020

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stuff just got real. Had my draft last night.

Boy it's a long wait between the first pick and the 20th. Lots of good players went off the board in between.

Projected 3rd out of 10 afterward. Really hoping old man Rodgers stays in one piece this year.

NO.
PLAYER
ROUND
Mike Evans TB, WR
Zach Ertz Phi, TE
Robert Woods LAR, WR
Mark Ingram II Bal, RB
Mike Williams LAC, WR
Aaron Rodgers GB, QB
Emmanuel Sanders Den, WR
Austin Ekeler LAC, RB
Curtis Samuel Car, WR
Greg Zuerlein LAR, K
Matt Breida SF, RB
Jaguars D/ST Jax, D/ST
Greg Olsen Car, TE
James Washington Pit, WR
Jameis Winston TB, QB

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Surprised McCaffrey lasted until the 20th pick.

Our draft was Sunday night, got an A+ for the draft, but who knows what will happen during the season.  Kind of funny considering I drafted Lamar Miller and Andrew Luck towards the end, didn't realize one was hurt and the other retired.  I suck at fantasy football...

image.png.7ee6fcbc984191587fb747f7ffbea505.png

Gus
---------------

1 minute ago, JGus said:

Surprised McCaffrey lasted until the 20th pick.

He didn't. I took him first overall. 

Barkley was higher ranked, but I really don't trust the Giants. Was also pretty tempted to take Kamara as well, but had to deny my brother, picking third, McCaffrey 

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

He didn't. I took him first overall.

Makes more sense, I mis-read your post.

Gus
---------------

• 2 weeks later...

Ready for my packers to get back to the playoffs,  hopefully, a healthy Rodgers for a full season will do

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Fantasy draft was earlier today, got plans to watch the game tomorrow with some friends.  One of them will be getting the best pizza in Southern California for us to eat with the game, too. 

That reminds me, I need to do my golf practice tomorrow morning since I won't be in condition to do so in the evening. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

10 hours ago, grubby98 said:

Ready for my packers to get back to the playoffs,  hopefully, a healthy Rodgers for a full season will do

My QB 1, so I'll definitely second that. 

However, I got a bit of a situation here with those Bears. At the moment, Jameis Winston is projecting higher against San Francisco. It seems almost blasphemous to sit a future hall of famer, but that seems to make sense here in week one.

Go Pack go!

You fantasy guys may want your own separate thread.  Never understood the attraction of rooting for a bunch of individual players who aren’t on the same team, but to each his own.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

As a Packer fan since before they hired Lombardi, no difficulty in saying GO, PACK, GO!

• Thumbs Up 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Go Pack go!

You fantasy guys may want your own separate thread.  Never understood the attraction of rooting for a bunch of individual players who aren’t on the same team, but to each his own.

Well ... A a couple of things.

1) When you grow up in Bengal country, the business of pulling for one specific team becomes very overrated. Having an interest in multiple games frees you from watching some truly awful football games.

2) My guys keep it low stakes, but the winner does get $$$ at the end of the season.

As a lifelong Browns fan, it's weird to have expectations going into a season. 

I'm excited and don't think it's a stretch to say that the Browns could be the best team in the division and should definitely be in the playoff hunt

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I think both Baltimore and Pittsburgh are better teams in that division. But you never know. The Browns could definitely be 8 or 9 win team, though. Which more than what you could say about them for literally decades. 

Realistically Pittsburgh will probably be a few wins better than the Browns, but I'm not convinced about Baltimore. I think the Browns have both a better offense and defense than the Ravens. The Ravens lost a lot on defense, (Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosley, and Eric Weddle) have a pretty weak pass rush, and I'd much rather have Baker Mayfield over Lamar Jackson.

36 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm excited and don't think it's a stretch to say that the Browns could be the best team in the division and should definitely be in the playoff hunt

I’ve actually become a bit of a Browns fan, just because I appreciate the loyalty and devotion of the Browns fans themselves!   

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

It’s a stretch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, klineka said:

Realistically Pittsburgh will probably be a few wins better than the Browns, but I'm not convinced about Baltimore. I think the Browns have both a better offense and defense than the Ravens. The Ravens lost a lot on defense, (Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosley, and Eric Weddle) have a pretty weak pass rush, and I'd much rather have Baker Mayfield over Lamar Jackson.

I think the Ravens are going to be a top 5 unit like they were last year, despite the fact their pass rush does indeed look weak. Mosley and Weddle are loses, but Suggs has been declining. They got Earl Thomas now.  Their offense is going to gobble up so much clock that i think teams will have to pass on them more, and they got a bunch of ballhawks in the secondary. 

Cleveland's offensive skill positions are obviously pretty darn good. Everyone knows that Myles Garrett is a beast and there are some solid players around him on defense.  The big concerns are the OL and the depth on defense.

The Browns ought to at least have a winning record this year. If the offensive line overachieves and the team stays healthy, the Browns may do better than that.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s a stretch.

How so?

ESPN's projections

Steelers 9-7 36.6% to win division, 51.4% to make playoffs

Browns 8-8 31% to win division, 46% to make playoffs

Ravens 8-8 26.5% to win division, 40.3% to make playoffs

I think any of those teams could win the division and all 3 could be in the playoff hunt.

Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!