IGNORED

When Is It Too Early for Beer?

Patch
Note: This thread is 1660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One on my buddies, and I had a chip/putt/practice/competition this morning. 

Winner decided the choice of beverage, with the loser paying. 

I won, (3 & 2) and chose a pitcher of beer.....for it's medicinal (hops) qualities. Supposed to be better than wine, coffee, and soda. 

His retort was "it's too early for beer" that "coffee would be better". Nope, a bet is a bet. Beer it was. 

So, how early, is too early for a couple glasses of $$$ Light?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

a.  Its never too early, and never too late, its not just for breakfast any more

2. For my personal taste, its NEVER the right time for a Coors Light.

On the other hand, what time did you finish the contest?  If its before about 9 AM, I'd probably prefer a bloody mary.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

It's never too early for beer, but life's too short to drink bad beer. Trade that gross Bud or Coors light in for a beer you can taste.

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

On the other hand, what time did you finish the contest?  If its before about 9 AM, I'd probably prefer a bloody mary.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Bloody Marys are practically health food. No better way to start the day.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Well, I don't like beer.  So, for me, there is never too early a time for whisky ✌️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

The only time it's too early for beer is if the bar is closed because 1) the clubhouse hasn't opened the bar yet, or, 2) you're state has stupid laws that don't allow alcoholic beverages to be sold before XX o'clock.  We've had that issue here because of #1, on numerous occasions.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

39 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

2. For my personal taste, its NEVER the right time for a Coors Light.

29 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

It's never too early for beer, but life's too short to drink bad beer. Trade that gross Bud or Coors light in for a beer you can taste.

Thought you bought might find this article interesting:

social

Employees in the craft beer industry often spend their days tasting and analyzing heavy beers packed with flavor. Sometimes they like something...

The answer for me - I don't think it's ever too early. Especially when Michigan is playing in football, because I need it!

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I don’t understand the question...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If it's really early....I'm all over a spicy Bloody Mary (or if I'm hungover). However, after the first 9 holes....it's all good! I've opened a cold one more than once before 8:00 am. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 minute ago, DeadMan said:

social

Employees in the craft beer industry often spend their days tasting and analyzing heavy beers packed with flavor. Sometimes they like something...

The general managers for the Coors brewery, the Miller brewery, and the Guinness brewery all meet in a bar.  

The bartender asks what they will have.  

The manager for the Coors brewery says “I’ll have a Coors light”. The manager for the miller brewery says “I’ll have a Miller light”.  The manager for the Guinness brewery says “I’ll have a Diet Coke”.

The other two look at him in surprise…   He turns to them and says “hell, if you 2 aren’t  going to drink beer, neither will I”!    :-D

In David's bag....

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The general managers for the Coors brewery, the Miller brewery, and the Guinness brewery all meet in a bar.  

The bartender asks what they will have.  

The manager for the Coors brewery says “I’ll have a Coors light”. The manager for the miller brewery says “I’ll have a Miller light”.  The manager for the Guinness brewery says “I’ll have a Diet Coke”.

The other two look at him in surprise…   He turns to them and says “hell, if you 2 aren’t  going to drink beer, neither will I”!    :-D

What I think is funny is how popular IPA's are now. I was drinking Bass Ale 25 years ago and everyone thought I was nuts. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

social

The answer for me - I don't think it's ever too early. Especially when Michigan is playing in football, because I need it!

I don't know how they drink that stuff. If I want something light there are still some nice selections not made by millercoors or budweiser. In college thats all I drank, then someone turned me on to good beer. To each their own, I can drink a coors light if I have to, if I squeeze a lime into it its almost not terrible.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

2 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

What I think is funny is how popular IPA's are now. I was drinking Bass Ale 25 years ago and everyone thought I was nuts. 

I always laugh at people who tell me they can’t drink a “heavy beer like Guinness“.

For comparison, Budweiser has 5% alc and 146 calories in 12 ounces.  Guinness has 4.2% alc and 126 calories.   Slainte!  :beer:

In David's bag....

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I always laugh at people who tell me they can’t drink a “heavy beer like Guinness“.

For comparison, Budweiser has 5% alc and 146 calories in 12 ounces.  Guinness has 4.2% alc and 126 calories.   Slainte!  :beer:

Personally, I love Guinness floats. Just pour half a Guinness over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, delicious!

Edited by NM Golf

Beer with lunch earliest for me. I am someone who will drink even Poors Light with gratitude if that is all there is available as long as it is cold. 

Vishal S.

53 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I don't know how they drink that stuff. If I want something light there are still some nice selections not made by millercoors or budweiser. In college thats all I drank, then someone turned me on to good beer. To each their own, I can drink a coors light if I have to, if I squeeze a lime into it its almost not terrible.

I like pretty much all beer (except sours and really fruity beers), and I still drink a decent amount of light beer. Sometimes, I just want something refreshing and with not many calories. A Michelob Ultra is great for that for me. Sometimes, I don't want a heavy tasting beer, either. Sure, I could get a Kolsch or something like that, and I frequently do. But a Michelob Ultra on a hot day after mowing the lawn is also great for me.

I think I'm the opposite of a beer snob in some sense. While I enjoy good beer, I also don't really look down on people who drink bad beer. Except Bud Light. That shit is gross. :P

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

It's never too early for a beer, but if it had to be Coors Light then I'll take the coffee.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!