IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

Yup.  Horrible.

Nonetheless, you can’t turn the ball over as often as we did and then blame the final outcome on one bad call.  

True. But what sometimes happens, and i’m not saying this is an excuse, but these kids get real shook up when they get screwed. Their coach is pissed and an important play gets ruined by a bad call and they just lose their composure. These are kids, young and dumb. But it was a damn good game. Much more entertaining than that LSU/OU debacle.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/31/2019 at 9:40 PM, Vinsk said:

Utah learning about crossing into a better conference.

Was every single Big 12 Bowl game against a better seeded opponent?  So that's a nod to strength of conference by the selection committee.

On the other hand................Big12 pretty much fell on our faces this bowl season - against those specific teams, 1 out of 6 is was a disaster.  It was so bad, that I only mildly celebrated when Baylor lost.

Big10 matched up a bit more even handed, but still.

On a side note - I was really rooting for Wisconsin, right up until the on field fights, then the hell with it.  teach the kids to act like professionals.

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Yea!!! Get wrecked Auburn!!! 

Living in Minnesota here - watch most of that one in local restaurant.  Gophers were FIRED up on field.  Good for them.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:57 AM, boogielicious said:

What's up with all the Participation Trophy Bowl games this year? 6-6 teams should be back home working on why they sucked.

Money, Money, Money....Television...The American Way Today--Reward Mediocrity

14 minutes ago, Osnola said:

Money, Money, Money....Television...The American Way Today--Reward Mediocrity

Brings to mind this year's Cheesy Bowl... er, Cheez-Its Bowl.  Maybe we can add a Vinsk Bowl to next year's slate...

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Brings to mind this year's Cheesy Bowl... er, Cheez-Its Bowl.  Maybe we can add a Vinsk Bowl to next year's slate...

I like Cheez-Its. Original.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The Vinsk Bowl would feature OSU and the last place team in the SEC.😄

Lol. Would be a dud. SEC every time. Like Michigan vs OSU. Hell OSU couldn’t win against the ACC champ with their best team in years, maybe ever. Yeah, once again OSU just like Fowler or Kuchar when it comes to the big show.😲

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Would be a dud. SEC every time. Like Michigan vs OSU. Hell OSU couldn’t win against the ACC champ with their best team in years, maybe ever. Yeah, once again OSU just like Fowler or Kuchar when it comes to the big show.😲

No shame in losing to a team on a 29 game win streak, which currently is ranked tied 12th all time. An is tied 2nd for the longest for a team after 1990. Especially when you get kinda shafted by a really really bad instant replay call. 

OSU is 5-3 in the last 8 bowl games (Urban Meyer and Day Eras). They took out Nick Saban's Alabama in 2014. Not bad for big games. The only problem they have had trouble with is against Clemson. Guess what, everyone is having issues with them. Even the best HC of all time, Saban. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

No shame in losing to a team on a 29 game win streak, which currently is ranked tied 12th all time. An is tied 2nd for the longest for a team after 1990. Especially when you get kinda shafted by a really really bad instant replay call. 

OSU is 5-3 in the last 8 bowl games (Urban Meyer and Day Eras). They took out Nick Saban's Alabama in 2014. Not bad for big games. The only problem they have had trouble with is against Clemson. Guess what, everyone is having issues with them. Even the best HC of all time, Saban. 

Just a shame they didn’t win. I don’t really think the 29 wins is as remarkable as it sounds when you consider how many of those weren’t even top 25 teams. Everyone was sure to mention how Clemson had an easy schedule prior to the playoffs. Now it’s all about how great they are. Yeah they won. But OSU really goofed along with some unfortunate calls and momentum shifts that occurred. That good fortune will be exposed when they play LSU. LSU/Clemson will be similar to OU/LSU. Not even a close game.

Just now, Vinsk said:

I don’t really think the 29 wins is as remarkable as it sounds when you consider how many of those weren’t even top 25 teams.

If you look at any win streak, they are not all against top 25 teams. 

If OSU won the NC this year, they would have beaten 4 top 10 teams and 1 top 15 team. Which is really absurd if you actually look at the schedule of teams who go on to win a NC. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just now, saevel25 said:

If OSU won the NC this year, they would have beaten 4 top 10 teams and 1 top 15 team. Which is really absurd if you actually look at the schedule of teams who go on to win a NC. 

Right. Of course. LSU is just as impressive. Clemson however is uniquely weak with their SOS. Texas A&M? UVA? And that’s it. I get you’ve gotta have some gusto to win the NC. But it’s college football. Crazy stuff happens with these often undisciplined yet very talented kids. Getting the chance to play in the NC can be enormously motivating and bring out the best in anyone. OSU earned their right to play. LSU earned their right. OU...not so much. But nobody else really could’ve done much better. OU’s offense covers its awful defense to some degree. Clemson is very fortunate to get the chance. Their season accomplishments pale in comparison to OSU/LSU. This will be shown in the NC.

Clemson earned the right to play for NC by beating OSU.  LSU earned the right to play by beating OU.

QB will be key...Clemson's OB has never lost in college while LSU QB is on a tremendous roll .

I believe it will be a really good game, both QB's will do what they do and who knows what big play or 2 will shape the outcome.  Could be an interception of a tipped ball, muffed punt, big special teams play.  Probably be closer game than many think.

LSU wins and Coach O is da man...Clemson wins and they supplant BAMA as the Dynasty....Which ever way it goes, will be a great ending to the college season.  The fact that we all may not agree on everything and can enter into back and forth banter and sharing of opinions and views is good, and makes this forum good.  God help us if we all agreed on everything-that would make for a terrible discussion.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:51 PM, saevel25 said:

You OSU and big 10 fans are really quiet. 4-5. 7-2 for the SEC. even my pathetic Vols managed to squeak by. So much for the big 10 being so good this year like you claimed. 

Edited by ncates00

9 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

You OSU and big 10 fans are really quiet. 4-5. 7-2 for the SEC. even my pathetic Vols managed to squeak by. So much for the big 10 being so good this year like you claimed. 

The stats are what they are. One game doesn't dictate an entire season outlook on the performance of a conference. Yea, kinda meh results for the Big 10. A lot of close game loses except for Illinois. Though I think they need to get rid of some bowl games and make it 7 wins or better for bowl games. Michigan classically stunk it up versus an elite team, though they looked decent for a half. Michigan needs to get rid of their DC. His defense is a bully defense, good against weaker opponents but has no backbone against really good teams. They actually recruit decently well enough for them to be better than this.

That Oregon versus Wisconsin game was a strange game. Maybe it's a classic Wisconsin loss. Dominate time of possession, not enough explosive plays, lose a close game. 

The Ohio State versus Clemson game was one of the better games in a long time for a bowl game. 

Yea, I could claim that the B10 was slightly over-rated this year. Still the 2nd best conference this year. Which is where I said they were at all year. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

45 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Yep. Total freaking disaster this year.

Happy?

35 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Happy?

Just know your place. Big 10 ain’t it. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:48 PM, Vinsk said:

Just a shame they didn’t win. I don’t really think the 29 wins is as remarkable as it sounds when you consider how many of those weren’t even top 25 teams. Everyone was sure to mention how Clemson had an easy schedule prior to the playoffs. Now it’s all about how great they are. Yeah they won. But OSU really goofed along with some unfortunate calls and momentum shifts that occurred. That good fortune will be exposed when they play LSU. LSU/Clemson will be similar to OU/LSU. Not even a close game.

You probably thought the same thing about last year with Bama playing Clemson. 

Well you would have been right about the game not even being close, except as memory serves me it was Clemson pounding the crap out of Bama

On 1/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, mcanadiens said:

Happy?

1st time in years the SEC had a winning bowl record. 

But then again the Minnesota Golden Gophers pounded Auburn.  Like physically beat the crap out of them.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

12 minutes ago, djake said:

But then again the Minnesota Golden Gophers pounded Auburn.  Like physically beat the crap out of them.

You also have to look at how many games a team is an underdog versus the favorite. If the SEC was favorite for most of their games and ended up winning that amount, then is it really impressive? 

To get more schools to play power 5 teams, I would like to see the conferences agree on an 8 conference game schedule, and a requirement of only allowing one game being from a non power 5 school. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!