IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #34:

Would you rather watch the Super Bowl, have your favorite team win, drink too much, pork out on nacho chips & dip and feel like crap afterwards...

...or...

Play 18 holes and shoot 6 strokes below your best ever round?

Sounds like I'm voting with the majority!   Got a tee time?   I'm in!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

B, easily.

Especially since you said a bunch of "and" stuff in the first thing, which means I could play golf and do all of the above minus the "feel like crap afterward" part.

I should have toned down A. to make the two more equivalent.  

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I should have toned down A. to make the two more equivalent.  

I don’t think it would’ve mattered with this crowd...a career best round by 6 strokes? That’s a no brainer

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #34:

Would you rather watch the Super Bowl, have your favorite team win, drink too much, pork out on nacho chips & dip and feel like crap afterwards...

...or...

Definitely B.

Although I do love watching and getting hype for the Super Bowl every year, a personal best by six strokes takes the cake by a mile. My lowest score is 80, so that means a 74. Gimme the 74!!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

8 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #34:

...or...

Ah, is this really a question?
6 strokes below my best round. My best is a 76, so for me that would be a 70. No brainer. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Ah, is this really a question?
6 strokes below my best round. My best is a 76, so for me that would be a 70. No brainer. 

Yep, I should have made the question more difficult to answer.  Maybe making it 4 strokes and no detrimental side effects from watching the Super Bowl. Other than being a KC fan...

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Yep, I should have made the question more difficult to answer.  Maybe making it 4 strokes and no detrimental side effects from watching the Super Bowl. Other than being a KC fan...

Forget the stokes, Golf vs another Super Bowl that was over in the 1st half....Golf Wins.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I would have taken option B even if it was, “You get to play a round of golf on Super Bowl Sunday.”

It’s February and I live in NJ. Hell it snowed 6” today, on top of the 20” we got last weekend. I have a mountain of snow and ice 6’ tall at the end of my driveway.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 2/7/2021 at 1:12 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #34:

...or...

If its either/or, I'd rather play golf.  But with the game coming on in the early evening on the east coast, I'd really rather do both.  And I've been lucky enough to have my favorite team win at least a few times, and old enough to remember it happening during my adult lifetime.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

Would you rather watch the regular coverage of the Pebble Beach Pro-Am where you see a mixture of "Celebrities" and Tour Pros (the normal coverage of this tournament)

...OR...

Watch the same tournament but only see the Pros eliminating the "Celebrities"?  Assuming you view the same number of shots, just all shots you see would be the Tour Pros.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, StuM said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

Would you rather watch the regular coverage of the Pebble Beach Pro-Am where you see a mixture of "Celebrities" and Tour Pros (the normal coverage of this tournament)

...OR...

Watch the same tournament but only see the Pros eliminating the "Celebrities"?  Assuming you view the same number of shots, just all shots you see would be the Tour Pros.

I'll take both Celebrities and Pros. Once in a while there's an interesting Celebrity. That and its kind of different so, why not? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, StuM said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

...OR...

B.  I just can't watch any more of Bill Murray.

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, StuM said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

...OR...

I would rather Watch the same tournament but only see the Pros eliminating the "Celebrities".  Nothing against Bill Murray or the slew of CEOs they show but I do not care to watch them golf.  Show me the Tour Pros.

Stuart M.

6 minutes ago, StuM said:

or the slew of CEOs they show

Several years ago the owner/CEO of the whole Whistling Straits complex, Herbert Kohler, was worth watching.  Even funnier that Bill Murray.  He had arguably the world's worst swing with the world's worst results.

1 hour ago, StuM said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

...OR...

I don't mind a few celeb shots here and there. Naturally, I'd prefer they be celebrities I've actually heard of. They can pick the best (or most entertaining) celeb shots and fit them in here and there. 

Like @ChetlovesMer said. It's a little bit of variety. 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

WOULD YOU RATHER #35

...OR...

This is a tough one for me because I’d rather see Pebble Beach as a US Open venue than a lower tier event. If it is going to be a B event, then let the celebs play but don’t show them that much. If you are going to do it without celebs, then make it a tougher tournament.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

This is a tough one for me because I’d rather see Pebble Beach as a US Open venue than a lower tier event. If it is going to be a B event, then let the celebs play but don’t show them that much. If you are going to do it without celebs, then make it a tougher tournament.

Thank goodness they almost never show the remaining celebs on Sunday.  This Sunday there will be none to show... and I'm "forced" to watch the tournament because temperatures are in the 20's and it's snowing here.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm "forced" to watch the tournament because temperatures are in the 20's and it's snowing here.

Ha ha, forced. I love it. 

Same weather here, my brother. This morning I awoke to more of the white death falling from the sky.