IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I already get to play for free (I do some work on the website, etc.), so I'm going to go with #2. 😄

Who is in your foursome?

4 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Cypress Point here I come baby!

Who is in your foursome?  Me... me...me...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Who is in your foursome?

Kate Beckinsale, Margot Robbie, and… Karen Gillan, maybe.

• Funny 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

#44 Would You Rather...

1) Get to play golf on what ever your home course is right now for the rest of your life for free?   

OR

2) Have a chance to play one round with a foursome of your choosing, on the date of your choosing, on any golf course in the world of your choosing, but only one time? 

Definitely #2.

Golf at my home course doesn’t break the bank and it being free isn’t going to affect my life very much.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

#44 Would You Rather...

1) Get to play golf on what ever your home course is right now for the rest of your life for free?   

OR

2) Have a chance to play one round with a foursome of your choosing, on the date of your choosing, on any golf course in the world of your choosing, but only one time? 

My home course blows. I'm embarrassed to even call it home, or even a course. And it's cheap. So I have to go with #2.

#44 Would You Rather...

1) Get to play golf on whatever your home course is right now for the rest of your life for free?   

OR

I would choose #2.  At this point in my life, experiences over money is the rule.

It would be tough to select the course.  Augusta National comes to mind but there so many options.  We will stick with living people so my father and mother will not be in the group.  What the heck, I will take my three best golf buddies, Marty, Jim and Fritz.  I hope they appreciate the fact that I could have played with Tiger or Keira Knightley.

Brian Kuehn

#44 Would You Rather...

OR

Even though I'd happily accept either option, I am going to choose number 2.

Even though its pretty on the nose, I'm selecting Augusta National. I know, I know, its the obvious answer, but I'm picking it anyway. The only one that was competing with it in my head was The Old Course at St. Andrews. 

Now, selecting the foursome would be tough. Part of me wants to pick my father, my wife and my best golfing friend. Another part of me wants to go with Kate Beckinsale, Rhona Mitra and Jessica Biel. Yet another part of me wants to select Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, and Daniel Kang. Finally, another part of me wants to pick my wife, Donald Trump and Barack Obama. Then put Barack and Donald in the same cart and just see what happens. ?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:45 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

#44 Would You Rather...

OR

It would have to be option 2 as my “home” course is fun but nothing outstanding.  Any course, only once, - hard to say as three come to mind Augusta National, Pebble Beach and The Old Course at St Andrews.  Probably Pebble as it is the first course I recall having the allure of going there some day.  Who would make the foursome?  Hmmmm - I’ll keep it simple my son and grandson and of course the missus!  Would be the round of forever memories. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

I pick door #2.  Venue would Cypress Point Golf Club.  Foursome consists of Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan and Walter Hagen.  The latter and I could swap stories over adult beverages in the clubhouse after the round.  Arnie, of course, would have iced tea.  Not sure what Ben's drink of choice would be.

#45 Would You Rather...

1) Have golf ball manufacturers continue to package golf balls in 4 sleeves of 3 and then box up the 4 sleeves into another box?   

OR

2) Have golf ball manufacturers reduce their packaging. Put all 12 balls in one box, or possibly a bag? 

Does the environmental footprint of the golf ball matter to you? 

BTW - This is not a trap question. I am not going to mock you if you prefer your golf balls in sleeves. I'm not trying to trap you into a whole conversation on how damaging Golf is to our planet. The question simply came up this weekend when I was putting golf balls in my golf bag. My son and I opened each sleeve and dropped the balls back into the box, chucking the sleeve into the recycle bin, and then I used the box to "pour" the balls into my bag. My son asked "Why do they come in sleeves?" I gave him a number of reasons. None of which really seemed to convincing. His comment was "It seems like more effort for you to go through just to dump them all in your bag." ... I had to agree. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

#45 Would You Rather...

1) Have golf ball manufacturers continue to package golf balls in 4 sleeves of 3 and then box up the 4 sleeves into another box?   

OR

2) Have golf ball manufacturers reduce their packaging. Put all 12 balls in one box, or possibly a bag? 

BTW - This is not a trap question. I am not going to mock you if you prefer your golf balls in sleeves. I'm not trying to trap you into a whole conversation on how damaging Golf is to our planet. The question simply came up this weekend when I was putting golf balls in my golf bag. My son and I opened each sleeve and dropped the balls back into the box, chucking the sleeve into the recycle bin, and then I used the box to "pour" the balls into my bag. My son asked "Why do they come in sleeves?" I gave him a number of reasons. None of which really seemed to convincing. His comment was "It seems like more effort for you to go through just to dump them all in your bag." ... I had to agree. 

I’d go with 2 if they can come up with reduced packaging that protects the balls and is not plastic. Having retired from a consumer products company, I can assure you that we were always thinking about reduced packaging systems. Packaging costs money, not just in materials, but art costs, assembly complexity (operating costs) and weight, which adds to shipping costs. Paper is renewable and more easily recycled than plastics nowadays too.

However, the packaging has to protect the product. That is the most important thing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

#45 Would You Rather...

OR

While I've wondered why it has been sleeves of three and pondered all sorts of "whys", I tend to align with @boogielicious and would love to see option 2 explored more if they can achieve a "neutral" packaging theme that does not involve more plastic.  If they bagged them, would it be a "plastic" bag and if so, would be more plastic than what is already being used in current sleeves that have see through portals?  Useless sidebar I know....Funny thing, the missus picked up "on special" from WallyWorld several bags of two dozen Wilson two piece cheapo balls that were in mesh bags.  I kinda liked having them all lumped together, but in reality the mesh bag has come in handy for putting "groups" of balls together from the OPB stack (my grandson loves to find lost golf balls when we go play - and he has an eagle eye for such).   

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

#45 Would You Rather...

OR

#2.  I put my daughters' names on all my golf balls and would prefer that they use the least impactful packaging.  Environmental footprint of anything matters to me.

—Adam

#45 Would You Rather...

OR

Can't honestly say I've given it much thought, but #2 is fine with me.  Think I'd rather a box than a bag. It's easier to put a box of balls into the side pocket of my bag. 

I suppose the logic of sleeves is so that pro shops can sell individual sleeves of balls to people that need them. Not sure how many people ever actually purchase balls like that, but someone must or you wouldn't see them at the counter.

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I suppose the logic of sleeves is so that pro shops can sell individual sleeves of balls to people that need them. Not sure how many people ever actually purchase balls like that, but someone must or you wouldn't see them at the counter.

So true,

I can honestly say I've never bought a "sleeve" of balls at the pro-shop for any golf course I've ever been to. My home course sells sleeves for about 1/2 the cost of a dozen balls so... its economically kinda silly. 

1 hour ago, WillieT said:

(my grandson loves to find lost golf balls when we go play - and he has an eagle eye for such).   

That's from all his years of Easter egg hunting...

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

#45 Would You Rather...

OR

#2.  It's excess packaging, and we don't need to read about how remarkable the ball is. Though years ago I did a practical reuse of a Titleist Tour Balata box. It's upstairs in my desk keeping all my backup house keys in one place.

#45 Would You Rather...

OR

I can understand the current packaging if the balls are personalized.   I'd like to see them unblemished before being hit.

I'd personally rather buy the balls in a ball.  It is a small hassle to take the sleeve out of the box and the balls out of the sleeve.   Disposal of the sleeve and box although not a real inconvenience does add up for all golfers involved.

For a while, we ordered dog food that came in a freezer pack.  The insulation was a biodegradable product that dissolved in water.   I don't know the cost of this packaging but if it was used with a bag of golf balls there may be alternative to the current packing.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

@Double Mocha Man -  Yes, he’s good at Easter egg hunting!  He can spot all the major brands PDQ and loves to proclaim he does not have that “particular” ProV-1 or Chrome Soft or TPX in his collection….always too funny! 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star