teece31

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

422 posts / 115149 viewsLast Reply

anyone that carries a 2 iron or even 3 iron now and has more than 5 degrees gap between their PW and SW is just hurting themselves. I did the math on how many shots I hit with my 3 iron and 2 iron compared to 110-120 yards and it was an easy decision. Got a hybrid to cover the other two and stepped up my lofts to have 4 wedges...

I am in complete agreement with this. I carry four wedges for the same reason. I rarely find myself with 230 yard shots that are effected by the gap between my 3-Hybrid and 3-Wood. However, I have a ton of shots from 125 or less and having four wedges allows me to take more "full" swings.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I am in complete agreement with this. I carry four wedges for the same reason. I rarely find myself with 230 yard shots that are effected by the gap between my 3-Hybrid and 3-Wood. However, I have a ton of shots from 125 or less and having four wedges allows me to take more "full" swings.

Yes, I think you have a good point about having something more than a 4 degree difference between the pitching and sand wedge. There are times when I get between the two clubs on the fairway and have to ease up on a pitching wedge or try to hit the sand wedge harder. I try to avoid that yardage but will hit it on occasion. It would be nice to take a normal swing with another club instead. I think I can get rid of a hybrid and put in a 4th wedge, which in my case would mean having a 48-52-56-60 set of wedges.

i just bought a vokey 9/10 condition for only 50 bucks! It's my only wedge so far and I love it. I think I'll get a matching 60 degree too!

I carry 3 wedges plus the PW at the moment. They are Adams Tom Watson 52, 56 & 60. Have been thinking of dropping back to 2 and getting 54 & 58 loft wedges.

I'm getting a fourth today. I have a PW at 45, and the others are 56 and 60. Although I'm not bad at making a 3/4 wedge shot, I'd still prefer to use a full swing. And, I almost never use my 5 wood, since the distance gap between that and my 3 iron is pretty much zero.

4 wedges

PW Taylor Made RAC MB
53* Cleveland Tour Action 588 Chrome
56* Cleveland Tour Action 588 BuCu
60* Cleveland Tour Action 588 Gunmetal

I'm not picky when it comes to finishes, but I love 588s.

i just reasently got the spin milled wedge and their awsome. i got 52, 56, 60. what people dont relize is how important wedges are they can shave lots of strokes

Got the fourth one. I was looking for a Titleist, but they had been sold out entirely - so I got another Mizuno. Wedges with low bounce are really hard to come by - I am learning this one the hard way. Took 15 minutes of looking at wedges to find one.

I used to have one wedge which was a 58* but I binned the 58* and went for a 56* and a 60*. Both get me close to the hole.

Theres really no need to carry 4 wedges, unless your a really good golfer IMO. I'm by no means a great short game player, but I can alter differnt things and hit the same club many differnt distances. If I were you I'd get a sand first, maybe a 58 (thats what I use and it doubles as a LW IMO).

I carry 4 pitching/ 52/56/60 vokey's I had only 3 for a while but needed to fill the gap between the pitching and the sand and bought the 52!