IGNORED

Do You Practice With the Same Ball You Play With?

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious if anyone practices chipping and so forth with the same ball they play with, or like me have a bag of whatever. Seems like the perfect answer would be to use the same as you intend on playing with. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same brand, and model. E7 Bridgestone. All my practice balls are retired gamers.

Using the same ball is a comfort item for me. No surprises when playing for a score. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I use the same balls on the practice putting green that I play with.  Same for putting on the carpet up in my study.  There are enough variables in putting already.  The more of them you can control the better.

This.     When I set up my net, I use my game golf balls.

The driving ranges (2), near me, one uses limited flight and the other uses used balls.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

As much as possible, yes. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

When I’m working on full swing hitting into a net, I use collection of excellent condition premium balls (pro v1, tp5, chromesoft, etc) that I’ve found on course. I have 27 of them accumulated so far.

At lessons, the facility has pro v1 and srixon z-star in the launch monitor bays.

When I putt, or practicing short game at a practice facility I use my regular balls (cut blue or snell mtb). 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

In my bag I have some used, usable, but wouldn't use in a tournament, balls that I use when I practice chipping.  They're ones that have survived 36-54 holes of real play.  When I practice putting outdoors, at a course, I putt with the same type I use, but I use new ones (I'm not sure why I do this -- should I?).   

Indoors, I don't have much in the way of the balls I use.  My indoor practice is with Bridgestone e6, whether it's full swing motion (off a mat, into a net) or putting (across a ruler).  I bought a ton of e6s in 2009 or so.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

OK. Your headline is a bit different from the point of your OP! When I go to a range to hit a bucket, I do not expect them to have the bucket full of the balls of my preference! But then, you change the parameter to "chipping and putting". 

Of course, I will use my game balls when practicing this part of my game! Why would I not?

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to Do You Practice With the Same Ball You Play With?

Appreciate the responses. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

• 2 months later...

I want to start using the same ball for putting, chipping and playing. This means i need to keep my focus and stop trying out new stuff. 

So time to sell my massive collection of Nike RZN platinums, stop buying a different ball for chipping practice and focus on TM Tp5's now. 

Primary Bag  | PING G410+ 9deg | Titleist 917F 16.5deg | TM rescue hybrid 18deg | King Cobra Black Utility 21deg | TM P790 5-AW Recoil shafts | TM MG2 54/58 Wedges | TM Spider X putter 

Note: This thread is 1469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!