IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, StuM said:

I think he was in reference to a comment from  @snapfade 

Probably. But that’s why I asked.

33 minutes ago, turtleback said:

That's because your expertise is teaching and coaching golf and running this board.  There are people whose job it is to vet logos and they missed it. It happens.* 

It does happen, yeah. But…

34 minutes ago, turtleback said:

But then when the logo-holder told them they were infringing they tried to just blow them off.  It wouldn't surprise me if that ups the financial ante for infringement.

Yes. That hurts them quite a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Fallen got inspired by Fear Factory (since 1989)

Fear-Factory-Logo.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

5 hours ago, turtleback said:

People say they never heard of Fallen Footwear before, but I would ask them if they knew what Phil's team's logo was before this came up.

I didn’t know of either of these things before this.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 6/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, iacas said:

What did I say that prompted this type of response? I'm curious because it's not like I said they were off the hook or something.

I was responding to Snapfade, and did not mean to be condescending.
But I have never liked the logic of "I didn't know about it, therefore should be an issue".
I see this on the golf course and in life "I did not know, so why should I be penalized".

Just because Fallen Footwear and Liv were unaware does not mean infringement of copyrighted material did not occur. 
Mickelson should consider this another gamble, take the loss and pay up!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

21 hours ago, snapfade said:

Why wait till now to sue for logo copyright infringement? Who here had to Google Fallen Footwear?

I am thinking that the skateboarding community probably doesn't watch LIV or follow Phil. It probably happened when Phil was highlighted at a recent major wearing the logo. 

21 hours ago, Elmer said:

I know this is meaningless and insignificant for the SA slushfund, but could have been avoided. 

Definitely avoidable. I am sure there are industry professionals that have the ability to search in a way more sophisticated than using google. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

106851489-1615318262613-jay.jpg?v=168674

The PGA Tour didn't specify how long Monahan would be out, nor did it disclose the nature of his health issue.

Sorry - just saw someone had posted about this...

Edited by chspeed

I like Morikawa's take...

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I like Morikawa's take...

Eh. Lots of people are sick of things they have to do as part of their jobs. Can't force them to answer the question, but as a fan I'd be annoyed if none of them talked about it.

7 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Eh. Lots of people are sick of things they have to do as part of their jobs. Can't force them to answer the question, but as a fan I'd be annoyed if none of them talked about it.

I am ok with people not wanting to talk about stuff they do not have much information on or no new information to give. I rather have that then some opinionated BS because they feel like they need to give an answer. I always thought, it is OK to say I do not know. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

53 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I think the players really don't know what's happening at the moment. PGA Tour executives negotiated with Saudi government behind the back of the players. Everyone is still waiting for PGA Tour and Saudi government to figure out all the fine print details and announce it to the players/media. 

16 hours ago, billchao said:

I didn’t know of either of these things before this.

Which is why the point of the poster who said he had to Google FF was irrelevant.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Elmer said:

Just because Fallen Footwear and Liv were unaware does not mean infringement of copyrighted material did not occur. 

Nobody's arguing that.

6 hours ago, chspeed said:

I'm not. I don't need them to talk about it. Journalists have to ask, they don't have to answer.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

But the filing didn’t happen until the 11th hour, after the court closed Friday evening, and some people close to the deal were increasingly anxious this week, fearful one side was wavering, potentially casting uncertainty over the entire deal.

JPFOKIIYQHALFRWHFSHRLNF3GY.JPG&w=1440

The formal end of golf's costly legal battle is a major step toward the proposed new partnership.

Any jury trial was not expected until the middle of 2024 at the earliest as both sides wrangled over discovery issues.

But the case is not done yet. The New York Times earlier on Friday filed a motion to intervene, asking the court to unseal documents. The Times says the public’s right to the information outweighs the tour and LIV Golf’s claims certain documents could cause “competitive harm.”

3000.webp

The PGA Tour and Saudi-backed LIV Golf are asking a federal court to dismiss their antitrust legal action against one another. The motion to dismiss was filed late Friday. This was not a surprise. The PGA Tour and...

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tom Watson writes and open letter. 

1668102919653.jpeg

The eight-time major champion shares his reservations about a pending deal with Saudi Arabia's PIF.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

I don't know that I care what Tom Watson has to say. Is there any specific reason to read this?

Just now, iacas said:

I don't know that I care what Tom Watson has to say. Is there any specific reason to read this?

Probably not then. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Probably not then. 

Thanks.

It's just me; Not a Tom Watson fan, really. Glad you posted the link.

• Thumbs Up 1