IGNORED

Are Your Clubs Made in China?

Note: This thread is 1490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking at my Custom Club Specs for my MX200s. It states: Forged in Japan, Finished in China, Assembled here in the USA. Is this the case with their current clubs? And I wonder where other brands are made? Considering this pandemic, FROM CHINA, people dying, losing jobs, many more getting ill, I feel everyone, having Mizunos should contact them to cease doing business with China and no longer have their clubs made there!!! And to find out where your brand is made and to have those companies stop doing business with China!

1 hour ago, Alohaed said:

Considering this pandemic, FROM CHINA, people dying, losing jobs, many more getting ill

This pandemic has spread far beyond China now, if you haven't heard.

1 hour ago, Alohaed said:

I feel everyone, having Mizunos should contact them to cease doing business with China and no longer have their clubs made there!!!

Or how about this, you just stop buying their products if you don't like where they're manufactured?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Alohaed said:

I am looking at my Custom Club Specs for my MX200s. It states: Forged in Japan, Finished in China, Assembled here in the USA. Is this the case with their current clubs? And I wonder where other brands are made? Considering this pandemic, FROM CHINA, people dying, losing jobs, many more getting ill, I feel everyone, having Mizunos should contact them to cease doing business with China and no longer have their clubs made there!!! And to find out where your brand is made and to have those companies stop doing business with China!

This seems quite targeted and loaded. Do you have any idea how many things you own were made in China? Are you saying that you are upset that your clubs got finished in a place where SARS-COV-2 is spreading? You would be hard pressed to find an industrialized country that could finish your clubs in this trying time if that is what you are getting at. The only other thing I could potentially extrapolate from this post is that you think it is somehow China's (as a whole) fault that we have a pandemic going on. If that's the case, I suggest that you do more research. You can start here.

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

4 hours ago, Alohaed said:

You better look through your home and make a big pile of all the things that were made in China( spoiler : a lot of stuff) and burn it in your yard......

Stevie T

27 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

The only other thing I could potentially extrapolate from this post is that you think it is somehow China's (as a whole) fault that we have a pandemic going on.

Well they could have spoke up a tad earlier instead of trying to suppress it. They jailed the doctor that spoke up about it and he wound up dying from it. But I agree if you don't like stuff made in China, don't buy it. You will either wind up with nothing, or go broke buying purely "Made in America" stuff. 

And to add, when I lived in Korea, 2004-2010, a group of us would go to China from time to time, and we got to go to a golf club manufacturing facility. Unreal to say the least. There is no way the the US can crank out that many clubs per day than that place did. It ran 24 hrs a day, non stop and made clubs for several companies. The workers literally lived at the facility in housing, it had its own restaurants and shops for necessities, and they probably made 6 bucks a day, I don't know but Im sure it wasn't much.  

Edited by snapfade
addition
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

The HP lap top I am using to post this was made in China.  Thank goodness the hat I am wearing was made in Vietnam.  It helps to off-set my FootJoy golf shoes...which were made in China.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

8 hours ago, Beastie said:

You better look through your home and make a big pile of all the things that were made in China( spoiler : a lot of stuff) and burn it in your yard......

That's the problem, we need to stop this crap and start manufacturing products here again:drugs, electronics, clothing. This country leaks a virus to kill so many around the world, sicken people and ruin economies, and everyone has no problem with this? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alohaed said:

That's the problem, we need to stop this crap and start manufacturing products here again:drugs, electronics, clothing. This country leaks a virus to kill so many around the world, sicken people and ruin economies, and everyone has no problem with this? 

It’s a global economy now. Gone are the days where anything other than food can come from one place. There are many products purchased by consumers in China with parts/materials that come from somewhere else. 

Second, we don’t know where the virus originated. It flared up in China. Should the world ban US products for a virus that originated here? There is good speculation that the 1917-18 flu that killed millions actually originated here and not Spain.

Please stop speculating and listening to conspiracy theories.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, metaswinger said:

Possibly the dumbest thread ever started on the internets...

Well probably the wrong site to start this thread. I'm sure the OP isn't alone in his feelings, I agree in some part not being dependant on another country for the products we use. But that's way above my pay grade to try to fix it. It's the position we have allowed ourselves to get in and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. Again, if you don't like it don't buy it. Buy 'Merican.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

6 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Well probably the wrong site to start this thread. I'm sure the OP isn't alone in his feelings, I agree in some part not being dependant on another country for the products we use. But that's way above my pay grade to try to fix it. It's the position we have allowed ourselves to get in and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. Again, if you don't like it don't buy it. Buy 'Merican.

The only decent thing I've read, by an AMERICAN. Unlike the rest who THINK they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Alohaed said:

The only decent thing I've read, by an AMERICAN. Unlike the rest who THINK they are.

Careful dude! Do not question our patriotism just because we don’t agree with your conspiracy theory. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Careful dude! Do not question our patriotism just because we don’t agree with your conspiracy theory. 

8Q8TNII.jpg

25 minutes ago, Alohaed said:

I appreciate your passion, honestly I do, but you are very close to having a black line drawn through your screen name.

• iacas changed the title to Are Your Clubs Made in China?
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I appreciate your passion, honestly I do, but you are very close to having a black line drawn through your screen name.

Bingo.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

51 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Buy 'Merican.

Even products made in the USA are made with components or materials manufactured in other countries. It’s just how the global economy works.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Alohaed said:

That's the problem, we need to stop this crap and start manufacturing products here again:drugs, electronics, clothing.

You're about 45 years too late with your suggestion.  At one time we made almost everything in the US.   The auto industry and the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals decided to cut costs to increase profits and decided to ship products to areas of cheap labor.   The world has since become a global economy.    Things made in the US usually are only assembled in the US with parts coming from cheaper labor countries.      I seriously  doubt you have anything in your home that is exclusively made in the US, especially drugs, electronics and clothing.

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You're about 45 years too late with your suggestion.  At one time we made almost everything in the US.   The auto industry and the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals decided to cut costs to increase profits and decided to ship products to areas of cheap labor.   The world has since become a global economy.    Things made in the US usually are only assembled in the US with parts coming from cheaper labor countries.      I seriously  doubt you have anything in your home that is exclusively made in the US, especially drugs, electronics and clothing.

Heck, my wife wasn't even made in America.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see two problems in the "buy American" thoughts. Most Americans would not work in a factory because of the conditions, and pay. Secondly, most Americans would not pay the price for products made in America. We bought a large cabinet for our tv, and the company is based less than 2 hours from our house. When it was delivered the box showed China as point of origin. It was cheaper for that company to make, and ship a 300lb. cabinet there than a fairly rural part of Virginia.

Note: This thread is 1490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!