IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

29 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

People may choose not to get the vaccine for reasons other than being inconsiderate or misinformed.

Aside from medical contraindications and ‘religious’ …there aren’t very good reasons otherwise.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Aside from medical contraindications and ‘religious’ …there aren’t very good reasons otherwise.

Being a man of faith, I don't think religious reasons are a good excuse, but more of something to hide behind. If your faith suggests that you love your brother as yourself, well, then get the vaccine to protect your brothers and sisters.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

12 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Being a man of faith, I don't think religious reasons are a good excuse, but more of something to hide behind. If your faith suggests that you love your brother as yourself, well, then get the vaccine to protect your brothers and sisters.

Absolutely. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

22 hours ago, Vinsk said:

So you get to decide what are good reasons, for everyone. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

36 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

He’s a doctor so yes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He’s a doctor so yes.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

43 minutes ago, David in FL said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Nothing funny about it. For medical advice, we go to doctors. You seem to think you are smarter than medical professionals. That is what is sad.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Nothing funny about it. For medical advice, we go to doctors. You seem to think you are smarter than medical professionals. That is what is sad.

Even medical professionals wouldn’t say they know everything, but they certainly have the resources to find the necessary information and understand it. Understanding is the more important part there. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400

NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with Stat News' Helen Branswell about how pandemic precautions like masking may have eliminated certain strains of the flu, which could mean flu shots will be easier to make.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Sorry, I thought you were making a joke!

When I’ve had a medical procedure performed, I’ve been asked to sign a consent form.  I don’t remember any doc telling me “this is what we’re going to do, because we know best, and you don’t get a say”.

My doctors gives me advice. So does my lawyer, my accountant, and my financial planner.  I listen, to what they have to say, and then make informed decisions based on what I think is best given the information I have. I don’t necessarily think that any of them are smarter than me.  I guess that I can understand how thosethat feel differently might be inclined to simply “do as they’re told” though...

Again, my apologies.  I genuinely thought your comment was tongue in cheek.  

In David's bag....

9 hours ago, Big Lex said:

Give me a good reason not in those categories I listed. 

43 minutes ago, David in FL said:

. I don’t necessarily think that any of them are smarter than me.

In medicine, yes I am David. You can’t diagnose a person’s illness and provide treatment that can save or improve their lives. Just because you don’t like being told what to do doesn’t make you as smart as your advisors when you decide what to listen too. If a cardio-thoracic surgeon tells you you have a 98% block in one of your major heart vessels and you need a bypass/stent, you don’t have the knowledge to ascertain if that’s the best thing for you. You can be stubborn and argue-refuse…but that sure as hell doesn’t make you as smart. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

53 minutes ago, David in FL said:

this is what we’re going to do, because we know best, and you don’t get a say”.

The bold part is silly David. Of course you get a say. But that doesn’t make you as smart as the advisor. 

5 hours ago, David in FL said:

Again, my apologies.  I genuinely thought your comment was tongue in cheek.

I don’t make jokes when the equivalent of the State of Wyoming has died from this disease. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
7 hours ago, David in FL said:

I don’t necessarily think that any of them are smarter than me.

In general and in science I am. And golf, which you need to stick to discussing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

I don’t necessarily think that any of them are smarter than me.

Either you’re very cocky or did a bad job picking your doctors, lawyers, and financial planners—you want to pick folks smarter than you (at least in their respective fields of service) because, well, that’s pretty obvious why... 

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Give me a good reason not in those categories I listed. 

In medicine, yes I am David. You can’t diagnose a person’s illness and provide treatment that can save or improve their lives. Just because you don’t like being told what to do doesn’t make you as smart as your advisors when you decide what to listen too. If a cardio-thoracic surgeon tells you you have a 98% block in one of your major heart vessels and you need a bypass/stent, you don’t have the knowledge to ascertain if that’s the best thing for you. You can be stubborn and argue-refuse…but that sure as hell doesn’t make you as smart. 

Maybe I got wrapped around semantics.  More knowledgeable in an area isn’t necessarily “smarter”.  

My docs have always explained the issues and then the alternatives available along with the likely consequences and results from each alternative.  I’m guessing you do the same. 

Make no mistake.  I respect what other professionals have to say within their fields of expertise, including you, who I also consider a friend.  But none of them “get to decide” for me, which is the context in which I was responding.

In David's bag....

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

But none of them “get to decide” for me, which is the context in which I was responding.

Yeah I agree. But it doesn’t mean you’re as smart as the advisors was my point. Your decision to not get the Covid vaccine is 100% yours and G***D***** nobody is gonna tell you otherwise. However, you’re making a dumb decision. It’s your decision. But a dumb one. Unless you have a medical contraindication that you simply don’t care to disclose.🙂

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah I agree. But it doesn’t mean you’re as smart as the advisors was my point. Your decision to not get the Covid vaccine is 100% yours and G***D***** nobody is gonna tell you otherwise. However, you’re making a dumb decision. It’s your decision. But a dumb one. Unless you have a medical contraindication that you simply don’t care to disclose.🙂

Thanks.

Scott

My Swing Thread