IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

20 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

not really questioning the accuracy, just curious as the source of the projection, but yes. As admittedly, I really don't look at this stuff much, it may be "common knowledge" at this point, but even so, I wouldn't be aware of it.  The projection just struck my attention.

This is from infectious disease experts and Dr. Fauci made this statement I believe.  I get my information directly from a panel of experts but I can’t quote them for legal reasons...but I believe this information is available publicly.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is from infectious disease experts and Dr. Fauci made this statement I believe.  I get my information directly from a panel of experts but I can’t quote them for legal reasons...but I believe this information is available publicly.

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Wednesday that that estimate is dependent on significant numbers of Americans being willing to be inoculated with one of several vaccines in various stages of development. If 75 percent to 80 percent of Americans are vaccinated in broad-based campaigns likely to start in the second quarter of next year, then the U.S. should reach the herd immunity threshold months later. If vaccination levels are significantly lower, 40 percent to 50 percent, Fauci said, it could take a very long time to reach that level of protection.

“Let’s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,” Fauci said. “If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.”

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The biggest issue is that upwards of 20-25% of Americans will refuse to take the vaccine. I hope this changes going forward. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I will be one of those 20-25%. I am not saying never but for now I will not. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't go post about how this must be true across the country, in ever population base.

That makes two of us.  😷

I've confined my comments to how it is where we're at, as others are commenting on how it is where they're at.

The vaccine rollout is the same as the COVID fight plan has been . . . . helter-skelter, patchwork, lacking co-ordination, totally reliant on leaders at the state and local level.

I see others here are reporting similar situations in their areas.

The hype here is that we are in 1B, and there are maps of where vaccine sites, but the boots-on-the-ground fact is that in our area this is no vaccine.  If there was, I'd be happy to report it, and if they weren't turning people away after you got there, we'd be going to get it.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I will be one of those 20-25%. I am not saying never but for now I will not. 

Why?

3 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

That makes two of us.  😷

I've confined my comments to how it is where we're at, as others are commenting on how it is where they're at.

No, you haven't. You also haven't posted elsewhere much despite repeated requests.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Vaccine is too new and I don’t feel the need to. Things change of course and will go day by day. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Vaccine is too new and I don’t feel the need to. Things change of course and will go day by day. 

Those are bad reasons. Read up, and do the right thing. Unless/until we can get to a good % of vaccinations, the economy, our daily lives, etc. will continue to be affected.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Those are bad reasons. Read up, and do the right thing. Unless/until we can get to a good % of vaccinations, the economy, our daily lives, etc. will continue to be affected.

Perhaps Jamanbooyaa never leaves his house (nor allows others to visit), is the only one living there and has everything he needs delivered.  And then washes it down before bringing it into the house/apartment/rock.

Nope! 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You're just figuring on good luck to protect you.

Yep.

Seems that way.

I would probably switch tables from the weird dude with the 3d glasses on. So you’re safe!

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

On 1/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, Ole Duffer said:

I guess I was just speaking of where we're at.  Lotsa vaccine hype on the news, but no one has any vaccine.  I have called them all, and no one knows when the next is coming.

Our state is not going by CDC guidelines, and every County Health Department decides how to handle it.

Actually, it's amazing there is even a vaccine at this point. Vaccines usually take much longer to develope. Tomorrow's the day I get my first, and my friend who's a medical first line worker is getting her 2nd dosage. I am curious as to the side effects.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080