IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Poor implementation, especially when you consider those at most risk might be the least mobile people. It would be hard to get the people to the clinics to give them the shots. I wonder how many people refused the shots as well. I also wonder if states just wanted to get as many vaccines as possible. Its not hard to see a number like that. 

I do not know all details but my father is in assisted living and all we did was sign the release and someone came to the complex and did all residents on the same day then came back for the 2nd round.  No need to travel or make appt.

I do not know how many, if any, refused the shots.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Aside from very mild tenderness at the injection site I have had no side effects at all to the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

I'm very envious you were able to get vaccinated. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm very envious you were able to get vaccinated. 

Me too. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Me too. 🙂

My parents got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and neither of them had any issues at all, aside from mild soreness around the vaccination site. 

My mom is allergic to everything and has pretty much no immunity. She feels great. Personally, I think its just because its such a huge load off her mind. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My parents got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and neither of them had any issues at all, aside from mild soreness around the vaccination site. 

My mom is allergic to everything and has pretty much no immunity. She feels great. Personally, I think its just because its such a huge load off her mind. 

Or we got placebos! 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Or we got placebos! 🙂

That thought had crossed my mind.
What ever you do, don't tell my mom. 

5 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Very cool! I was starting to 😳 when I didn't hear back.

Thanks bro, much appreciated 🙂

Colin P.

• Administrator

15 hours ago, colin007 said:

Oh man so much better. The headache lasted about 40 hours but I'm glad I got it

So you weren’t able to listen to Death Metal for 40 hours?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 hours ago, boogielicious said:

So you weren’t able to listen to Death Metal for 40 hours?

Lol no, not even the sweet dulcet tones of Morbid Angel or Bloodbath could soothe my soul...

Colin P.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Ohio is STILL one of the worst states. I can't believe the other day they were bragging that 79% of the vaccines were getting used. I was like "HEY, DOESN'T THAT MEAN WE ARE WASTING 21%?"

I don't think that "wasting 21%" is the correct interpretation of that number. It just means that 79% of the doses shipped to the state have made their way into people's arms already. The rest are still being assigned to the counties, various health systems, etc... and are in reserve for the appointments being made right now. When people don't show up (as when they double book, etc...), the few doses that risk being wasted because they have already thawed out and need to be used in the next few hours are given to people on standby lists, or sometimes counties call up county employees nearby.  Anybody getting a dose, even out of the normal order of priority is better than throwing doses away.

In California that number started around 33% (meaning 67% was not "used" yet), but it wasn't wasted doses, it was just inefficient allocations and vaccination centers, lack of staff, bad appointments systems, etc... The number has climbed to around 82% even though the total number of doses shipped (to the state) has gone from about 2 million to about 10 million doses between those 2 measurements. It does not mean that just under 2 million doses are being wasted right now. It just means the distribution of doses and actual vaccinations is doing a bit better than a couple months ago! But it could be better still...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

On 3/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, iacas said:

I have no problems with people getting the vaccines. If a hospital has them and they're going to expire, stick them in whomever is available.

I 100% agree. Don't waste a drop. 

We have to get to 65% to 80% of folks vaccinated. We aren't going to get there by throwing the vaccines in the trash. 

37 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol no, not even the sweet dulcet tones of Morbid Angel or Bloodbath could soothe my soul...

A little Seven Dust and my fever/chills were gone.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

27 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

I don't think that "wasting 21%" is the correct interpretation of that number. It just means that 79% of the doses shipped to the state have made their way into people's arms already.

I hope you are correct. That would make me feel a lot better. 

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

A little Seven Dust and my fever/chills were gone.

I can get down with Sevendust!!

Colin P.

11 hours ago, sjduffers said:

I don't think that "wasting 21%" is the correct interpretation of that number. It just means that 79% of the doses shipped to the state have made their way into people's arms already. The rest are still being assigned to the counties, various health systems, etc... and are in reserve for the appointments being made right now.

Okay, I went back and researched this and I owe everyone a huge apology. 

I WAS WRONG.

What @sjduffers said is correct. I heard the stat on the radio and misinterpreted it. My bad. My bad. The "official" waste for Ohio at this time stands around 180 doses. It's hard to say how accurate that is, but certainly it's more accurate than what I thought. Please forgive me. I misheard or misunderstood or was just plain stupid. 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, I went back and researched this and I owe everyone a huge apology. 

I WAS WRONG.

What @sjduffers said is correct. I heard the stat on the radio and misinterpreted it. My bad. My bad. The "official" waste for Ohio at this time stands around 180 doses. It's hard to say how accurate that is, but certainly it's more accurate than what I thought. Please forgive me. I misheard or misunderstood or was just plain stupid. 

Or, of course, Chicago Public schools.

10 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Or, of course, Chicago Public schools.

You know it, brother.