General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One week from tomorrow, at this time, I will be getting in my car to drive to get the second Pfizer shot (I got the first shot earlier this month).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

One week from tomorrow, at this time, I will be getting in my car to drive to get the second Pfizer shot (I got the first shot earlier this month).  

By this time next week, I will have a had my second Pfizer. Getting mine on 3/30

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

48 minutes ago, Shindig said:

In three weeks and one day I will shake your hand.

It's been mentioned many many times, precautions are not just about the individual, they are about respecting all people.  For those of you who are proponents of the vaccine, and have gotten or are getting the vaccine, are you of similar mind about the flu vaccine. I get the flu vaccine as well, yearly. How about you?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Heck with handshakes, I am hugging everyone!!!!

the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

It's been mentioned many many times, precautions are not just about the individual, they are about respecting all people.  For those of you who are proponents of the vaccine, and have gotten or are getting the vaccine, are you of similar mind about the flu vaccine. I get the flu vaccine as well, yearly. How about you?

The flu vaccines look like a piece of junk alongside the Covid vaccines, with an efficacy rate of 35-45%?  But yes, I get a shot every year... there is still some protection and if you do come down with the flu it is less severe.

Quite likely the most used word this last year is "Covid".  Why hasn't "word correction" caught up with that yet?  It still puts a wiggly red line under that word every time I type it.

7 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Heck with handshakes, I am hugging everyone!!!!

the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout

😄

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

By this time next week, I will have a had my second Pfizer. Getting mine on 3/30

I'll get my second jab on Monday.  And I do get a Flu vaccine every year, my doctor highly recommends it for old people like me.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I have been getting the flue vaccine for the past 5 years and intend to continue.  I believe Shingles is not contagious  but I also plan to get the Shingles vaccine this year which 2 shots and no need to repeat annually.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

15 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll get my second jab on Monday.  And I do get a Flu vaccine every year, my doctor highly recommends it for old people like me.

Haven't had a flu shot  in years. not opposed to it, just never got around to it.
More concerned about wife and kids.
Of course I get my second shot on 3/30 and every work meeting possible has been scheduled for the next day. Assuring that I am going to work regardless of any side effects!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

16 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Haven't had a flu shot  in years. not opposed to it, just never got around to it.
Of course I get my second shot on 3/30 and every work meeting possible has been scheduled for the next day. Assuring that I am going to work regardless of any side effects!

Good for you.

I personally get a flu shot every year. I think it works, I haven't take a work "Sick Day" since the early 90's. (And no, I'm not one of those idiots who goes into the office coughing and sneezing all over everyone.) I simply just don't get sick. 

Anyway, I get my second shot on April 5th. I too, have every work meeting in the world scheduled for the 6th. So, we shall see. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

27 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Call in sick with side effects... then go play golf!

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I personally get a flu shot every year. I think it works, I haven't taken a work "Sick Day" since the early 90's. (And no, I'm not one of those idiots who goes into the office coughing and sneezing all over everyone.) I simply just don't get sick. 

Cal Ripken v.2... iron man... even with a CPS background...

55 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Call in sick with side effects... then go play golf!

That does not work with my boss, he can be a real pain in the arse..  FYI, I am self-employed.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The flu vaccines look like a piece of junk alongside the Covid vaccines, with an efficacy rate of 35-45%? 

Bear in mind that the flu vaccine is not specific to one flu strain. They are trying to encompass several varieties including predicting which one are more likely to be in our country. So the efficacy will be down compared to the COVID-19 vaccine, which is more specific.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I haven't taken a work "Sick Day" since the early 90's. (And no, I'm not one of those idiots who goes into the office coughing and sneezing all over everyone.) I simply just don't get sick. 

that was me prior to 2018.   I never get sick.   In 2018 and 2019 I came down with pneumonia.   I get the shot now.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Yes.  In 2020, I also started giving blood regularly (I had tried when I first turned 18, and again a few times thereafter, but it kept getting rejected.  I didn't try again until last January, and since it got accepted, I've given several times since then.  I have AB+ blood, so I'm told that's a useful one to donate, I don't really know how that works). 

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Shake my hand on the first tee, let's play that day!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Bear in mind that the flu vaccine is not specific to one flu strain. They are trying to encompass several varieties including predicting which one are more likely to be in our country. So the efficacy will be down compared to the COVID-19 vaccine, which is more specific.

yes, good point! I get the flu shot every year, I think it helps, even when you do catch the flu it is much less severe.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

4 hours ago, Shindig said:

Shake my hand on the first tee, let's play that day!

I'd love to be in SoCal on that day (Torrey Pines?  Rancho Park?), if the cold, windy, rainy weather here doesn't improve.  But sunny, warm days are due very soon...

Thank you for the invite.