IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Not me. I just upgraded to Live last year. It is what it is, but it gives me what I'm looking for, the ability to lament over my crappy rounds and see that my driver gets shorter every year.

Simply playing a round of golf isn't enough to sate your need for self punishment? 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, billchao said:

Simply playing a round of golf isn't enough to sate your need for self punishment? 😜

No. I have to beat myself up for the next few days. 🤣

- Shane

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

No. I have to beat myself up for the next few days. 🤣

And then you can relive every agonizing moment by talking about it on the internet. Damn I love this game 😂

If Game Golf wasn't down I'd be going back over my recent rounds right now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

And then you can relive every agonizing moment by talking about it on the internet. Damn I love this game 😂

If Game Golf wasn't down I'd be going back over my recent rounds right now.

Me: I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game.

Also me: <hits an awesome shot> I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

• Like 1

- Shane

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Me: I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game.

Also me: <hits an awesome shot> I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

To quote my playing partner who I met on the course as we were walking off the 18th, "I'm sure I'll see you around. You don't seem like you've got enough sense to quit."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

Honestly if I had to pay a subscription at this point I'd probably just pay somebody else who is offering data outputs that I wanted from Game Golf for years. Other than the strokes gained stuff, everything they've done since I first bought my unit has been stuff that I wasn't interested in (Game Golf Live features, Game Golf Pro) and has shown me they want their product to be something different than what I want it to be. Now with the on and off issues with their database... it may be time to break up.

Our plans included:

• A relatively low-priced plan with more statistics.
  • A plan that cost a bit more that would tell you how to spend your practice time given the data.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

41 minutes ago, billchao said:

To quote my playing partner who I met on the course as we were walking off the 18th, "I'm sure I'll see you around. You don't seem like you've got enough sense to quit."

Dude, you found the Yogi Berra of golf, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

Our plans included:

• A relatively low-priced plan with more statistics.
  • A plan that cost a bit more that would tell you how to spend your practice time given the data.

It sounds like the main funding for the company is selling new units. I doubt they will accomplish that with a dead site rendering said devices useless. People who were thinking about it wouldn’t buy it now, so I’m afraid it’s the end of the line for them without an inflow of cash. 

- Shane

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It sounds like the main funding for the company is selling new units. I doubt they will accomplish that with a dead site rendering said devices useless. People who were thinking about it wouldn’t buy it now, so I’m afraid it’s the end of the line for them without an inflow of cash. 

Yes, John McGuire said from the beginning he didn't want to do a subscription.

I told him that was a bad move. That people wouldn't just keep paying for the belt clips and club tags. He had no real recurring revenue stream - he had to either make a product that breaks or wears out and needs replaced, or he needed a revenue stream from subscriptions.

He didn't want to do subscriptions because of something else that had flopped at the time, IIRC.

Bad business decisions.

And he still owes me $8k.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, John McGuire said from the beginning he didn't want to do a subscription.

I told him that was a bad move. That people wouldn't just keep paying for the belt clips and club tags. He had no real recurring revenue stream - he had to either make a product that breaks or wears out and needs replaced, or he needed a revenue stream from subscriptions.

He didn't want to do subscriptions because of something else that had flopped at the time, IIRC.

Bad business decisions.

Even Arccos Golf has moved onto subscriptions.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Damn, that sucks.

Bill

My Swing Thread

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’m not removing the tags from my clubs quite yet, but I didn’t bother firing up the unit yesterday. 

- Shane

Yeah, I'm very curious how my last two rounds' SG info went.  It doesn't help that my tags are Gorilla Glued in, so it might be a pain if I switch to another system.  Plus I've been using this since Summer 2016.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, I'm very curious how my last two rounds' SG info went.  It doesn't help that my tags are Gorilla Glued in, so it might be a pain if I switch to another system.  Plus I've been using this since Summer 2016.  

As for me, I’m done with such technology. I liked not keeping score on a card. I would simply tag my shots and voila. I might resurrect scoring on my iGolf app. It was crashing a lot before, but hopefully that’s fixed. 

- Shane

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Like, Gorilla silicone glue, no?

If so they come off pretty easily.

• Informative 1

So I haven’t been out to play since last week and I don’t know what’s happening? Can I still use the device? I didn’t connect it to the website but only ever used the app. Is it not working without their online support?

2 hours ago, Killa said:

So I haven’t been out to play since last week and I don’t know what’s happening? Can I still use the device? I didn’t connect it to the website but only ever used the app. Is it not working without their online support?

The app is dead too. 

- Shane

• Administrator

The device still works. But if we can never sync it again it may as well not be.

Fml what a stupid system. Didn’t realize it was dependent on a login to work. Isn’t all data stored locally anyway? I mean just patch an update bypassing the login before you shut down the company?