Jump to content
skywaterbanjo

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

185 posts / 11615 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KoHo said:

I have never been able to reset my live device using the button next to the micro usb port.

You have to do something regarding holding down the power button, pressing and holding the paper clip hole, etc.

I tried Googling for the procedure, but I haven't found it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

Is there a way to do it with the reset button hole? I tried a few sequences and nothing seemed to work.

Had to finally do it with the app on the computer.

I don’t know about the reset button. I just do it from the app. 

A lot of routers and other devices are factory reset by pushing a paper clip in the hole and holding for 5 seconds after powering up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guess I have been lucky.  Been using GameGolf Classic since Spring 2015 and never a problem, never had to reset or anything.  Just the recent problems with the server being down.  Of course this is the most basic version so less to go wrong with it I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a round yesterday and today - both times uploaded from the device with no issue.

GG Live has been pointess for a couple of years now I'd say.  I sync the app with the device every time I play, but at some point during the front 9, the app stops registering my shots when I tag the device and shows a partial round that's unsigned.  Waste of money.

I also had the part of the clip that is supposed to be on the belt break while playing today and at this point I'm wondering since it appears they're in the hole whether they'll be able to do anything for me.  

On 4/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, skywaterbanjo said:

Fortunately, my son helped my download all 300 rounds I have on it so I can write some sort of analytics routine to extract the data.

I'm curious how he did that and did it download as an Excel file? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Played a round yesterday and today - both times uploaded from the device with no issue.

GG Live has been pointess for a couple of years now I'd say.  I sync the app with the device every time I play, but at some point during the front 9, the app stops registering my shots when I tag the device and shows a partial round that's unsigned.  Waste of money.

I also had the part of the clip that is supposed to be on the belt break while playing today and at this point I'm wondering since it appears they're in the hole whether they'll be able to do anything for me.  

I'm curious how he did that and did it download as an Excel file? 

I downloaded all my resulting insights and conclusions via 53 screenshots. Would be very interested as to how to download all the data and if it would somehow show shots short right, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

GG Live has been pointess for a couple of years now I'd say.  I sync the app with the device every time I play, but at some point during the front 9, the app stops registering my shots when I tag the device and shows a partial round that's unsigned.  Waste of money.

Mine lasts about eight hours still.

I just upload the round at the end though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Mine lasts about eight hours still.

I just upload the round at the end though.

What do you mean it lasts 8 hours?

I'll sync it with the device and it'll shot me on the app when I tag the device but then, for example, on hole 7, it will no longer show on the app when I tag the device and the app will register that I've only played 6 holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

What do you mean it lasts 8 hours?

I'll sync it with the device and it'll shot me on the app when I tag the device but then, for example, on hole 7, it will no longer show on the app when I tag the device and the app will register that I've only played 6 holes.

My live device has behaved this way on Android devices since day one. I only use the app to upload my rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not used the app.  I usually don't have any problems uploading a full round via my PC if their site is up and running.   I highly recommend uploading your round to your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I've not used the app.  I usually don't have any problems uploading a full round via my PC if their site is up and running.   I highly recommend uploading your round to your computer.

I'm with you.  Also, I am a little obsolete and still use the "Classic".  Just tag on the course and upload to PC when I get home.  As long as the servers are up I never have a problem.  I've tried their app on the course but find the more I need to do, other than swing the club, the worse I play.  I like with the Classic that I just tag and move on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, StuM said:

I'm with you.  Also, I am a little obsolete and still use the "Classic".  Just tag on the course and upload to PC when I get home.  As long as the servers are up I never have a problem.  I've tried their app on the course but find the more I need to do, other than swing the club, the worse I play.  I like with the Classic that I just tag and move on.  

Yup, for me, there's no difference between the Classic and the Live because the app just stops syncing.  So, like I said, buying Live was a waste of money for me.  Somewhat sucks because when I really tag a tee shot, I like to know instantaneously how far it went, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup, for me, there's no difference between the Classic and the Live because the app just stops syncing.  So, like I said, buying Live was a waste of money for me.  Somewhat sucks because when I really tag a tee shot, I like to know instantaneously how far it went, haha.

I have not problem with that, All of my drives are 275+ yards, even though the PC says otherwise once I upload the round later in the day. I just do not understand how it gets so many of my drives wrong, and always on the "Short" side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

What do you mean it lasts 8 hours?

The battery lasts eight hours and I can tag the whole time.

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup, for me, there's no difference between the Classic and the Live because the app just stops syncing.  So, like I said, buying Live was a waste of money for me.  Somewhat sucks because when I really tag a tee shot, I like to know instantaneously how far it went, haha.

I recommend just tagging on the course. You can upload via your phone later. That’s the difference for me. Classic doesn’t have Bluetooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The battery lasts eight hours and I can tag the whole time.

I recommend just tagging on the course. You can upload via your phone later. That’s the difference for me. Classic doesn’t have Bluetooth.

Tag on the app rather than using the device and not sync it before the round starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Tag on the app rather than using the device and not sync it before the round starts?

No, tag on the device on your belt, not the "App".  The original "Classic" did not have Bluetooth and was just the GPS unit that clipped on your belt.  It would not sync to a phone and there was no need to sync the course prior to the round.  Just turn it on and golf, touching each club to the device on your belt before each shot.  It matches the GPS location with a course when uploaded through a PC.  There is zero on course information provided, it just captures the data for later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Tag on the app rather than using the device and not sync it before the round starts?

No, tag using the device.

This is what I used to do:

Get to the course. turn the device on in the parking lot to make sure it had enough time to connect to GPS, by the time I got to the 1st tee it was ready. Tag all my shots during the round. When I got home, upload to computer, or if I was on a trip and didnt have my computer, upload using the app. I never used the app for tagging or anything else when I was at the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...