CarlSpackler

Ohio vs. Michigan Match Play Event

31 posts / 4359 viewsLast Reply

10 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Will Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes be the opposing coaches?

Woody would punch the opponents. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, dennyjones said:

The sayin' here is O How I Hate Ohio.    just sayin'

😉

Most Buckeyes won't go as far as to give you a proper acronym. Most just call you "that state (sometimes team) up north". I'm not a football guy, but I am up for a good rivalry

Edited by Bonvivant

I am interested and could be available  My senior club already does this with Indiana but we cancelled this year because of the logistical nightmare of dealing with 64 seniors (32 a side) and COVID-19.

Of course, we must use the full handicaps. :heynow

Edited by bkuehn1952

On 7/10/2020 at 12:42 PM, Slice of Life said:

I'd be in depending on the date.

I think we are shooting for 9/19. I'm watching the governors new orders coming out. It looks like he is fixin to start closing things again or may be by then. Stay tuned!

I would be interested if the schedule worked.  I am in Michigan.  For the record, I am a high handicapper @ 25.8 but willing to have fun.  As of now Sept. 19th is good for me and I will try to keep it open.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:55 PM, CarlSpackler said:

It just occurred to me that this weekend is the 19th. Where has time gone? Anyway, I totally dropped the ball on getting this together. 😕

Next year!

Maybe pick a date in late September, 2021, as well as a likely venue.  Those of us interested can put it tentatively on our calendars.  Since you are doing the initial planning, we should play in Ohio.  Assuming most of the MI players come from southern or southeastern MI, a location closer to the border than Dayton is preferred but I know very little about Ohio golf.  You are doing the leg work so it is your call.

Things like what the format would be, size of each team, composition of each team, etc., can be worked out over the next 12 months.  Give us something to do during the winter.

As a 53 year former resident of Ohio and a graduate of THE Ohio State University, I would like to play next year if your rules allow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.