IGNORED

Ohio vs. Michigan Match Play Event

I have been thinking up a match play event for some time. I've tossed several ideas around and think I've settled on a battle between Ohioans and those from Michigan (Michiganders?). What I'm thinking is Ryder Cup style matches over a weekend rotating back and forth between the states, that is one year in OH and the next in MI and so on. It would be 9 holes of Fourball, 9 of Greensomes, and then 9 holes of singles matches. Greensomes is like foursomes, but both players tee off and you pick the better shot and alternate in from there. We could do it all in one day (9 holes each format), or spread it out over 2 with 18 hole singles matches on Sunday, or we could just do 9 hole singles Sunday morning. there would not be a handicap limit, but we would pair like handicaps together to even it out.

If you are interested in participating in this, chime in below.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@CarlSpackler

Carl, I'd really be interested. But my schedule sucks so much ass right now. 

When are you thinking? If you are talking August/September I've got a shot. If we are talking June, I'm probably out. Unless you are going to do it down the street from me. 

20 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

@CarlSpackler

Carl, I'd really be interested. But my schedule sucks so much ass right now. 

When are you thinking? If you are talking August/September I've got a shot. If we are talking June, I'm probably out. Unless you are going to do it down the street from me. 

It would probably be September. Hopefully we will be over this COVID craziness by then, and it takes a while to organize these things. The further out we throw a date on the calendar, the easier it is for people to get it one their calendar too.

4 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It would probably be September. Hopefully we will be over this COVID craziness by then, and it takes a while to organize these things. The further out we throw a date on the calendar, the easier it is for people to get it one their calendar too.

Then, you can put me down as interested.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, dennyjones said:

there's a chance...

Do you know of others up there that would be interested? @Braivo sounded like he would be interested. I would like to get at least 4 on each side to start.

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Do you know of others up there that would be interested? @Braivo sounded like he would be interested. I would like to get at least 4 on each side to start.

I'm definitely interested. 

3 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I'm definitely interested. 

Sweet. We need to recruit some more people and pick a date. My band has a gig on 9/12, but I'm otherwise open.

Sounds like a ton of fun. I'd be interested

19 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I’m game if we could figure out how to divide this up. 

If PA can get anyone to play with them like New Jersey maybe we could do a bigger event

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Will Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes be the opposing coaches?

A helluva lot better option than Harbaugh vs Day...we know how that’d turn out...

Edited by Vinsk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Ya but PA didn't almost go to war over Toledo.   The sayin' here is O How I Hate Ohio.    just sayin'

😉

Oh. Now it’s on. 😉

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.