IGNORED

Your Mind Doesn't Understand "No"… Or Does It?

Note: This thread is 1429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Understanding the Word "No"  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Bob Rotella and others say that, to your mind, there is no difference between "don't hit it in the water" and "hit it in the water." Do you agree?

• Yes, I agree: my mind or body hear "hit it in the water" in both cases.
    • No, I disagree: my mind/body differentiates between the two.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have discovered that all that "positive" psychology stuff is a load of crap.  And my degree is in Psychology.

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Is "reverse psychology in reverse" just psychology? :-P

Welp, that is the meat of the matter isnt it?... I have never managed to internal talk myself into a better swing or a better result. If I'm playing shitty golf, it's because I'm making physically shitty swings. End of story. 

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have discovered that all that "positive" psychology stuff is a load of crap.  And my degree is in Psychology.

Back in the day, it worked for Mark Fidrych of the Detroit Tigers.    His talking to the baseball helped him to the Rookie of the Year award in 1976.   (I'm sure his pitching helped some too!)

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

8 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Back in the day, it worked for Mark Fidrych of the Detroit Tigers.    His talking to the baseball helped him to the Rookie of the Year award in 1976.   (I'm sure his pitching helped some too!)

That wasn't psychology.  That was friendship with a baseball.  The "Bird".  Bless his heart...

• Like 1

I really think it's just better to know your miss and play for your miss. It works better than fighting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I think pretty consistently, my bad shots are over-doing it away from the worst spots. Water left, rough right, and I end up in the rough right. Bunker left, long grass right, and I'll be long. I guess that means my answer to the poll is "no," but it's still kind of annoying. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

14 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I really think it's just better to know your miss and play for your miss. It works better than fighting it.

You can’t play for a random shank. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, Vinsk said:

Nor for that random "Fore Left!" 🤣

I need to change my avatar..., but I still own that driver although I have a new one.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 6/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, Vinsk said:

You can but you would be playing the first hole all morning long... constantly aiming everything drastically right.  Circling the the green but never getting on it.  Until you shanked one, of course.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Note: This thread is 1429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!