Jump to content
cipher

Possible 2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, WI (Mid July)

84 posts / 3082 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

Please add me to the first list, Committed to be Considered list, thanks!

Awesome!  

Committed to be considered:

  1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @TN94z
  7. @Slim_Pivot
  8. @Hardspoon
  9. @mvmac
2 hours ago, iacas said:

You're in.

We might expand the list to 12, with a drawing or a pick (it's Nate's house after all) and the other four could get cheap hotels minutes away, but just use them to sleep while still visiting/hanging out at the lake house.

I actually don't expect we'll be at the lake house recreating much. Is that the word for doing recreational activities? Anyway, given the 80-minute drive, I think we'll wake up, go, play, return, sleep.

Yeah it won't be a huge deal one way or another. We will make everything work. Anyone like camping in tents? 😂😉

I am just going to throw this out there one more time and remind everyone we will be walking at Sand Valley. SV for some reason feels like you are constantly walking and playing uphill. I was beat after walking it, and we will be doing three days of it and and also playing the Sand Box(if you want). Contrary to popular belief Wisconsin can also get very hot at this time. It could be anywhere from 75-100 degrees much of the summer.

Spoiler
220.jpg

Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick Unscented at Walgreens. Get free shipping at $35 and view promotions and reviews for Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick Unscented

😂

This video gives a pretty good idea of the walk and how so many holes play uphill:

 

 

 

Edited by cipher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, cipher said:

Yeah it won't be a huge deal one way or another. We will make everything work. Anyone like camping in tents? 😂😉

 

There's gotta be a house on AirBnB or a VRBO close your lake house that would be cheap/easy to rent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There's gotta be a house on AirBnB or a VRBO close your lake house that would be cheap/easy to rent. 

I'll maybe ask the neighbor as well.  I bet he would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, cipher said:

I'll maybe ask the neighbor as well.  I bet he would do it.

Do you really want to be responsible for us animals at your neighbor's house? There's no telling what he might find after we stay there. A few of @iacas's empty cherry coke cans, maybe a golf ball or two, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There's gotta be a house on AirBnB or a VRBO close your lake house that would be cheap/easy to rent. 

6 minutes ago, cipher said:

I'll maybe ask the neighbor as well.  I bet he would do it.

If this does expand to 12, I would be highly interested. I will run it by the wife tonight but she typically doesnt mind me doing 1-2 golf trips a year. 

If not no big deal, I'll live vicariously through you guys just like I did during the Newport Cup :-D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, DeadMan said:

Do you really want to be responsible for us animals at your neighbor's house? There's no telling what he might find after we stay there. A few of @iacas's empty cherry coke cans, maybe a golf ball or two, etc...

That is my top concern honestly, those empty Cherry Coke Zero bottles. 😉  Also, my second biggest concern is your unchecked hair growth @DeadMan(but honestly I'm just jealous). 😂

1 minute ago, klineka said:

If this does expand to 12, I would be highly interested. I will run it by the wife tonight but she typically doesnt mind me doing 1-2 golf trips a year. 

If not no big deal, I'll live vicariously through you guys just like I did during the Newport Cup :-D

 

Highly interested or committed to be considered? No rush in deciding. February is when I need to kind of have things set in stone, so we have lots of time, but I likely have to cut the committed to be considered list off at 12 for sure. It will probably be fairly likely we can make 12 work, it will just require some figuring it out on my part.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, cipher said:

Highly interested or committed to be considered? No rush in deciding. February is when I need to kind of have things set in stone, so we have lots of time, but I likely have to cut the committed to be considered list off at 12 for sure. It will probably be fairly likely we can make 12 work, it will just require some figuring it out on my part.  

Highly interested for now, if I do switch to committed to be considered I would only want to be considered for the 9-12 group if that happens, not trying to step on toes of the people who committed before me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, criley4way said:

I'd love to come if there is room.

Can you let me know what category that puts you in from Erik's earlier post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, cipher said:

I'm about 99% positive I will to book this for day 4.

Looks beautiful, and like a complete contract to the Sand Valley courses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Looks beautiful, and like a complete contract to the Sand Valley courses.

That is kind of what I like about it. It will give us a breather too as far as walking goes as we can take carts. Same distance basically from the lake as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, cipher said:

That is kind of what I like about it. It will give us a breather too as far as walking goes as we can take carts. Same distance basically from the lake as well.  

Makes sense to me.  If you're thinking about a break from walking, would you want to move it forward, maybe day 3, and day 4 back to the sand dunes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Makes sense to me.  If you're thinking about a break from walking, would you want to move it forward, maybe day 3, and day 4 back to the sand dunes?

It probably would for those of us playing 4-5 days, but I want to make sure any of the guys doing 3 days of golf get a chance to play both SV courses, in the even of some bad weather one of the first couple days.  So it is probably best to go 3 days in a row at SV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, cipher said:

It probably would for those of us playing 4-5 days, but I want to make sure any of the guys doing 3 days of golf get a chance to play both SV courses, in the even of some bad weather one of the first couple days.  So it is probably best to go 3 days in a row at SV.

Gotcha.  I made 8 days in a row walking in Scotland a couple years ago, including a couple of 36 hole days, I'm sure I'll be good for this one.  I did see that SV has trolleys available, I'll end up using one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Gotcha.  I made 8 days in a row walking in Scotland a couple years ago, including a couple of 36 hole days, I'm sure I'll be good for this one.  I did see that SV has trolleys available, I'll end up using one of those.

Actual footage of me after day 3 at Sand Valley.

Edited by cipher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...