IGNORED

RIP Sean Connery

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He'll be remembered mostly for Bond, but I've watched The Hunt for Red October (eagle) so many times, that's the movie I most associate him with now.

One... Ping... Only...

You want me to talk? No I want you to die!

EVoRQoZUwAA-qrZ.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He was a really good actor. The Untouchables was great too. I loved all the people who imitated him like Darrell Hammond on SNL.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Oh yeah, also the Indiana Jones movie. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Best Bond ever!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I actually liked the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  I kind of gave up on Connery after The Avengers, but all is forgiven now.  

Corey

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I actually liked the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  I kind of gave up on Connery after The Avengers, but all is forgiven now.  

I've tried three times this year to get through The Avengers and I just can't.  But the teddy bear scene makes me optimistic each time that it will be a good movie because that scene is so wonderful.

Also missing from this conversation:  The Rock.

Not missing:  Zardoz, although he was in that.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

I've tried three times this year to get through The Avengers and I just can't.  But the teddy bear scene makes me optimistic each time that it will be a good movie because that scene is so wonderful.

I watched it once, and once only.  I caught a few minutes on cable a few years back, but quickly switched to something else.

I watched Rising Sun dozens of times back when we had one of those old school huge satellites.  Had a really good Connery 'kohi' impersonation for a while, too.  It's been forever since I've seen a lot of his movies.  Sounds like a good time to revisit a few.

Corey

On 10/31/2020 at 11:50 PM, Warren Zevon said:

I watched it once, and once only.  I caught a few minutes on cable a few years back, but quickly switched to something else.

I watched Rising Sun dozens of times back when we had one of those old school huge satellites.  Had a really good Connery 'kohi' impersonation for a while, too.  It's been forever since I've seen a lot of his movies.  Sounds like a good time to revisit a few.

I am about 95% sure I saw The Avengers in theaters.  I really like the TV show, and the Rigg years in particular. 

I read Rising Sun in sixth grade and I remember enjoying the book.  I am not sure now that I understood what I was reading at the time though.  Either way, I think I saw the movie once. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He seemed like a pretty cool guy...and someone you would enjoy playing a round of golf with.  He managed to always be himself while playing different characters.  Okay...his accent in The  Untouchables was pretty awful...but he was Sean Connery...we can let that slide.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Note: This thread is 1268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!