IGNORED

RIP Sean Connery

nevets88

He'll be remembered mostly for Bond, but I've watched The Hunt for Red October (eagle) so many times, that's the movie I most associate him with now.

One... Ping... Only...

You want me to talk? No I want you to die!

EVoRQoZUwAA-qrZ.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I actually liked the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  I kind of gave up on Connery after The Avengers, but all is forgiven now.  

I've tried three times this year to get through The Avengers and I just can't.  But the teddy bear scene makes me optimistic each time that it will be a good movie because that scene is so wonderful.

Also missing from this conversation:  The Rock.

Not missing:  Zardoz, although he was in that.

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

I've tried three times this year to get through The Avengers and I just can't.  But the teddy bear scene makes me optimistic each time that it will be a good movie because that scene is so wonderful.

I watched it once, and once only.  I caught a few minutes on cable a few years back, but quickly switched to something else.

I watched Rising Sun dozens of times back when we had one of those old school huge satellites.  Had a really good Connery 'kohi' impersonation for a while, too.  It's been forever since I've seen a lot of his movies.  Sounds like a good time to revisit a few.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:50 PM, Warren Zevon said:

I watched it once, and once only.  I caught a few minutes on cable a few years back, but quickly switched to something else.

I watched Rising Sun dozens of times back when we had one of those old school huge satellites.  Had a really good Connery 'kohi' impersonation for a while, too.  It's been forever since I've seen a lot of his movies.  Sounds like a good time to revisit a few.

I am about 95% sure I saw The Avengers in theaters.  I really like the TV show, and the Rigg years in particular. 

I read Rising Sun in sixth grade and I remember enjoying the book.  I am not sure now that I understood what I was reading at the time though.  Either way, I think I saw the movie once. 

He seemed like a pretty cool guy...and someone you would enjoy playing a round of golf with.  He managed to always be himself while playing different characters.  Okay...his accent in The  Untouchables was pretty awful...but he was Sean Connery...we can let that slide.