IGNORED

Any Advice Welcomed

Note: This thread is 1228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. Moved to NC from Florida about a year ago. My last day in Florida, I was getting one more round in. Clubs on the cart, I was ready to go. Went in to get a drink, came back and the cart was gone. Someone took the cart, and ran it into a ditch and stole my clubs. With that being said, here’s my question. I had to get another set of clubs, I found a set of Cobra S2 Mac irons.  3&4 hybrid 5-PW. Cobra 5LV driver. Odyssey o-works putter. Got all of it for a little over $200. Are these clubs good? Are they too old? Will they be ok for someone like me who plays 2-3 times a month?

• phillyk changed the title to Any Advice Welcomed

Supposing that all the clubs are in reasonably decent condition, I don't see why not. 

When you are only an occasional player, there's no real need to spend large amounts of money on having the newest clubs custom fit. Maybe down the road, that will make more sense for you, but I imagine you'll get along just fine with those. 

Maybe, if anything, make sure the grips are good. Of course, you could also simply have those replaced for a little bit more money.

Edited by mcanadiens

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, somebody stole your clubs! That should be a hanging offense. 

BTW - For fun keep an eye on Ebay over the next couple weeks. You may see your clubs there. That actually happened to a buddy of mine who had 2 bikes stolen off the bike carrier thing on the back of his vehicle. He was pissed. Then he wanted to replace them. He looked for something that was similar and on Ebay. Instead of finding something similar he found the EXACT same bikes, oddly they were being sold by the same seller. That seller had tons of "used" stolen bikes for sale. About 8 months later he got his bikes back. They had to be in evidence for the criminal case for a while. Turned out a couple of college girls had been stealing bikes all over town and selling them on Ebay. They were eventually tried and convicted. 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, somebody stole your clubs! That should be a hanging offense. 

BTW - For fun keep an eye on Ebay over the next couple weeks. You may see your clubs there. That actually happened to a buddy of mine who had 2 bikes stolen off the bike carrier thing on the back of his vehicle. He was pissed. Then he wanted to replace them. He looked for something that was similar and on Ebay. Instead of finding something similar he found the EXACT same bikes, oddly they were being sold by the same seller. That seller had tons of "used" stolen bikes for sale. About 8 months later he got his bikes back. They had to be in evidence for the criminal case for a while. Turned out a couple of college girls had been stealing bikes all over town and selling them on Ebay. They were eventually tried and convicted. 

Craigslist is another place to look. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I did. Like I said, it was my last day in Florida. Almost like someone knew, but we didn’t really know anyone. We didn’t know anyone that golfed for sure. I called area pawnshops and pawnshops in Georgia for the next couple of months. Nothin. 

2010 Super Game Improvement (from Maltby website):

image.thumb.png.0f6e6cfd45eb3642786252cc426bfe05.png

Odyssey O Works is fairly new. Looks like they should be just fine.

I will keep a closer eye on my clubs now. I know that when drivers became big some 20 to 30 years ago you would hear about bags disappearing quite often even out of garages.

13 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

2010 Super Game Improvement (from Maltby website):

image.thumb.png.0f6e6cfd45eb3642786252cc426bfe05.png

Odyssey O Works is fairly new. Looks like they should be just fine.

I will keep a closer eye on my clubs now. I know that when drivers became big some 20 to 30 years ago you would hear about bags disappearing quite often even out of garages.

7 hours ago, LarryEdwards said:

My last day in Florida, I was getting one more round in. Clubs on the cart, I was ready to go. Went in to get a drink, came back and the cart was gone. Someone took the cart, and ran it into a ditch and stole my clubs. 

When I go in the clubhouse for a post round drink I always make sure my clubs and cart are in my trunk, locked up and out of sight.  Otherwise, I never use the head covers that come with my clubs to advertise what is under the driver and fairway covers.  I go with generic headcovers.  Same thing can happen when you're skiing and go inside for lunch.

Sorry to hear about your stolen clubs. That sucks. I suppose that insurance would cover some of the cost but still a pain.

Glad you got new clubs but it seems like a cart before the horse thing - if you already got them then it's maybe a bit late to ask? I'd simply suggest you go golf with them for a while. If they work for you it shouldn't take long to know and, if they don't, you'll also know fairly quickly. Doesn't sound like they cost you much so either way you're not out a lot.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

I suppose that insurance would cover some of the cost but still a pain.

Talking to my insurance agent, this is not the case for me.  They require an additional rider.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I checked my homeowner's policy and see that they'd be covered (minus the deductible) if they were stolen from my car but probably not if it was from in front of the clubhouse. I have a lot "invested" in clubs, bag and cart so maybe something I should check further. Again, sorry that the OP had his clubs stolen. One always wishes one could catch someone in the act but I suppose that would present other problems...

Edited by Zippo
Spelling

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

I checked my homeowner's policy and see that they'd be covered (minus the deductible) if they were stolen from my car but probably not if it was from in front of the clubhouse. I have a lot invested in clubs, bag and cart so maybe something I should check further. Again, sorry that the OP had his clubs stolen. One always wishes one could catch someone in the act but I suppose that would present other problems...

"They were stolen from your car."  You opened the trunk and zipped into the pro shop to pay your greens fee.  That's your story... stick to it.

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

One always wishes one could catch someone in the act but I suppose that would present other problems...

Not if you're carrying a replica of the club Elin used...

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not if you're carrying a replica of the club Elin used...

Wow! Good one. It took me a bit to track down that reference...

Note: This thread is 1228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!