Jump to content
IGNORED

Summer Golf Hat


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

26BA0B2E-C7C7-4CB9-A9E7-9198BD467D4C.jpeg

0EE53E39-50CB-4BF2-BD71-BB38EDF4E377.jpegD0DD432F-7E35-4323-BF6A-68105A09E5C3.jpeg

 

Great photos of how stylish one of these hats can be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check out this guy. He's incredibly handsome in his bucket style hat. IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.d16475249d20e6c6093e838acf8da150.JPG

Who is that guy? Looks like a Chicago Public School Graduate. 

In all seriousness, my father in law has suffered from Skin Cancer for 20 years now. Therefore, my wife makes sure I have plenty of sunblock and a nice stock of UA Cool-Black Bucket hats (I have 3 of them. Black, Blue, and Grey) Oddly, they are always called cool black even when they are a different color. I like the bucket hats when I don't feel like globing the sunblock on my ears and neck. 

*Trivia* The most common location for recreational golfers to get skin cancer... = The Calves. ... not the ones that play in Cleveland. 

I'm a fan of the bucket hat. The UA model is comfy and doesn't blow off in the wind. 

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mostly, I don't really care what anyone else wears.  The only one that offends my very tolerant fashion tastes is the super-wide brim hat. There is a certain proportionality failure to it that I can't stand. You don't see them very often, but I know a guy.

 

Image result for large brim golf hat

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/15/2021 at 7:54 AM, mcanadiens said:

Mostly, I don't really care what anyone else wears.  The only one that offends my very tolerant fashion tastes is the super-wide brim hat. There is a certain proportionality failure to it that I can't stand. You don't see them very often, but I know a guy.

 

Image result for large brim golf hat

I agree, that is going a bit too far. It is a very difficult thing to find a 'sun hat' that still keeps one feeling like it's an accepted style. I would imagine if the PGA players started wearing sun hats that it would filter down to the rest of the golf world. Thing is, when you are that young, as most PGA players are, you are more tolerant of the sun and don't concern yourself with the skin cancer issue as much. Usually, skin cancer comes along in older folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've always worn a baseball hat.   This past week a local teacher died of melanoma cancer.   I'm going to take sun protection more careful.   

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I agree, that is going a bit too far. It is a very difficult thing to find a 'sun hat' that still keeps one feeling like it's an accepted style. I would imagine if the PGA players started wearing sun hats that it would filter down to the rest of the golf world. Thing is, when you are that young, as most PGA players are, you are more tolerant of the sun and don't concern yourself with the skin cancer issue as much. Usually, skin cancer comes along in older folks.

Good point. 

Ancient old dudes like me really don't care too much about their style points. Thus the bucket hat. 

What about this guy?

greg.jpg.49fa50d9d4c0026b683d73842b373dae.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Good point. 

Ancient old dudes like me really don't care too much about their style points. Thus the bucket hat. 

What about this guy?

greg.jpg.49fa50d9d4c0026b683d73842b373dae.jpg

I had that hat, but I got it to wear at Jimmy Buffett concerts. Fins Up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GN looks good in that hat, I probably wouldn't though. Just wearing a bucket hat while playing golf really was helpful in keeping the sun out of my eyes that normally sneaks in from the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)
16 minutes ago, weil2020 said:

brooks-koepka-wearing-nike-hat.jpg

That's a neat looking hat, but a couple things come to mind. First, that Nike logo looks super-imposed, maybe it isn't. Two, sure, that will keep the sun out of your eyes, but what about the sensitive parts of your face like ears, cheeks, neck, etc? Often times skin cancer is not really a consideration until someone gets it. It's sort of like the idea that "it will never happen to me".

Edited by Billy Z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wide-brimmed hat from my university bookstore (purchased almost two years ago now).  Sometimes I'll wear other forms of wide-brimmed hats but my default is one with my undergrad alma mater logo and colors.  I also have a similar, slightly smaller brim light blue one that I quite like and a black one with my club logo on it.  I also have one with my former employer's logo and such on it, but I do not plan to wear that one again any time soon (keeping it for sentimental reasons). 

Every round I've ever had under 80 was completed while wearing the first-mentioned hat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...