IGNORED

2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills

iacas

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I don't know, did he also cheat on his wife and owe you an apology?

headshots_34213.png

The official PGA TOUR profile of Grayson Murray. PGA TOUR stats, video, photos, results, and career highlights.

Nope.  But in all likelihood, he is cheating on his country.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Tweet of the week! Would love to see them find a muni where it would be possible to have the players tee off from spots that make the course like 7300 yards (even if they're not "tee boxes"), but then just play it as is 😆

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He absolutely has the right to say what he said.  I have the right to say that he is a jerk.  Grayson, are you listening?  What is your reply?

I never questioned his right. I questioned if he was qualified to play. That might influence his statement. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, iacas said:

You can respect the office without respecting the guy in the office.

Would you voluntarily turn down a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Meh. You can say yes here because you’re not being awarded one.

The PGA chose to go there, though, so it’s a different thing.

Bill Belichick was going to get a medal this Thursday, and he turned it down.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Bill Belichick…

We have another topic for this now.

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/106511-presidential-medal-of-freedom/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, iacas said:

You can respect the office without respecting the guy in the office.

Would you voluntarily turn down a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Meh. You can say yes here because you’re not being awarded one.

The PGA chose to go there, though, so it’s a different thing.

Seems like it was an easy decision for Belichick. 

Sorenstam has shown herself to associate with some of the more extreme right wing nutters so I understand why she went.

I actually dont know much about Players politics.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Seems like it was an easy decision for Belichick. 

Sorenstam has shown herself to associate with some of the more extreme right wing nutters so I understand why she went.

I actually dont know much about Players politics.

We aren’t going there here.

Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So it's possible a decision could come as soon as Monday. Here is Geoff Shackelford speculating which course the PGA of America might pick.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

With St Andrews And The Country Club Set To Host In 2022, Will Course Cachet Influence The PGA of America's Board?

At the bottom of the post below, is a table of betting odds on which course:

R&A And PGA of America Sever Ties With "Gutted" Donald Trump

3a5afcf9-afd6-43bb-a1ec-566eb0e51ee5_132

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

I take it from the lack of responses that most people are like, meh? Anyway, here's a dissection from Geoff Shackelford.

Plenty Of Sound Reasons Explain The Move To Tulsa From Trump Bedminster

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

26 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I take it from the lack of responses that most people are like, meh? Anyways, here's a dissection from Geoff Shackelford.

Plenty Of Sound Reasons Explain The Move To Tulsa From Trump Bedminster

They have a good-looking clubhouse.  I could sit on their veranda sipping a gin & tonic while reminiscing about my round...

I think Southern Hills is a good choice.  It looks like a very nice course and, likely, will not need a lot of extra prep before 2022 tournament.   And May weather in Tulsa should be nice.

The most likely dramatic end to a round of golf at Southern Hills was the shooting of Roger Wheeler in the parking lot!  

https://tulsaworld.com/mob-style-golf-course-murder-shocked-tulsa/article_ecc7d927-2a9d-5a4c-8a16-b20cf224e070.html

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

They have a good-looking clubhouse.  I could sit on their veranda sipping a gin & tonic while reminiscing about my round...

Bombay Sapphire or Hendrick’s?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I think Southern Hills is a good choice.

Tulsa?  Really? Tulsa?

That's like not even an hour and a half from me.  

Wow.  Okay, this is going to take planning. Serious planning.  Hmm.  first, gotta figure how to get time off from work.  Wait--I'm one of the owners. maybe I can just fire myself if I can't give myself the time off.  No, let's not go overboard here. Still ...

• Like 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 1 year later...

So here is the field, it's eight days old, so there's that.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgolf-brightspot.s3.ama

The field for the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club has been filled.

Paul Casey withdrew.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgolf-brightspot.s3.ama

The field is set for the 2022 PGA Championship. 156 golfers will tee it up at Southern Hills Country Club, with Joel Dahmen earning the last spot...

$18 for a beer.

MicrosoftTeams-image-1.jpg?w=640

Fans are finding that food prices are steep at the 2022 PGA Championship.

Steve

• iacas changed the title to 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills