IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

8 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

This would never work.   The rivalries are all about the money.   It always is and always will be.   Alabama / Auburn, Michigan / Ohio will  play forever in our lifetime.   Tradition and money drives sports.   Ask your alums if they would give up the Michigan game.   I bet their first thought would be to ask what you've been smoking.  

Really, I think big schools just bring in big money. When Ohio State makes the playoff, they routinely have the biggest ratings 

cfp.png

A list of all Bowl Championship Series and College Football Playoff ratings dating back to the very beginning in 1999.

The Alabama v Auburn game pull 7-9 rating. 

The OSU v Michigan game pulls about the same rating. 

You could take the top 40 teams and maintain key rivalry matchups. Just put rivals in the same conference. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The OSU v Michigan game pulls about the same rating.

On Wednesday, FOX Sports PR announced that the Ohio State-Michigan game had the most viewers for a FOX college football game ever. 15,893,000 viewers tuned in as the Wolverines upset the Buckeyes in a 42-27 win.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I’ve never seen worse clock management than OkSt in the last four minutes of their game against ND. I can’t believe nobody went to the OC or Gundy and told these morons that they’re winning the game and to stop playing so f****** fast!! WTF!? Hiking the ball with 20-25 seconds left every play!! By the time they scored their FG the clock should’ve been down to about 1:30 instead they foolishly ensured ND  would have as much time as possible once they had the ball again. Unbelievable how stupid this was.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Is Utah going to throw 70 points on Ohio State?

This game is wild. Stroud has looked so great thus far. The defense...not so much.

I'm all for players choosing to opt out of bowl games. But unfortunately that means that the OSU team that is out there today isn't representative of the team that was out there all season. They're missing 5 starters on defense plus Olave and Wilson.

Regardless of how this game ends, OSU should have easily one of, if not the best offense in the country next year. Stroud, smith-njigba, and Henderson all returning plus guys like Harrison Jr and Flemming waiting to prove what they can do too.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Defense is trash. Never able to get sacks. No disruption. Weak ass DB play. Gets pushed around. Just pathetic.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

That game further proved my points about how Stroud has had just as good, if not better season than Bryce Young, especially when you consider the number of games played for each of them and don't just look at the absolute season long totals for the major stat categories.

Stroud averaged 370 passing yds, 3.6 TDs and .5 INTs per game with a 71.8% completion rate in his 12 games this year

Young has averaged 322 passing yds, 3.3 TDs, and .35 INTs per game with a 67.6% completion rate in his 14 games so far this year.

Give Stroud 14 games he likely would have topped 5,000 yds and 50 TDs, all while completing a higher percentage of his pass attempts too.

If they both stay healthy I think both Stroud and Smith-Njigba will be Heisman finalists next season.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Some records were broken by some OSU players after this game. 

Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Most yards in a season for an OSU WR
Most yards in a game for an OSU WR
Most receiving yards in any bowl game EVER! 
Moved into 3rd for most receptions in a season for an OSU QB
Most receptions in a game for an OSU QB

CJ Shroud
Passed for the most yards in a game for an OSU QB. 
Tied 4 other players for most TD's in a game for an OSU QB.
Move into 2nd for Completions in a game for an OSU QB
Set the season record for Completion % for an OSU QB
Moved into 2nd place for passing yards per game for an OSU QB

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty lousy end with this championship as it’s not really what it should be unless Alabama wins. Georgia wins? Ok…so it’s even. Never been a fan of the championship being played with teams that have already played. Alabama wins, well there it is. They’ve proved to be the best team. Not really the same if Georgia wins. But at least we have the chance of it being a close game, unlike the Alabama/Cincinnati game.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I would take Alabama + the points. 

I want Georgia to beat Alabama. I just want those fanbases to go crazy when one gets to complain that they already beat the other and the other claiming they won the game that mattered the most. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I just want those fanbases to go crazy when one gets to complain that they already beat the other and the other claiming they won the game that mattered the most. 

Those fan bases are already crazy. I'm sure they are both already claiming that they've won the championship and justifying it some how or another. 
Seriously, when you are naming your first born, First Name: Crimson, Middle Name: Tide, you have issues. 

What really makes me giggle is the number of insane fans for both Alabama and Georgia who didn't even attend either school. They are just crazy people, who love their state's college football team more than they love their own children. ... Whack jobs. 

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On twitter, the SEC twitter account made it seem like the SEC was planting a flag for playing in Indy. Like, they are not beating a team outside the SEC! No flag planting allowed in this case. 

To me, the only team that gets credit for playing games outside the south is Georgia. They at least went up to ND to play a game with in the past 5 years. 

The mighty SEC is scared to travel. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I don't get Georgia being favored.  Neither do most of the people I've talked to.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 minutes ago, Piz said:

I don't get Georgia being favored.  Neither do most of the people I've talked to.  

I'm guessing Vegas sees them as more highly motivated (based on their earlier loss to Alabama)... and Alabama resting on their laurels a bit (based on their earlier win over Georgia).

Could be, also, that a lot of people are tired of Alabama winning and placed bets accordingly.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I didn't want to hope.  What a great game that was.  One great thing about being wrong all the time is constantly being surprised.  It's like forgetting what day Christmas is...every year.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag: