IGNORED

Golfer Drowned While Searching for Golf Ball

Wow! How sad. Let's be careful out there, folks.

"Florida golfer found drowned after searching for lost ball".

""At about 7:37 a.m., Jazmines teed off at hole number three and was last seen looking for his ball near the green. Jazmines' golf cart was parked on the cart path and his putter was found lying on the ground near the water," the sheriff's office said.
Deputies were called after Jazmines was reported missing and helped the Oldsmar Fire Department search the wooded area and the edge of the pond, the release said.
"The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office dive team responded and located Jazmines submerged in the water near his putter. He was pronounced deceased on scene," the release said."

Florida golfer drowns searching for lost ball - CNN

I like finding golf balls I can use on my home range but not worth a life.

• Like 1

I’m wondering if a gator was involved. Maybe used putter to fight off but drowned in the process. How awful.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A heart attack or stroke would seem to be likely.  Of course, he might not have been a swimmer.

What I wonder about is this: "Hermilo Jazmines of Lutz, Florida, was playing golf with a friend"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

A heart attack or stroke would seem to be likely.  Of course, he might not have been a swimmer.

What I wonder about is this: "Hermilo Jazmines of Lutz, Florida, was playing golf with a friend"

agreed 

On 2/28/2021 at 11:45 PM, Vinsk said:

I’m wondering if a gator was involved. Maybe used putter to fight off but drowned in the process. How awful.

That was my first thought, too. I don’t mess with the water down in Florida.

@DarronWilliams welcome to TST.  

On 3/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, billchao said:

That was my first thought, too. I don’t mess with the water down in Florida.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

Or he had a heart attack. Either way poor guy and family. 

Reminds me of my old course which served a dual function as a well field for Dayton. 

The water hazards weren't ponds so much as pits. At various times of year they could be empty, full or somewhere in between. It wouldn't be hard to imagine someone getting more than they bargained for messing around in those. 

You just can't really tell how deep some of those things are. 

Haven't heard much more news about this story. At first I thought a gator maybe but apparently there was no evidence of that. I've played that course many times and I'm a little confused on how it could have happened. I'm thinking the same as above...had to be a heart attack or maybe a stroke?