IGNORED

Mattresses

iacas

• Administrator

Well, I'm replacing the mattress I talked about back in 2006…

(It was actually a Full XL, not a Twin.)

I went with a Purple 3. Love the 7.5" Harmony pillows, which I'm picking up tomorrow. The bed itself, with an adjustable frame, will be here Saturday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Well, I'm replacing the mattress I talked about back in 2006…

(It was actually a Full XL, not a Twin.)

I went with a Purple 3. Love the 7.5" Harmony pillows, which I'm picking up tomorrow. The bed itself, with an adjustable frame, will be here Saturday.

My wife and I are considering purchasing a Purple. 

Please do post reviews of the mattress and the adjustable frame. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

The frame isn't the Purple one. Really, only a few companies make the adjustable frames, and some re-brand, etc.

My current adjustable frame is almost 20 years old… and it's loud. I was surprised at how quiet the new ones are. I didn't even think they were moving until it was actually moving.

I am getting:

Mattress Firm 300 Adjustable Base

132475.jpg

Shop for your Mattress Firm 300 Adjustable Base at Mattress Firm. Adjust your sleeping or reading position for maximum comfort.

Purple Hybrid Premier 3

purple-logo.jpg?mtime=20180823124637

Best Luxury Mattress Science Can Make. Check out the Purple Hybrid Premier

Purple Harmony Pillow 7.5"

Shop the Purple® Harmony Pillow. We tested more than 50 prototype combinations to create the ideal balance of soft, cool, and responsive No Pressure® Support.

We never use the massage stuff on the current TempurPedic. It's also louder than the current ones, but… meh. Calling it "massage" is dumb, because it's really just a little bit of vibration.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

My good friend has a purple mattress and likes it alot. I am looking into a new mattress soon. 

I am trying out this pillow, 

pillow-cube-LOGO_190x_2x_9f514de6-4481-4

The best side sleeping pillow to date. Pillow Cube is designed specifically for side sleepers. Stop the pains of side sleeping and order your Pillow Cube...

I like it a lot since I sleep on my side most of the time. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I am trying out this pillow, 

pillow-cube-LOGO_190x_2x_9f514de6-4481-4

The best side sleeping pillow to date. Pillow Cube is designed specifically for side sleepers. Stop the pains of side sleeping and order your Pillow Cube...

I like it a lot since I sleep on my side most of the time. 

That looks interesting. I love the height of the 7.5" Harmony (Purple). I also like that it should be pretty cool.

That looks like a good option, too. Especially if you NEVER sleep on your back or stomach. I sometimes will sleep partly on my stomach, like half and half. So I wonder how it'd work for that, or if it remains pretty firm. With the Harmony I could use the edges if it felt a bit too high.

Sleep Number for us for the last 6 years. Best mattress/bed that we've ever slept on.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

1 minute ago, iacas said:

That looks interesting. I love the height of the 7.5" Harmony (Purple). I also like that it should be pretty cool.

I might look into getting one. I rotate through pillows because one never really fits well for me all the time. 

I do need a firmer bed that has more support the center of the bed. It feels like It sags down to much in the middle of the bed. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 hours ago, iacas said:

The frame isn't the Purple one. Really, only a few companies make the adjustable frames, and some re-brand, etc.

My current adjustable frame is almost 20 years old… and it's loud. I was surprised at how quiet the new ones are. I didn't even think they were moving until it was actually moving.

I am getting:

Mattress Firm 300 Adjustable Base

132475.jpg

Shop for your Mattress Firm 300 Adjustable Base at Mattress Firm. Adjust your sleeping or reading...

Purple Hybrid Premier 3

Best Luxury Mattress Science Can Make. Check out the Purple Hybrid Premier

Purple Harmony Pillow 7.5"

Shop the Purple® Harmony Pillow. We tested more than 50 prototype combinations to create the ideal...

We never use the massage stuff on the current TempurPedic. It's also louder than the current ones, but… meh. Calling it "massage" is dumb, because it's really just a little bit of vibration.

Sounds like you need a Craftmatic! With the Purple mattress.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I tried a Casper...I tried the Purple Hybrid...neither was firm enough for me.  The Purple was much better, but still not what I wanted.  I ended up getting an IKEA Hybrid and love it.  It saved me a good amount of money, too, for a king-size.

Everyone else I know who bought a Purple does like it.

- John

10 hours ago, Frank F said:

Sleep Number for us for the last 6 years. Best mattress/bed that we've ever slept on.

I have a Sleep Number as well. I’ll probably get another when it’s time to replace it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

My wife and I got a Tempur-Pedic 16 years ago. At the time, it was the most expensive thing either of us had ever purchased, and I don't recall there being much competition in the memory foam mattress category. We're probably due for a replacement in the next 5 years, and it's nice to see many more options now.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

My wife and I got a Tempur-Pedic 16 years ago. At the time, it was the most expensive thing either of us had ever purchased, and I don't recall there being much competition in the memory foam mattress category. We're probably due for a replacement in the next 5 years, and it's nice to see many more options now.

You were due for a replacement six years ago…

I got a cheap memory foam from Overstock, I think it was maybe $599 for the California king that I need. Gusta.

Colin P.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

You were due for a replacement six years ago…

Is 10 years the standard replacement frequency for memory foam mattresses, it's been so long since we bought it I don't know what the norm is? Ours is covered by 25 year limited warranty (10 years full coverage, 15 years pro-rated), but it doesn't seem noticeably less comfortable yet, and there isn't too much sinking/depression of the foam - more on my side, compared to my wife's.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

I don't know… ten years is a pretty good span for most mattresses.

I'd ask @tristanhilton85.

We got an "Avocado Green" mattress about two years ago. We liked the lack of chemicals and waste, and it was supposed to be good for 25 years.  If you like a firm mattress, it's probably good. My wife likes it, but I think it's terrible. It was folded and rolled when shipped, and there is still a slight but noticeable give where the fold was. But, mostly, I just find it less than comfortable. 23 years to go, unless some of you can put in some great reviews that convince my wife to try another mattress! 🙂  (Actually, I may be able to convince her to put it in a spare bedroom so we can try a different one. 👍)