IGNORED

Mattresses

iacas

On 3/31/2021 at 7:02 PM, Hardspoon said:

I tried a Casper...I tried the Purple Hybrid...neither was firm enough for me.  The Purple was much better, but still not what I wanted.  I ended up getting an IKEA Hybrid and love it.  It saved me a good amount of money, too, for a king-size.

Everyone else I know who bought a Purple does like it.

We actually looked at getting that Ikea hybrid. The biggest problem my wife and I have is that she weighs 108 lbs and likes to sleep on a super-soft mattress. I weigh 185 and I like to sleep on a sheet of plywood with a 1/2" of give. 

I know, I know, sleep number is probably what we need. We actually tried the sleep number and neither of us liked it. Maybe we need to revisit. ... 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Roblar said:

If you like a firm mattress, it's probably good. My wife likes it, but I think it's terrible.

Life is FAR too short and you use your bed FAR too much to have a bed you think is "terrible." Change that shit out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Curious to hear your thoughts as well Erik. 

My wife and I just went into contract on a new build and will be looking to get a new mattress this fall when we move in. Purple is one of the ones on our initial list of options.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

You sleep 7-8 hours, so 1/3rd of your life is sleeping. You’d think you’d want a good mattress.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

You sleep 7-8 hours

Well, most do. And yeah, I know you were using the general "you." 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We’ve had a Tempur-pedic for about ten years. As long as we rotate it every couple of weeks, it’s fine. Although I’m digging the one Gomez has here.

4A025DF4-4D2A-4A4B-9851-7557B396CDAC.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I bought a Beautyrest Black back in 2016 for my back issues... don’t have that bed anymore it’s a long story.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I have Tempur-pedic for just under two years.  They are higher price compared to Purple, Casper, etc. but it is ver comfortable and has a 10 year warranty.  

Our Adjustable base is an older Revrie and is closer to 10 years old.

i’v not tried purple, etc. so can’t offer a comparison.

we had an Art Van brand, “sleep to live” and it was horrible.  That is why the older base with newer mattress.  At least we returned it under warranty before Art Van went bankrupt.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

I've got no complaints about my TempurPedic, except that it's warmer than it should be. That's the nature of memory foam.

The few other smaller complains I have are really small.

I think the best solution for his/her firmness variations is two separate beds, preferably in two separate bedrooms.

My wife and I are putting in a full basement in the next couple years and I can’t wait to have my own bedroom.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

3 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I think the best solution for his/her firmness variations is two separate beds, preferably in two separate bedrooms.

My wife and I are putting in a full basement in the next couple years and I can’t wait to have my own bedroom.

Who are you guys? Ozzie & Harriett? 😁

King bed gives sufficient space.

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 minutes ago, StuM said:

Who are you guys? Ozzie & Harriett? 😁

King bed gives sufficient space.

Lol (had to google the reference)

We have a king, the space in bed is great, but the separate bedroom aspect is more due to sleep habits and rituals. Also she likes warm, and I like things cold.

My wife had really bad post-partum insomnia after the second kid, which has lingered on and off for the last 5 years, so she doesn’t like any interruptions in her sleep routine and she’s really sensitive to noises/lights/vibrations etc. Which means if I want to watch TV in the living room for 30 minutes after she goes to bed and then tiptoe into bed, or when I wake up at 5am for an early tee time, or just read in bed with a light on after she’s turned out her lamp, it potentially causes a bout of insomnia.

We both have really good sleep hygiene, but I’m a little less strict about it sometimes.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, iacas said:

I don't know… ten years is a pretty good span for most mattresses.

I'd ask @tristanhilton85.

Outside of a few brands, 10 years is pushing the lifespan of a mattress for sure.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2021 at 8:05 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

My wife and I are considering purchasing a Purple. 

Please do post reviews of the mattress and the adjustable frame. 

So, I thought I'd update this. 
Our old mattress turned 10 years old and we replaced it. Almost ten years to the day. My wife and I pulled the trigger on the Purple Hybrid 3 about three weeks ago. 

I have to say. I really really like it. My wife's review is "It's fine." My review is "Best mattress ever." 

But here's my question: Who do you think has better taste? The man who married up? Or, the woman who settled? 🤪

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

But here's my question: Who do you think has better taste? The man who married up? Or, the woman who settled? 🤪

I'm surprised you got a vote!    Does your wife know you entertained that question on a golf forum?  :whistle:

What size mattress did you purchase?  

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

26 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm surprised you got a vote!    Does your wife know you entertained that question on a golf forum?  :whistle:

What size mattress did you purchase?  

We got a king sized Purple 3. We didn't go for the adjustable bed as neither of us thought we needed one. 

She actually is aware that I chatted about it on this forum. Believe it or not my bride has a much bigger problem finding the right pillow than the right mattress. I have the original purple pillow with 2 boosters. 

purple-logo.jpg?mtime=20180823124637

The Purple® Pillow dreamily cradles your neck and noggin - engineered to support your neck and head, while including crazy cool comfort all night, every night.

And I love it. I've had it for a year or two now and for me it's perfect. She's tried literally a half dozen different pillows and can't seem to find one that really works for her. She seems to have trouble with neck pain and some pillows seem to help and some seem to make it worse. But she hasn't quite found the right one yet. 

Wait... I just realized something. Did she say "I have neck pain." Or "My husband's a pain in the neck." ... 🤔 I don't know, she's always going on about how I don't listen or something like that. I'm not sure. I don't really pay attention. 🤪