IGNORED

Arm Lock Putting - Ban or Continue to Allow?

iacas

Arm Lock Putting  

58 members have voted

1. 1. If you were czar of the USGA and R&A, would you ban or continue to allow "Arm Lock" putting?

• Continue to Allow
    • Find a Way to Ban

The AMC guys think (and show) the arm lock produces a more consistent stroke:

My putting is so bad these days that I'll probably go try one.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

The AMC guys think (and show) the arm lock produces a more consistent stroke:

My putting is so bad these days that I'll probably go try one.

Showing and proving are two different things. This wasn’t a properly designed experiment. Sample size is small and not randomized. It may work for you, but having a properly fit putter could work just as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Showing and proving are two different things. This wasn’t a properly designed experiment. Sample size is small and not randomized. It may work for you, but having a properly fit putter could work just as well.

Yes. Simply another point of view. But I will probably still give it a try. 

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

By all means try it. I was stating that their conclusion about consistency was a bit lacking of data.

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

By all means try it. I was stating that their conclusion about consistency was a bit lacking of data.

I agree. 

Our game is difficult enough without having the ruling bodies try to satisfy the butt hurt so called "purists. Play, enjoy, play again. And invite a non golfing friend! Rediculous arbitrary rules hurt the game.

5 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Our game is difficult enough without having the ruling bodies try to satisfy the butt hurt so called "purists. Play, enjoy, play again. And invite a non golfing friend! Rediculous arbitrary rules hurt the game.

If you looked at the poll, you'd see that a significant majority of those here agree that armlock putting should continue to be allowed.  On the other hand, there's very little to be gained by insulting those who would choose otherwise, calling anyone "butt hurt" can't ever be productive.  And honestly, every rule of any kind draws some kind of arbitrary line, arbitraryness is inherent in rulemaking.  Overall, I think the Rules of Golf do a pretty logical job of drawing the lines.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you looked at the poll, you'd see that a significant majority of those here agree that armlock putting should continue to be allowed.  On the other hand, there's very little to be gained by insulting those who would choose otherwise, calling anyone "butt hurt" can't ever be productive.  And honestly, every rule of any kind draws some kind of arbitrary line, arbitraryness is inherent in rulemaking.  Overall, I think the Rules of Golf do a pretty logical job of drawing the lines.

Ahh, the voice of reason speaks up.  Good job.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Zippo, put some clothes on.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Already addressed, but to point out again… all of the rules are pretty "arbitrary."

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Already addressed, but to point out again… all of the rules are pretty "arbitrary."

And some are even ridiculous to many 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.