IGNORED

2021 PGA Championship @ Kiawah Island Ocean Course

iacas
Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

How the hell did we get on precognition? FFS, I make a comment about having a feeling that the tournament was over and you’re accusing me of claiming to be psychic? Ever hear of intuition?

I want some of whatever it is you’re smoking down there 😜

To answer the question I have put the relevant bits in bold.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

To answer the question I have put the relevant bits in bold.

You define intuition as precognition? You need a better dictionary.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

You define intuition as precognition? You need a better dictionary.

If Phil Mickelson was being interviewed about his win and he said "To be honest, when Louie missed his eagle putt I knew the tournament was over" or "It was great standing on the 17th tee knowing I had won" there wouldn't be  single golf fan or commentator who  would not react in shock or disbelief.

"Intuition" does not tell you that a golf tournament is over after 69 or 70 holes let alone after 71 holes when a birdie/bogey finish ties it up.

Point me to ANY comment or article ANYWHERE (apart from your "gut feeling") where the consensus/opinion is  is that it was all over before Phil teed off on 18, let alone 17. Bet you can't.

Edited by Shorty

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's all premonition and poppycock.  From Wikipedia:. " Precognition, also called prescience, future vision, or future sight, is a claimed psychic ability to see events in the future. As with other paranormal phenomena (golf for instance), there is no accepted scientific evidence that precognition is a real effect, and it is widely considered to be pseudo science."

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

How the hell did we get on precognition? FFS, I make a comment about having a feeling that the tournament was over and you’re accusing me of claiming to be psychic? Ever hear of intuition?

I want some of whatever it is you’re smoking down there 😜

Edited by measureoffsetinnm

53 minutes ago, Shorty said:

"Intuition" does not tell you that a golf tournament is over after 69 or 70 holes let alone after 71 holes when a birdie/bogey finish ties it up.

Except mine did. Mickelson was playing well enough that I felt he had the win in the bag.

54 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Point me to ANY comment or article ANYWHERE (apart from your "gut feeling") where the consensus/opinion is  is that it was all over before Phil teed off on 18, let alone 17. Bet you can't.

This is so ridiculous, I’m not even sure where to begin.

Why would a journalist declare the tournament over before it ends? What does a consensus have to do with how I felt at the time I was watching the tournament?

Oosthuizen missed his eagle. That was the only chance anyone had of catching Mickelson, in my opinion. I no longer felt compelled to give the tournament my undivided attention immediately after.

You are seriously overthinking all of this. I’m not even sure why you’re arguing it at this point.

55 minutes ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Are you saying intuition = precognition? They’re not the same thing.

I don’t know what someone else bringing up precognition has to do with me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Whether you like him or not, I believe Koepka has a legitimate beef.

Well…maybe. But a post round interview after a historical event was not the time to air out his whiney complaints.  And then to say ignorant cry baby comments like [ the course was well suited for a left handed player…it just wasn’t a good course for a right handed player ] was very ass-hatty of him. He’s a douche bag really. 

• Like 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well…maybe. But a post round interview after a historical event was not the time to air out his whiney complaints.  And then to say ignorant cry baby comments like [ the course was well suited for a left handed player…it just wasn’t a good course for a right handed player ] was very ass-hatty of him. He’s a douche bag really. 

You need to stop mincing words and come out and tell us what you really think!😜

I thought the only player who had a chance was Oosthhuizen. Koepka was all over the map and Phil was out driving him. Koepka was missing greens too. When Louis plunked it on 13, I thought it was over. Then Phil returned the favor.

What I found odd is how hard the course was playing without the high winds. They did a great job making the last round difficult. 17 is a scary hole for anyone!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I suffered through Koepka's interview... it was not a pleasant four minutes... time I cannot get back. No longer a fan.  Phil praised Koepka in his interview. Koepka gave Phil about three seconds in his interview.

17 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I suffered through Koepka's interview... it was not a pleasant four minutes... time I cannot get back. No longer a fan.  Phil praised Koepka in his interview. Koepka gave Phil about three seconds in his interview.

I mean did you hear him actually hint that someone may have been trying to hurt his knee? WTF? What a plug this guy is….

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yes, those are all legitimate points, and I agree with them. Nonetheless someone could get hurt in that mess because I think many were drinking too much and getting a bit rowdy. Large crowds of humans riled up can easily hurt anybody, even Phil at that point. I know I'm getting a bit older, but I really don't enjoy alcoholic beverages through the daytime, and I think anybody at one of these events could forgo alcohol until it's over. I think that would help a bit.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shorty said:

If Phil Mickelson was being interviewed about his win and he said "To be honest, when Louie missed his eagle putt I knew the tournament was over" or "It was great standing on the 17th tee knowing I had won" there wouldn't be  single golf fan or commentator who  would not react in shock or disbelief.

I would not have reacted with shock or disbelief. So, no.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Why would someone write that? Doesn't mean people didn't think it. Look at Twitter and you'll see plenty of other people who tweeted that the tournament was over.

Some people did it when Tiger won the Masters after Tiger's tee shot on 16, too, even though Brooks still had 17 and 18 to play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

48 minutes ago, billchao said:

Except mine did. Mickelson was playing well enough that I felt he had the win in the bag.

This is so ridiculous, I’m not even sure where to begin.

Why would a journalist declare the tournament over before it ends? What does a consensus have to do with how I felt at the time I was watching the tournament?

Oosthuizen missed his eagle. That was the only chance anyone had of catching Mickelson, in my opinion. I no longer felt compelled to give the tournament my undivided attention immediately after.

You are seriously overthinking all of this. I’m not even sure why you’re arguing it at this point.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Are you saying intuition = precognition? They’re not the same thing.

I don’t know what someone else bringing up precognition has to do with me.

Because what you say is patently and scientifically provably wrong and impossible.

It's the same as saying "I knew Phil would hole that bunker shot". You could say it, but you couldn't "know it".

I'm not debating that you thought it was over and were only interested in the result and lost interest when you thought Mickelson  had it in the bag. That's fine.

But you can't have "intuition" saying the tournament was over with a couple of scary holes to go. 

I get that you found it ho-hum - that's fine. Just don't say that the conclusion was inevitable before Tiger played 17 because it was absolutely not.

You will not find anyone who shares that opinion - and yes - it is your opinion -  but you didn't know it was over because it wasn't.

Do you think his brother said on the 16th green "Relax man, it's over"?

Mickelson was playing well enough to win the US Open in 2006 and any number of players were "playing well enough" to win tournament on the 18th tee and end up coming 5th. I'm not debating that you had confidence in MIckelson's abilities. That's great and perfectly reasonable. But you didn't "know". He's the best example of how no-one can be confident until it's really over.

• Administrator
Just now, Shorty said:

Because what you say is patently and scientifically provably wrong and impossible.

Get a new dictionary, @Shorty. And stop talking about this. You're wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I mean did you hear him actually hint that someone may have been trying to hurt his knee? WTF? What a plug this guy is….

Yeah.

They did this. I don't know what they were doing. I don't know why they'd do that. I'm not saying anyone did anything. But they did this. I'm not accusing anyone. It'd be great if they hadn't done this to me. I didn't say anyone did anything.

He's so desperate to appear alpha that he comes across as being a bit thick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

He's so desperate to appear alpha

This. This is so spot on.

I just read the Fowler short mis on 17 cost him an invite to next years Masters and PGA. Hopefully it won’t come back to haunt him. He played well. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

58 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I'm guessing 99% of the crowd didn't know he had a knee issue.  Or cared.  He should have stopped in his tracks and requested a wheelchair.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!