IGNORED

Cleveland Guardians

iacas

1 hour ago, iacas said:

They could rename themselves the Atlanta Salads or Atlanta Lettuce. Maybe even the Atlanta Blocks. Then keep the "chop."

🤪

Great idea.  Along those same lines, according to @boogielicious they are named after an Indian Chief.  They could do an ever-so-tiny change and in one fell swoop also provide an answer to an age old question:

Also keep their goofy "Blooper" mascot and change his name to the Great Googly Moogly.

• Funny 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The owners of the Indians only want players on their team they can get at a bargain, and ship hi profile players off so they don't have to pay big contracts. They are stingy. 

Guardians of the dollar...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0723%2Fr884054_1

The Cleveland Indians have resolved a lawsuit filed by a local roller derby team over rights to the name Guardians, the final hurdle for the Major League Baseball team to continue its changeover.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, boogielicious said:

How about the Atlanta Sherman’s? Too soon? 😜

Ha! I missed this when originally posted. But that's pretty funny.

8 hours ago, iacas said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0723%2Fr884054_1

The Cleveland Indians have resolved a lawsuit filed by a local roller derby team over rights to the name Guardians, the final hurdle for the Major League Baseball team to continue its changeover.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I like the new name. I'm glad they are changing it. 

I've always thought the dumbest reason to keep doing something is because "We've always done it this way."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I guess I'm just too old school. I've been an Indians fan all my life so....

So.... what? .... You can still be a fan.
Look at the bright side. Think of all the new gear you can go out and get. 

Keep the old gear as a collectors item. 

New is good. New is interesting. Baseball needs all the newness it can get. 12 people watched the World Series this year.... and 6 of them fell asleep. 

47b16f43-bd64-4d31-ba1e-3aca588be333_text.gif.9fb32835bea092eac292050043b79fac.gif

major-league-uniforms.gif.ad0732510965f0780313e36b45b42d1f.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Baseball needs all the newness it can get. 12 people watched the World Series this year.... and 6 of them fell asleep.

That's funny right there!

25 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And one of them bet against the Rockies. Oh wait, who was in the World Series?

What's this sport called baseball that you are all talking about?   Is it the one where people hit balls with those funny hammers?

17 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

What's this sport called baseball that you are all talking about?   Is it the one where people hit balls with those funny hammers?

There are three things that baseball should be really worried about:

1 - ESPN radio has a deal that if a World Series Game is on a local ESPN radio affiliate at the same time as High School Football, The High School Football is given priority and The World Series Game goes to ESPN's secondary local station. 

2 - When The World Series has been up against Thursday Night Football. Without fail the Thursday Night Football PREGAME SHOW gets a higher rating than The World Series Game itself.

3 - I took a very informal survey of the 6th graders in my son's school. Out of more than 20 kids that I asked, only 1 had EVER seen a baseball game on TV. None had ever watched a World Series Game. BTW - I'm in the Columbus area and Cleveland was just in the World Series in 2016. 

• Informative 1

Baseball...America's PAST time

I played a couple of years in high school and enjoyed it.  I've been to a couple of games.  I find most sports too long and ultimately boring.  Soccer can usually grab my attention (football to friends not in the US).   I barely have watched golf in the past ten years.   Too slow.   I'd almost prefer for a lot of non-majors that they tape it and then edit it so that it's not as drawn out.

I tried to get into football a few years ago, but I just can't keep up any conversation about the endless stats that people cite.   Also, I can't stand the way that the clock stops every 6 seconds near the end of the game.  This makes the last 3 minutes of game time be like 30 minutes.  At least to me.