IGNORED

Winn DryTac Grips

Tony Dodaro

Purchased these Winn Grips a few months back . Had to replace the driver grip and the 3-9 wood have the same issue. They are tearing on the back seam after a few months use. I’ve regripped my own clubs for 25 years and this has never happened 

Anyone else have this problem?

79636C71-A364-472D-ABC6-98803504D352.jpeg

CE298C98-AB4F-4371-A0B0-32322A9AB643.jpeg

9 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I found that the dri tac grips do not last very long. 

Ditto.

I like the feel, but I have to replace them very frequently (relative to other grips).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't seen that, do you have a lot of underwraps?  I agree that they wear quickly but they have great grip, dry or wet.

I’ve played them for 15-20 years and have always regripped my own clubs. I could understand 1 in the pack of 14 doing it but I’m up to 4 now of the 7 I’ve used. They were purchased through EBay and shipped from China. They could be know offs

1 hour ago, Tony Dodaro said:

They were purchased through EBay and shipped from China. They could be know offs

I've read about counterfeit issues with grips purchased on EBay, including the Iomic grips that I prefer.  Sometimes when the price is too good to be true, its because the goods aren't what you think you're buying.  I only buy from reputable retailers.

Add to that, as others have said, Winn grips seem to have a reputation for wearing quickly.

• iacas changed the title to Winn DryTac Grips

I agree Dave . I did email Winn grip and they asked me for the pictures I put in here and the bag with bar codes they came in. Like I said I know Winns don’t last more then 6 months but I never had any grip tear on the back seam after 2 months use. There either knock off fakes or Winn might have a quality control issue 

17 hours ago, Tony Dodaro said:

I agree Dave . I did email Winn grip and they asked me for the pictures I put in here and the bag with bar codes they came in. Like I said I know Winns don’t last more then 6 months but I never had any grip tear on the back seam after 2 months use. There either knock off fakes or Winn might have a quality control issue 

Winn has a quality control issue for sure, they suck. I do everything I can to talk people out of them when I regrip clubs at the course. They wear out way too fast, and they are too many better options out there at a lower price point. 

Edited by NM Golf
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, iacas said:

Your problem is that you're asking Winn grips to last more than a few rounds. 🙂

So true. Every Winn grip I've ever owned falls apart pretty quickly. That nice, flexible membrane on top that makes them feel so good when new has no durability. Also, has all the traction of a wet eel when the going gets wet. Too bad - singe they do feel great when brand new and dry.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, Tony Dodaro said:

Purchased these Winn Grips a few months back . Had to replace the driver grip and the 3-9 wood have the same issue. They are tearing on the back seam after a few months use. I’ve regripped my own clubs for 25 years and this has never happened 

Anyone else have this problem?

79636C71-A364-472D-ABC6-98803504D352.jpeg

CE298C98-AB4F-4371-A0B0-32322A9AB643.jpeg

If you have a compressor, Pure Grips are excellent and last a long time. They are easy to install too.

pg_logo_358a7853-c3ae-4f37-90ea-50ea9fd6

I contacted Winn and they are sending me 14 new grips. Can’t ask for more then that these days. I’m sure all the other grips out there a nice and your preference but I play Winn because I do not wear a golf glove ala Fred Couples. They do not slip up to 90+ degrees and high humidity. 

• 1 month later...

I've played 15 rounds this season with the Dri-Tac grips and I expect to re-grip them this Fall. Likely be the last Winn grips I purchase.

Ok here’s the deal. I’ve played Winn for years and love them. I do not wear a glove and it’s the only grip that doesn’t slip in hot weather also I’m a range rat  no blisters from spending hours at the range. 
Yes they do wear faster but have improved over the years. The model I’m referring to in this write up has been discontinued by Winn. They did have a problem with it tearing on the back center line and sent me 13 new grips , no charge.