IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I don’t think Brooks misses The Ryder Cup. 

I think you’re right, and I don’t think that’s necessarily wise.

He should sit out if he’s at all less than 100%.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I feel a little bad for Kisner.
Always a bridesmaid never a bride type of deal

Kisner can be an awesome 8’ in putter for sure. I also think his personality type is great for the Ryder Cup. But unfortunately his stats haven’t been that great of late and it’s just too much of a risk.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The team is set. Europe finalizes Sunday.

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

On 9/7/2021 at 8:46 AM, colin007 said:

Will be casually rooting for the Euros

This is what I did last time.  Europe just seemed to have more like-able players in 2018.  This year USA replaced Reed, Bubba, Phil, Fowler, Webb, and Tiger with Xander, Collin, Scheffler, English, Cantlay, and Berger.  I used to not care for Cantlay, but that was all related to how long he took to pull the trigger on a shot.  We'll see who Europe ends up picking as to who I will be rooting for, but getting Reed, Bubba and Phil out of the group is definitely a plus as far as I am concerned.  

John

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Stricker just said that a player can be replaced, due to illness or injury, right up to the opening ceremony. So, I would bet, that with his injury, and COVID, there might be a few extra guys playing practice rounds up there.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

also think his personality type is great for the Ryder Cup. But unfortunately his stats haven’t been that great of late and it’s just too much of a risk.

Agree. And doesn’t hit it very far.  

46 minutes ago, SG11118 said:
On 9/7/2021 at 8:46 AM, colin007 said:

Will be casually rooting for the Euros

This is what I did last time.  Europe just seemed to have more like-able players in 2018.  This year USA replaced Reed, Bubba, Phil, Fowler, Webb, and Tiger with Xander, Collin, Scheffler, English, Cantlay, and Berger.  I used to not care for Cantlay, but that was all related to how long he took to pull the trigger on a shot.  We'll see who Europe ends up picking as to who I will be rooting for,

I can’t wrap my head around deciding every Ryder cup who you cheer for based on who is on the team and not your home country. 

• Booooooooo 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Stricker just said that a player can be replaced, due to illness or injury, right up to the opening ceremony. So, I would bet, that with his injury, and COVID, there might be a few extra guys playing practice rounds up there.

Na for Brooks.

• Like 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Agree. And doesn’t hit it very far.  

I can’t wrap my head around deciding every Ryder cup who you cheer for based on who is on the team and not your home country. 

I am a proud American.  I have just always considered the Ryder cup more of a fun golf exhibition than something I should be Nationalistic about.  We live in a global world these days, and most of these Euro players have residences (and possibly even citizenships?) in the US.  I have no problem rooting for the more likeable / least unlikeable team.  

• Thumbs Up 1

John

50 minutes ago, SG11118 said:

I am a proud American.  I have just always considered the Ryder cup more of a fun golf exhibition than something I should be Nationalistic about.  We live in a global world these days, and most of these Euro players have residences (and possibly even citizenships?) in the US.  I have no problem rooting for the more likeable / least unlikeable team.  

I disagree, however if this is how you enjoy it. Have at it. Different strokes for different folks. 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Na for Brooks.

I would hope that that is the case. I'm not a huge fan of Na  but his play last week (not just then) was incredible and in his interview I really felt for him. I think he deserves a chance.

I think he could be an awesome team player.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Anyone buying that leaving Reed off was a tough call for Stricker. I think the pneumonia made it a really easy call for him. I don’t think there is anyway Brooks misses the cup. I just hope he isn’t paired with DJ again. Not a good pair in my opinion. I would like to see him abs Berger paired. I read both were on same team in college. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I don’t think there is anyway Brooks misses the cup.

I'd take action on that bet, with an out (for both of us) if he plays but is still injured, because that'd be a testament to how selfish and whatnot he is.

He should miss, because he's injured. If he does the "play through injury" bullshit, it'll be selfish and jackassed.

I read he withdrew for precaution due to it being the same wrist from 17 and 18. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, dennyjones said:

why?  Not that it's a bad thing, just curious.  

4 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Without getting political, I find jingoistic nationalism abhorrent

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

jingoistic nationalism abhorrent

Not sure cheering for the team of players representing your country in a friendly competition meets this definition but you can root for whoever you want.   🤷‍♂️ 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

Not sure cheering for the team of players representing your country in a friendly competition meets this definition but you can root for whoever you want.   🤷‍♂️ 

There's also a level of absolutely delicious schadenfreude in watching Americans get wound so tight and lose.

• Like 1
  • Booooooooo 1

Colin P.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

He's just gonna get us a Sunday singles half when he WDs.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

He should miss, because he's injured. If he does the "play through injury" bullshit, it'll be selfish and jackassed.

Agree 100 percent, but that is also very much in his character.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Note: This thread is 802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!