IGNORED

Charley Hoffman Bitches About the Rules of Golf

iacas
Note: This thread is 820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

AgEXQVVUX0lTY2xHU0k2UXhXa1g1ZzV0MncAMA

Brandel Chamblee blasts Charley Hoffman after Hoffman’s Instagram post that ripped the PGA Tour, its...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:
AgEXQVVUX0lTY2xHU0k2UXhXa1g1ZzV0MncAMA

Brandel Chamblee blasts Charley Hoffman after Hoffman’s Instagram post that ripped the PGA Tour, its...

That is perhaps the best commentary Chamblee has ever made. Hoffman looks like a whiney, overpaid douche now.

And by the way, this is a very unforgiving — if they leave here and go play for another tour, they’re going to go from being independent contractors to employees. And they are going to have the most unforgiving employer in the history of employers. Versus the most philanthropic organization. But by the way that runs six tours around the globe. So if you want to talk about growing the game, how about Latin America, Canada, China, all over the world they have these respective tours, the PGA Tour does, giving billions of dollars to charity and doing everything they can to protect the player from the time they come out of college till they decide to quit playing on the Champions Tour?”

Look, I’d have more respect for them, though not much, if they just came out and said, look, it’s a boatload of money and I’m conflicted. But the idea of trying to denigrate the business model that has allowed them to live lavish lives — Charley Hoffman has made roughly $32 million, $32 million with just four wins over the course of his career. To allow them to live lavish lives, to degenerate the PGA Tour, which, as I said, six tours around the globe, all of their money is either earmarked for charity, purses or the betterment of the tour, billions of dollars, and they’re trying to denigrate the PGA Tour and say that the Saudi League has their back, now nothing is more preposterous, and it boggles the mind that they would even try to make this argument.

“Just stand up and say what it is. It’s being offered a lot of money and we’re thinking about going.”

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yes. $32 million with just four wins. Shut up.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Wow, Chamblee left nothing on table! Applause. I am 100% with him. 

Hoffman is so full of shit with his fake rage and frankly not very bright alleging the PGA tour of "no accountability" yet admitting he didn't know the rule in the same breath. 

Chamblee calling out the BS about 'this is why we are jumping ship' is on point too. At least have the balls to admit that it would be a money grab, plain and simple. Everything else seems to be a downside - morally or strategically.

I don't know what it it is to be pondering tens of millions of dollars but it is clear that a wad of money is the second most dominant force right behind gravity... even if you already have tens of millions of dollars. 

Vishal S.

I’m pretty sure the discussion that was had on the practice range this morning at my local club would be redacted heavily, considering the names that Hoffman was called by all of us this morning.

Here’s my take.   Whiny, spoiled mediocre golf pro who has bagged $32 million and throws a hissy fit like a male Karen who is not asking for the manager, but thinks yelling at the manager will somehow bother anyone because he’s an insignificant POS.

life of luxury for hitting a small ball around that 99% plus people would love to spend their lives doing?  What an insufferable piece of human excrement.

ps.  He doubled down on it to a reporter, claiming that something needs to be done to protect Einsteins like him from his own actions…but just threw in the other golf league to “get headlines”.   He can screw himself, up his backside, with a chainsaw.

• Funny 2

—Adam

AgEXQTNRbGVOUlVlUUUtWEFsa2RaTTE3R1EAMA

Charley Hoffman, asked about his barrage against the PGA Tour, doubles down after the third round...

I mean damn, Hoffman gets dumber and dumber talking about this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When you find yourself in a hole...stop digging.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:
AgEXQTNRbGVOUlVlUUUtWEFsa2RaTTE3R1EAMA

Charley Hoffman, asked about his barrage against the PGA Tour, doubles down after the third round...

I mean damn, Hoffman gets dumber and dumber talking about this. 

I mean, not one person at a country club would have took another penalty for that.

Well, if this golf thing isn't working out for him, we can probably rule out grammarian as an alternative career path.

• Funny 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Theegala had a similar issue on Sunday when he hit his drive into the water on 17. But he was aware of the rule and, while he said he rushed the subsequent shot, he didn't bitch about it.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

21 hours ago, phan52 said:

Theegala had a similar issue on Sunday when he hit his drive into the water on 17. But he was aware of the rule and, while he said he rushed the subsequent shot, he didn't bitch about it.  

Theegala has class.   Hoffman is a dipstick.   Hope he has more to dangle in front of Greg "golf just means $$$ to me" Norman's world tour.

From Wikipedia:

Hoffman won the Valero Texas Open in April 2016, for this fourth career victory, shooting a 3-under-par 69 in the final round. He defeated Patrick Reed by a single stroke.

On April 6, 2017, Hoffman shot a 65 in windy conditions to lead by four strokes after the first round of the 2017 Masters.[6] His round consisted of nine birdies and is biggest lead after the first round of the Masters since 1941. He followed this up with a three over round of 75 in the second round to drop back into a four-way tie for the lead. Hoffman was in possession of the lead or co-lead for the majority of round three, until he found the water on the 16th, culminating in a double bogey. He finished with a level par round of 72, which left him two shots back of Sergio García and Justin Rose, entering the final round. He finished with a closing round of 78 in the final round to finish T-22.

2 top 10s in Majors for his career as well.   Man, he'll be swimming in Saudi money!   Get him a golf plated Ferrari right now!

—Adam

• Administrator

@imsys0042 I don’t think anyone has ever said Charley is heading to the Saudi tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

@imsys0042 I don’t think anyone has ever said Charley is heading to the Saudi tour.

I know.   I'm making fun of his statements about why players are leaving.  I don't think he should park it by the phone waiting for that call to come.   He doesn't have the chops or the visibility to go there.

—Adam

I became a Charley fan when he ripped a 3 wood to an over the water green to try to win when his caddie tried to talk him down to layin' up. "I am tired of finishing second" he was heard saying at Firestone in 2017. He didn't win but pulled off the shot. Now I've lost all respect for him like many of you. 

I still can't wrap my head around how can a professional bitch about a rule and admit he didn't know it and then proceed to blame it on some larger systemic incompetence all in the same breath. Yeah, that is so douchey.  

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

56 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

still can't wrap my head around how can a professional bitch about a rule and admit he didn't know it and then proceed to blame it on some larger systemic incompetence all in the same breath.

C’mon Vishal! You work with people like this all the time! So did I. They’re supposedly professionals who simply don’t understand how things work in their own area. Somehow they get by or even worse, promoted.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

C’mon Vishal! You work with people like this all the time! So did I. They’re supposedly professionals who simply don’t understand how things work in their own area. Somehow they get by or even worse, promoted.

This is so true. 

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!