IGNORED

Pull Cart

Looking for some direction for a pull cart.. I’m going to start walking (some) because I need to shed some weight.. what are must haves and things to stay away from when purchasing.. I’m wanting to stay under $500.. what are good brands? 

Good plan. I like my Clicgear 3.5 push-cart. I'd stay away from *pull* carts. For me, they put a strain on my shoulder.  My $0.02.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mohearn said:

I'd stay away from *pull* carts. For me, they put a strain on my shoulder.

Push carts, to me, are so much easier to use than pull carts.   You need a minimum of 3 wheels but as @mohearn said, Clicgear makes a good one.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

A good topic here:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

Looking for some direction for a pull cart.. I’m going to start walking (some) because I need to shed some weight.. what are must haves and things to stay away from when purchasing.. I’m wanting to stay under $500.. what are good brands? 

Here's a quote from ... me. 

"In my opinion (opinions are like assholes, everyone has one) the most important option in a push cart is to have a brake release handle NOT a toe activated brake. Again, this is one man's opinion, but I find the toe operated brake annoying and the handle infinitely better."

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Pull carts suck! Get a ClicGear push par 4.0. For $500 aside from battery operated have at it. Do some research as to what you are want. That is the key to a good push cart. Know what you want. Your budget is not an issue for you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I’ve had a Sun Mountain micro cart going about 11 years now.  It’s been really good quality, no issues.  I did break a wheel about 5-6 years ago (my fault) and it was easy to get a replacement wheel.

That said, I am currently looking to replace it with a 3 wheeled version.  Several of my buddies have the 3 wheel speed cart and they do push through the grass easier (I would assume due to the larger wheels, and only three of them).  Also, my new bag doesn’t fit quite as good between the front wheels of the micro cart.  I’m planning to go Sun Mountain again due to my experience with my current cart.

Thats my experience, if it’s helpful.  Make sure you get one with an umbrella holder (which actually come standard on all the quality carts I’m aware of), not for the rain as much as for the sun.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mohearn said:

Good plan. I like my Clicgear 3.5 push-cart. I'd stay away from *pull* carts. For me, they put a strain on my shoulder.  My $0.02.

I did not know there was a difference in a push and pull cart… I assumed you could push or pull whichever cart you bought.. Im totally ignorant to the subject, thanks for the feedback..

@MississippiSteve tons on reviews online for pull carts. first is know what you want. 3 or 4 wheels. Second know what you want the cart to have. Foot or hand brake, clothing Basket, phone holder. Most have these already but there are some no frills ones. ClicGear you can add on as you go. Want a bigger cup holder you can order it. Longer umbrella holder that moves yup. A chair. You see where I am going. Sun Mountain also makes a good one. Tgw has there own that is functional and comes with some good stock items. Good luck. 

Shit I meant push cart reviews. Ugh coffee time. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Supply issue. They are still in business 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

11 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

I did not know there was a difference in a push and pull cart… I assumed you could push or pull whichever cart you bought.. Im totally ignorant to the subject, thanks for the feedback..

You can "push" a pull cart if you want to. You just have to balance it to get it into a neutral position. And sometimes this is easier than a 3 or 4 wheel "push" cart when you are going uphill. And you don't need to remember to set the brake to prevent your cart from rolling into a pond when you are not looking. (an embarassing experince!) I switch between 3 wheel push carts and 2 wheel pull carts depending on the size of my bag that day. The 3 wheel carts seem to support heavier bags. My favorite is a inexpensive Walter Hagen (Dicks/ Golf Galaxy brand) 3 wheel golf cart that I got at a garage sale for 10 bucks. You can use it as a 3 wheel push art or remove the 3rd wheel and use it as a pull/push cart. Best of both worlds!

I have a Clicgear 4.0 and love it.  I agree with @ChetlovesMerand prefer a "Hand Brake" over a "Foot Brake".  They had supply chain issues during COVID but I just check Amazon and found them in stock.   

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I recommend the Sun Mountain 3 wheeled carts 

I'm not a fan of 4 wheelers

Something to think about might be foam/solid tires instead of something that can go flat

Colin P.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, MississippiSteve said:

After looking at the reviews on clicgear website, things didn’t look good.. people asking if the company had gone under? Anybody have any recent experience with them?

ClicGear are the best carts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There site looks the same to me. They are having supply issues like everyone else.

cgusaLOGO-18.png?height=628&pad_color=ff

Clicgear USA offers the finest in golf push cart technology, design and support, as well as the largest collection of accessories and replacement parts. We are a company focused on curating the...

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A friend I played with this morning has a clicgear 3.5.  He said it’s been great, his only disappointment has been that a plastic part related to the hinge/pivot has worn down over the years and causes the cart to sag a little to point where there is some rubbing.  I certainly don’t know these carts at all, I wonder if some of the clicgear guys have experienced something similar, and are aware if there’s an easy fix.