IGNORED

Electric Push Cart?

7 hours ago, jlbos83 said:

I am a fan of my MGI ZIP Navigator AT (at least to now only at Costco in the US).  Battery lasts over two rounds of the courses I play (probably would make three, based on the indicator, but testing that theory is not on my to do list).  I can put my gallon insulated thermos in my bag, and pretty much anything else I want to carry.  I confess to not using it in the absolute heat of summer here, but in a hear and a half I am well over 200 miles.  I have dumped it, but not lately, I just had to learn how to drive it!  Only nits I can pick is that the drink holder is a bit fragile and that my bag will sometime turn on the cart (I have a C-130 by Sun Mountain).  Oh, and the clip on one end of the lower strap broke, but if I put that end on first, the tension hold it in place fine.  I am thinking of getting a bag through MGI made to fit the base when my bag ever wears out.  Everyone that sees it comments, and seems to like it, so that's a positive. 

I would not be walking at all without it.  With the $10 or so savings per round that I use it, it will be paid for in about 150 rounds, that's not that far off!

I'm also a fan of the Zip Navigator but I'd sure recommend against purchasing one of their bags. I did and it was a mistake for me.

Ugh I really want one of these electric carts. I'm getting old but I'm in good shape, the main thing is a pinched nerve I've had in my left trap since I was 16. Even focusing on pushing my cart with my right arm only still aggravates it and by the end of a full round it's burning like crazy. Would definitely go for something that follows or has a remote.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Zippo said:

I'm also a fan of the Zip Navigator but I'd sure recommend against purchasing one of their bags. I did and it was a mistake for me.

I played with a guy who had one of these and he liked it a lot.

It really freaked me out for the first few holes though, something in my subconscious kept saying "that push cart is rolling down a hill" and a few times I nearly took off to grab it. 

• Like 1

:whistle:

20 hours ago, Zippo said:

I appreciate hearing your experience.  Saves me learning the hard way!  I will stick to Sun Mountain, and make it work!

22 hours ago, Zippo said:

I have a Zip Navigator and got myself a Titleist tour bag to go on it. I saw pictures someone had of the midsize and it looked really good. Then I found a great deal on a full size one on ebay so I pulled the trigger and now have a zip navigator and full tour bag on it and I think it works great. The battery meter has four bars and I've played a full round on bethpage black and still had four bars on the meter at the end. I've only seen it drop below 4 bars once and that was when I played two rounds and at the end it got down to 2 bars. I don't know how much further it would go, but two rounds is easily met.

• Thumbs Up 1

(edited)
On 8/4/2022 at 8:29 PM, Shindig said:

I have a non-electric push cart and I had to replace the drink holder after it broke during a round in late 2020.  My bag turns on the cart all the time.  

I wonder if these are common issues to carts that facilitate walking.

I had the problem about my bag turning so I bought one of these. It works great, and would fit on any cart not just a Clicgear.

Clicgear_Accessories_Bag_Cozy_a_600x600_

Fits ALL Clicgear (except Model 6) & Rovic Cart Models! PLEASE NOTE:  THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK ON OTHER BRANDS OF CARTSThe Clicgear Bag Cozy is designed to secure golf stand bags to our...

Edited by NM Golf
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

I had the problem about my bag turning so I bought one of these. It works great, and would fit on any cart not just a Clicgear.

Clicgear_Accessories_Bag_Cozy_a_600x600_

Fits ALL Clicgear (except Model 6) & Rovic Cart Models! PLEASE NOTE:  THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK ON OTHER BRANDS OF CARTSThe Clicgear Bag Cozy is designed to secure golf stand bags to our...

I'm going to have to look closer at that.  The big red letters saying they won't work on mine, but I bet that's more a CYA by them than a statement of fact.  Thanks for the info!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:14 AM, jshots said:

It really freaked me out for the first few holes though, something in my subconscious kept saying "that push cart is rolling down a hill" and a few times I nearly took off to grab it. 

I have a Bat Caddy and the cart was next to two guys and I was down the hill from them. I launched the cart to me and one of the guys thought it was rolling away and was nice enough to lunge for it and try to stop it from rolling away.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Alphard V1 electric wheels for my Clicgear 3.5 a few years ago.  Both are still going strong.  I play on a fairly hilly course and the Clicgear was getting tougher to push up the hills.  I'm now 74 years old and still enjoy walking the course, but the electric wheels make walking more manageable. Haven't got any information on the V2, except that I'm pretty sure they aren't selling the V1 any more and the V2 is the only option available now.  I also got the movable front wheels to make the steering easier, but they made the cart turn too much.  I went back to the single wheel on the front and I find that easier to control.  By the way, if you get the Alphard, you should definitely get the wheelie bars that keep the cart from tipping over backwards on hills.  They are worth the money and help avoid foul language when the cart tips over. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike